The Frank Sinatra Birthday Thread

DBella said:
Seriously?! :wow: :up:

We have to set up a YIM date for that. ;)

... With each word your tenderness grows
Tearing my fears apart
And that laugh that wrinkles your nose
It touches my foolish heart....
You're on...I loves me a YIM date :p ;)

...Lovely, never, ever change
keep that breathless charm
won't you please arrange it
cause I love you,
Just the way you look, tonite... :woot::cwink:

DBella said:
Don't forget to send it my way when it's ready. The two you've sent me aren't enough. Sometimes I listen to them before going to sleep. *blush*

aww...well remind me which songs I sent you and I'll see if I can supplement your collection a bit (at least til the new cd is finished ;) )

Superman79 said:
You're on...I loves me a YIM date :p ;)

...Lovely, never, ever change
keep that breathless charm
won't you please arrange it
cause I love you,
Just the way you look, tonite... :woot::cwink:
*turns to jello and dies with a huge smile on face*

PM me and let me know when you're available. Or I could send you a voice message one of these days. :up: ;)

DBella said:
*turns to jello and dies with a huge smile on face*

PM me and let me know when you're available. Or I could send you a voice message one of these days. :up: ;)

*flies around the world really fast in reverse to bring Bella back to life, then puts the Earths rotation back to normal...ignoring obvious continuity issues...:D*

you got it gorgeous...PM coming your way yet tonite... :up:

Superman79 said:
you got it gorgeous...PM coming your way yet tonite... :up:
Yipee! :up:

I have to fully recover from my cough first before we get to duet. I sound like a toad right now. Other times I sound like a frog.

Superman79 said:
aww...well remind me which songs I sent you and I'll see if I can supplement your collection a bit (at least til the new cd is finished ;) )
Mack the Knife and Your Song.

The way you look tonight is my all time favourite song of his'. When it's raining and gloomy outside, I would just play that song and just melt. :heart:

fruity said:
The way you look tonight is my all time favourite song of his'. When it's raining and gloomy outside, I would just play that song and just melt. :heart:
The first time I heard that song, it wasn't Frank who sang it, it was Bing and Dixie Lee Crosby. Loved it the very first time I heard it. :up: My favorite song of Frank is definitely ALL THE WAY.

DBella said:
The first time I heard that song, it wasn't Frank who sang it, it was Bing and Dixie Lee Crosby. Loved it the very first time I heard it. :up: My favorite song of Frank is definitely ALL THE WAY.
I don't know....There's so many songs that I love from him. His voice is just amazing, he could sing me the phone book and it'll convince me he's the love of my life.:woot:

Yup, that was Frank.

How cool would it have been to be part of his entourage?? Or part of the Rat Pack even??

Those were the good ole days...back before this damn gangsta rap and crap like it. I would love to see Frank meet a guy like 50 Cent face to face...Frank would break his legs for rapping about the crap he says he does...

I don't think I'm eligible to join the Rat Pack. :(

fruity said:
I don't think I'm eligible to join the Rat Pack. :(

Why not?? The Rat Pack had women in it. Yeah, the core was Frank, Dean, Sammy, Peter, and Joey, but (little known fact) Frank founded the group with Lauren BeCall and Humphrey Bogart (BeCall came up with the name by calling Sinatra, Bogey and their drinking group "a damn rat pack"

Later female members included Judy Garland, Elizabeth Taylor, and (for a brief time) Marilyn Monroe...

So yeah, you'd be eligible ;)

fruity said:
I don't know....There's so many songs that I love from him. His voice is just amazing, he could sing me the phone book and it'll convince me he's the love of my life.:woot:
Haha! I know what you mean. I've been listening to him almost all day and I am convinced that I'm in love with him. :D :O

So it's that time of year again...time to bring this thread back.

December 12, 1915, one of the greatest performers who has ever lived was born
so let us share our love for the one and only Francis Albert Sinatra.

HAPPY 92nd BIRTHDAY FRANK!!! :up:

Happy Birthday Frank. No one has been as cool as you ever since.

Happy Birthday, Blue Eyes.

I suggest that everyone who appreciates the man toss back a tumbler of Jack Daniels tonite in his honor...least, that's what I'm doin' :D

I drank a whole 1 liter bottle of Jack Daniels in one night once, haven't been able to touch the stuff since.

I can't handle Jack. I can drink Irish whiskey, but the American stuff is too much for me. Go figure.

I have all my Frank stuff on rotation for today. I have his version of "Love Is A Many Splendored Thing" on right now. I'm also supposed to be receiving my copy of The Complete Reprise Studio Recordings today.

I have all my Frank stuff on rotation for today. I have his version of "Love Is A Many Splendored Thing" on right now. I'm also supposed to be receiving my copy of The Complete Reprise Studio Recordings today.

How much did you swing that for?? I've been trying to find it at a decent price...

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannnnman
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"