The Exorcist remake on its way?

Galactus

Devourer of Worlds
Reaction score
Written by Robert Sanchez
Sunday, 21 October 2007
Is Warner Bros. looking to remake the Oscar winning classic horror film, The Exorcist?

One our readers has sent in the following:

News out of this past weekend's International Horror & Sci-Fi Film Festival at the Harkins Centerpoint Theate in Tempe - Linda Blair, there to introduce THE EXORICST, hinted that a remake of the film is in the works.... and judging by the look on her face, she's not happy about it!

The Exorcist is an Academy Award-winning 1973 American horror and thriller film, adapted from the 1971 novel of the same name by William Peter Blatty, dealing with the demonic possession of a young girl, and her mother’s desperate attempts to win back her daughter through an exorcism conducted by several priests. The film features Ellen Burstyn, Linda Blair, Max von Sydow, Kitty Winn, Lee J. Cobb and Jason Miller. Both the film and novel took inspirations from a documented exorcism in 1949, performed on a 12 year old boy.

The film became one of the most profitable horror films of all time and has had significant impact on viewers, grossing $402,500,000 worldwide. The film earned ten Academy Award nominations—winning two, one for Best Sound and Best Adapted Screenplay.

Warner Bros. has tried in the past to capture the magic of the original 70’s film with multiple sequels but have not been able to even remotely come close to its critical or box office success.

Just a few years ago, WB produced a prequel to the events depicted in The Exorcist with horrible results. Instead of making one film, the studio turned out two different films by two different directors, Renny Harlin and Paul Schrader.

The Renny Harlin version barely made a dent at the box office and Paul Schrader’s film was eventually released straight to DVD.

I really, really wish they stop making remakes-this is one they need the hell alone

I really, really wish they stop making remakes-this is one they need the hell alone

That's the thing. We are living in hell where we are given good movies and then years later they are remade to torture us....

This is Hell!

Written by Robert Sanchez
Sunday, 21 October 2007
Is Warner Bros. looking to remake the Oscar winning classic horror film, The Exorcist?

One our readers has sent in the following:

News out of this past weekend's International Horror & Sci-Fi Film Festival at the Harkins Centerpoint Theate in Tempe - Linda Blair, there to introduce THE EXORICST, hinted that a remake of the film is in the works.... and judging by the look on her face, she's not happy about it!

The Exorcist is an Academy Award-winning 1973 American horror and thriller film, adapted from the 1971 novel of the same name by William Peter Blatty, dealing with the demonic possession of a young girl, and her mother’s desperate attempts to win back her daughter through an exorcism conducted by several priests. The film features Ellen Burstyn, Linda Blair, Max von Sydow, Kitty Winn, Lee J. Cobb and Jason Miller. Both the film and novel took inspirations from a documented exorcism in 1949, performed on a 12 year old boy.

The film became one of the most profitable horror films of all time and has had significant impact on viewers, grossing $402,500,000 worldwide. The film earned ten Academy Award nominations—winning two, one for Best Sound and Best Adapted Screenplay.

Warner Bros. has tried in the past to capture the magic of the original 70’s film with multiple sequels but have not been able to even remotely come close to its critical or box office success.

Just a few years ago, WB produced a prequel to the events depicted in The Exorcist with horrible results. Instead of making one film, the studio turned out two different films by two different directors, Renny Harlin and Paul Schrader.

The Renny Harlin version barely made a dent at the box office and Paul Schrader’s film was eventually released straight to DVD.

Honestly, I never saw the big deal about this film. My wife and I saw it for the first time about a year ago, and I thought it was more funny than scary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"