The Fall Guy - (Ryan Gosling/Emily Blunt)

As interested as I am, the article bringing up Cliff Booth really just makes me want to see QT do a Cliff Booth spin-off.

'The Fall Guy': David Leitch Reveals What We Can Expect From Ryan Gosling Action Flick

“I can tell you a little. It's a reimagining of the show from the '80s, the late '70s, early '80s, starring Lee Majors. It's about a stuntman who gets embroiled in some crazy drama outside of the movie business, and mayhem ensues. And so, there's fun and action, and we're trying to make a big summer movie with it. And Universal's incredibly supportive, and Ryan's been really collaborative on the material, and we're starting shooting in October. And so, we're in pre-production right now.”

In addition, Leitch spoke about the metalinguistic experience that a project set within Hollywood provides. Leitch confirmed that we can look forward to movie-industry cameos, and that the idea is to have fun with the concept while also using their personal experiences as filmmakers to tell this story:

“We'll definitely want to have fun with the movie world. I think, again, for all of us involved, it's sort of like, 'Yes, it's about a stuntman.' So whatever drama that's happening to this guy, it's like any other movie. It's a great world for that drama to be happening in. And then it's so rich with anecdotes from Kelly [McCormick, producer]'s experiences, my experiences, Ryan's experiences. We're definitely going to have a lot of fun playing with the movie, our movie experiences inside of this movie."

Well since it's Australia I can definitely see a reunion with Russell Crowe for a cameo

I hope Emily Blunt isn't playing Heather Thomas's character because she seems a bit too old for that. She'd be better playing the Markie Post or Joanne Plflug boss character.

For Heather Thomas's character I'd prefer someone less known. Maybe someone like Anne Winters from the Orville.

And why isn't the title of this thread just The Fall Guy since it was a known property?

This could be great, one of my childhood favourites. kinda surprised Tom Cruise didn't fancy doing the Colt Severes role but Gosling should be good and Emily is surely playing Terri rather than Jodi who'd be an ideal role for say, Sydney Sweeney. I'm also curious what modern truck they'll adapt for Colt. :cool:

I hope this is less comedic in tone than Leitch's other stuff, it should be lighthearted to a degree but not full on goofy comedy........and leave theme in tact! :D

Since Gosling is playing a stuntman again, I would love to see a little nod to Drive in this film. Like maybe he opens his closet and you see the white scorpion jacket hanging there.

This could be great, one of my childhood favourites. kinda surprised Tom Cruise didn't fancy doing the Colt Severes role but Gosling should be good and Emily is surely playing Terri rather than Jodi who'd be an ideal role for say, Sydney Sweeney. I'm also curious what modern truck they'll adapt for Colt. :cool:

I hope this is less comedic in tone than Leitch's other stuff, it should be lighthearted to a degree but not full on goofy comedy........and leave theme in tact! :D

Lee Majors's singing is better here than in The Six Million Dollar Man episode which introduced the Bionic Woman where he sounded largely out of tune.

Since Gosling is playing a stuntman again, I would love to see a little nod to Drive in this film. Like maybe he opens his closet and you see the white scorpion jacket hanging there.
It would be a little chessy but a nice callback.

Sounds like Nice Guys if the plot revolves around finding the star

I think this film will have as much in common with the 80s series as the current Kung Fu has with the original 70s series.

Would probably be a more interesting with ATJ as the lead honestly.

The casting is picking up pace, looking forward to seeing what Winston Duke's role is.

Hopefully we find out what they're casting for Colt's iconic truck soon! :D

If that's even in it. It doesn't even look like it has the same characters in it but loosely based on the premise instead.

Never seen the old show but this cast is shaping up to be pretty epic!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"