• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

The Future

:huh:

there's absolutely nothing funny about that concept... if people try, it can work.

yes there is.

have you seen the state the world with all this race and religion stuff? you really think people are going to put aside their differences and build a utopia? like hell they are. thus why i see the Firefly/Serenity style future more realisicaly...not that i would love a ship like Serenity and to go out into the black or anything like that...:ninja:

Also

Ghost_in_the_shellposter.jpg

"The near future, where corporate networks cover the planet, electrons and light saturate the world, but informatization has not yet erased boundaries between nations and among ethnic groups."

yes there is.

have you seen the state the world with all this race and religion stuff? you really think people are going to put aside their differences and build a utopia? like hell they are. thus why i see the Firefly/Serenity style future more realisicaly...not that i would love a ship like Serenity and to go out into the black or anything like that...:ninja:
I never said it would happen quickly... IMO the world's gonna get a lot worse before it gets better, but that doesn't mean a utopian society based on the ideals that Star Trek is based on any less of a possibility.

Aeon Flux future, that's what will happen. mmhm. I'm from the future.

Hehe, it's funny looking back at Back To The Future Part 2 because they were way off. There's no way 2015 is going to look like it did in that film.

Anyway, flying cars DO exist, they have been tested, and work. However, they will never become household vehicles like normal cars. There are a few reasons: Everyone would have to take a year long course on how to fly. Flying cars would cost millions. And above all else, there'd be no way to navigate. Remember in BTTF Part 2, there's what you call a "sky way." Well that's the only possible way many flying cars would be able to traffic through towns, and well, it's just impossible. Your car may be able to fly but you'd have to put stop signs, traffic lights, etc in the air and things cannot float like that.

Anyway, I think 60 years from now, we may be in an I,Robot looking future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stryderzer0
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"