World The Flash video games

famicommander

Sidekick
Reaction score
There are three games that star the Flash in a solo role, and plenty more that have him as a playable character.

Let's start with the solo adventures.

The_Flash_(NA).jpg

First was The Flash, developed by Equilibrium in 1991 for the Nintendo Game Boy. It was based on the old TV show, and follows the Flash as he tries to find bombs the Trickster has hidden all over the city. It's a basic 2D sidescroller, with some beat 'em-up and some platforming elements. It's a competent game from beginning to end.

The_Flash_Game.jpg

Next up was The Flash, developed by Probe in 1993 for the SEGA Master System. It was only released in Europe, but can be imported and played on North American systems without issue. It was also based on the TV show, and also follows the Flash as he battles Trickster, but it is not the same game as the Game Boy version. The Master System game has Flash trying to prevent Trickster from becoming mayor. The graphics are much improved, the levels are much larger and less linear, the soundtrack is awesome. This is easily the best Flash video game out there, if you can handle the difficulty. The game is fair, but requires precise control and has a strict timer. Of course, it's a pain to get a hold of in the States and can fetch upwards of $40 on eBay, so you have to really want to play it to bite.

2527.jpg

Finally we had Justice League Heroes: The Flash, deveolped by Wayforward for the Game Boy Advance in 2006. It is a spin off of Justice League Heroes for home consoles, which was in turn based on the DCAU's Justice League tv series. This one has an isometric viewpoint and is much less of a platformer than the other two. The game is fun, if unremarkable and short. If you have a GBA or DS (original or Lite) it's extremely easy to find and not expensive at all, so I'd recommend tracking it down if you're interested. This is also the only solo game starring Wally West, as Barry stars in the other two.

Also feel free to discuss the Flash's appearances in other games. Injustice, DCUO, MK vs DCU, Justice League Heroes, Justice League Task Force, the LEGO Batman games, etc.

All 3 of them are hard to play, and not fun to control.
It's sad that my favorite flash gameplay is in a game not focused on him, or rather two games; LEGO Batman 2 & 3.

My ideal Flash game would allow controlling both Barry and Wally, Wally for Keystone, and Barry for Central, displaying the differences in the skills of both Flashes, and showcasing Barry's talents and skills as a forensic scientist.

After the story is complete, we can control both of them, and free roam each one in both the gem cities.

There are certain details I'd like to mention, to make controlling them easy to handle, without cheapening speed, and sometimes show how fast they can really travel.

I never owned a Sega Master system & wasn't even aware of a Flash video game for it. I never did get around to buying the other 2 games for the Gameboy.

If they did new games for the current consoles I'm sure they'd be amazing, just as long as Sega doesn't get to make them in any shape or form.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"