Does it really matter anymore?

Flash-er

Civilian
Reaction score
With all the weirdness that's gone on in Smallville, would it really make a difference if Lex knew Clark's secret?

the reason this has been such a big deal is that Clark is an alien, with powers unlike those the world have ever seen! Except for the first episode... and the second... okay, and the third and, wait... dammit!

There are so many ways that Clark could've gotten his powers by this point, there's really no reason (aside from that he's an evil SOB) that it's a big deal that Lex would find out. Hell, even Lex himself has had all the powers that Clark has, so can someone explain to me why it still must remain such a big mystery?

And no, you can't say "because that's how the mythos of the character is"... yeah, I beat you to it. Now shush and gimmie an answer. :ninja:

Don't know... with Lex being so smart and al that one might think he had figured it out by now.

Lex knows he's different. That's what basically the entire show has shown. He had that secret room, he had the blind kid, he's had countless little experiments, he makes references to it (like the episode where they were trapped in the tunnel. Nemesis or whatever it was called), he has the shiv that lex stabbed into him when they got into it when he was hopped up on Red K. He's got countless other things working for him.

It would be good if Lex found out his powers, but held it all back so that he knew whathe was up against.

this show has no credibility to stand on and runs off thinking the main characters are ultimately stupid and the viewers are somewhat stupid as well.

this show has no credibility to stand on and runs off thinking the main characters are ultimately stupid and the viewers are somewhat stupid as well.

I dont think its just this show that's guilty of that, surely the whole premise of the Clark Kent/Superman secret identity thing, has characters like Lois, Jimmy, Perry and Lex looking stupid as well.

I think this type of story just asks you to put aside those kinds of skepticisms and go with it.

I dont think its just this show that's guilty of that, surely the whole premise of the Clark Kent/Superman secret identity thing, has characters like Lois, Jimmy, Perry and Lex looking stupid as well.

I think this type of story just asks you to put aside those kinds of skepticisms and go with it.

I know, just like the comics makes everyone(Lois, Jimmy, Perry,etc.) look like idiots for not figuring out that Clark is Superman. People need to just remember that Superman is a non-fictional character.:cwink:

well repeating something in a far more obvious medium perhaps isn't the way to go...
I mean ultimately there is no room for a superman in this universe as everyone is familiar with what clark looks like without his glasses on....

Theres a difference Lois, Jimmy and Perry never spent this much time with Clark before him becoming Superman as the SV Lois and Jimmy are. So for them (SV Lois and Jimmy) to sit here and not be able to tell the two apart is really dumb. Which is why I would love to see how they fix this issue before he becomes Superman but we proably won't see that.

Theres a difference Lois, Jimmy and Perry never spent this much time with Clark before him becoming Superman as the SV Lois and Jimmy are. So for them (SV Lois and Jimmy) to sit here and not be able to tell the two apart is really dumb. Which is why I would love to see how they fix this issue before he becomes Superman but we proably won't see that.

Well, I didnt think we were talking about the future, I thought we were talking about the people in present day Smallville not realising that Clark is an alien from another planet.

How they "fix" things for the future is a whole other topic.

You're talking about a show, based on a mythos where intelligent reporters can't see through a disguise that's made up of a pair of glasses. Smallville isn't treating it's characters, or viewers -any- worse than the comics are.

well, he goes off for about what 12 years and to be honest do any of you remember what an old high school buddy looks like from 12 years ago. Okay, you get flashes of them but, they're all very vague.

Maybe they can have Lex find out in one episode, but have him forget thanks to a beautiful young woman from an unknown island. Okay, okay, I just want to see Wonder Woman!

Maybe they can have Lex find out in one episode, but have him forget thanks to a beautiful young woman from an unknown island. Okay, okay, I just want to see Wonder Woman!

Actually they already did that, but electro-shock thearpy was subsituted for Wonder Woman.

I liked that idea because it sort of fitted with that season.

You think this shows bad? Go watch Lois and Clark. Dean Cain is buffed up the entire series, and all he does it remove the glasses and NO ONE can realize that he's superman.

Yeah, that's a LOT worse than Clark. At least this clark is dumpy and does a bunch of goofy things.

I actually think they should find a way to make it so that Lex doesn't know Clark is Superman, that's the fun behind the whole rivalry they have.

Thanks for all the replies guys, but the question is, does it really matter if he found out, not why hasn't he figured it out.

Obviously Lex knows Clark's special. He just doesn't know to what extent he's special. My question is, what reasons could there be for it to be SUCH a big deal that he doesn't know? And again, I say that just saying that it's not part of the mythology doesn't count because that's the obvious answer. Besides, I think it would be awesome if Lex DID find out for the majority of a season, then some event took the memory away and Clark's left wondering if he'll remember or if he DOES know and just pretending not to. I think it would add another layer to the relationships.

They can't fix it. Lex has seen without his "glasses" for years now.

doesn't Clark have hypnotic vision in the future?

when clark becomes superman and is on the front of the paper..... LEx is going to be like Why the hell is Clark Dressed up?

They'll never be able to put together a satisfactory conclusion
x2

but if they somehow do, i will take every bad thing about smallville back that i've said

until then...

they jumped the shark in season 4... witches?? lolol

yeah, not everyone will be satisfied with the ending. If there are so many people divided about Supergirl now, there will be no way that everyone will be happy with the conclusion. I do hope that Almiles write the series finale, though. The episodes they've written were some of the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"