The Final Girl (HBO Max)

Sawyer

Definitely Not 40
Reaction score
Charlize Theron, Andy & Barbara Muschietti To Produce ‘The Final Girl’ Series Adaptation At HBO Max – Deadline
EXCLUSIVE: HBO Max is developing The Final Girl, a TV series based on Grady Hendrix’s upcoming horror novel The Final Girl Support Group. The project hails from Oscar winner Charlize Theron and her Denver & Delilah Films, It duo Barbara and Andy Muschietti’s Double Dream as well as Aperture Entertainment.

The novel’s title refers to a Los Angeles–based therapeutic support group for six “final girls”— survivors of mass-murderer rampages whose experiences inspired the slasher franchises that saturated horror cinema in the 1980s and ’90s, earning them minor celebrity.

Andy Muschietti is set to direct the pilot.
I’m in.

ive always yearned for a series or movie that centered on final girls (and wasnt a glorified comedy) so very excited for this.

Would be fun to name them after some famous final girls. This would be a fun extended universe to build up.

Okay, I'm about half-way through Grady Hendrix's The Final Girl Support Group, and it's pretty good so far.

Edit: Finished it today. Enjoyed it. My only complaint, if you can really call it that, is that it starts out as this supposedly 'realistic' take on what it's actually like to be a Final Girl, only for things to stray well into 'unrealistic' territory as it heads towards the climax. But hey, at the end of the day, it's a horror story :yay:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"