• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

The Future

PyroChamber

Not lactose, it's milk!
Reaction score
Do you think there will ever be a point where the future will look like it does in science fiction; flying cars, A.I., carzy clothing, stuff like that?

About 8 years ago I was on a train in London and while I was talking on my cel phone I noticed there was a flashing map and then it changes to either an advertisement or announcing the next station. I wondered how mundane such things were to us but to someone maybe 20 years ago those things would be an amazing thing.

Heck the designers themselves say that the cel phones are based on the Star Trek communicators.

I don't think it'll be as extreme as it is in the movies, but I'm sure 20 years from today will look significantly different than it does now. I mean, take Disneyland for example. It's a VERY different place today.

How is Disney different now?

I haven't been there since 2000.

Got videos?

Heck the designers themselves say that the cel phones are based on the Star Trek communicators.

The Ipod is also based on the computers from Star Trek

and god yes, I hope we do have the capability to live like they do in Star Trek. The world would be such a better place if it did.

There is no way flying cars will become as normal as the cars we have now. Not everyone has the ability/can be trusted to operate them. We would have a much higher occurrence of wrecks, most of which would be fatal. Also, it would be much easier for criminals to escape using a car that can go up and down as well as left or right.

Transmetropolitan_38_p17.jpg

There is no way flying cars will become as normal as the cars we have now. Not everyone has the ability/can be trusted to operate them. We would have a much higher occurrence of wrecks, most of which would be fatal. Also, it would be much easier for criminals to escape using a car that can go up and down as well as left or right.

Actually, this is quite a coincidence. In the London Metro (newspaper given on the London Underground) a couple of days ago, there was an article about the first flying car which is actually being tested presently, it runs on an environment friendly fuel and you don't need a pilot licence, just an average driving licence. All that you would need to work it is to type in your direction and speed into the on-board computer.They will be worth around £250,000.

Imagine a city like the fifth element.... I could honestly see that in 300 years... one room (10x15 ft) that has everything you need.... cars flying everywhere... its going to happen eventually... just a matter of when

I imagine the future as a utopian haven for all races, genders, cultures, traditions, and religions.

As far as automobiles, I think an I,Robot future is more feasible than a Minority Report one.

i give it about 50-100 more years before we get that right sci fi feel.

As far as automobiles, I think an I,Robot future is more feasible than a Minority Report one.

I'd love a Minority Report future, though, but an I, Robot one is also cool as hell (albeit, not drastically different as today).

:up:

The Ipod is also based on the computers from Star Trek

and god yes, I hope we do have the capability to live like they do in Star Trek. The world would be such a better place if it did.

As far as technology goes, Star Trek has affected more than people truly know.

:up: :up:

I'd love to live in a Star Trek future.
Money isn't the driving force of life, peace, etc.

the future is gonna be like Minority Report and Children of Men

Do you think there will ever be a point where the future will look like it does in science fiction; flying cars, A.I., carzy clothing, stuff like that?

Ive just thought about this question, you are never going to be in the future and say holy **** this technology is amazing! if you think about it we are kinda living that now! 20 years ago would anyone have thought gaming machines would be at the spec they were or 42" flat screen tvs would be brought in stores, someone coming from the 1900s to now, it would totally blow their mind! You can imagine anything and it could happen like intergralatic space travel! (if we dont all die on this rock from war or flooding that is) :dry:

Intel CPUs will be the size of a dime, and will comprise of 100 cores!!

I imagine the future as a utopian haven for all races, genders, cultures, traditions, and religions.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!
AHAHAHAHAHAH-AH-AH-AHAHAHAHA!!

if anything i see a more Firefly/Serenity style future...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"