• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The 'Girl with the Dragon Tattoo' Franchise

I'm kind of surprised that Mara get nominated, but it's great to see her performance get recognized. However, this movie didn't get a BP nominate despite the fact that other 9 films got it, which means the Academy probably doesn't like it very much.

Too much rape for you Mister Oscar?

It would've gotten a nomination if it was the 10 nominees again, PGA, WGA, DGA (must be something else I miss) It was off to a good start than what most could had even hoped for.

I'm very happy to see Mara get nominated. But I'm still pissed Noomi wasn't nominated last year and take this as yet another slight by the Academy at that stellar performance. :oldrazz:

Still, a nice surprise.

Yeah, I didn't expect this nomination (among a few others) so this is great. Very much deserved.

Great to see Mara got nominated, IMO she should win it as her performance was amazing, but I doubt she will, films like this dont tend to win anything they are nominated for in the oscars.

lmao it is like she does'nt give a crap that she got nominated lol

she get nominated and the giants make the super bowl lol her father must be happy

Not all actors care about the awards. She said the same about the Golden Globes nomination, she's honored, but she cares more about what the fans and general public think.

true but the interviewer looked thrown off by her demeanor LOL

like she was expecting to play off and have fun on an excited reaction lol

Lol yeah, the interviewer did seem thrown off completely expecting a huge jumping reaction. They probably think Rooney is like this super ditzy girl, and all they get is the serious, awkward giggles Rooney.

Not all actors care about the awards. She said the same about the Golden Globes nomination, she's honored, but she cares more about what the fans and general public think.

Nothing wrong with that in my eyes, she probably knows she will get more praise from fans and the GA anyway.

So i started my Marathon on the Swedish films and just for the sake of keeping my memory fresh, i thought i'd post my thoughts on the Swedish and Fincher version.
Just tossing random thoughts here and there in no real order:
- I liked how i got to learn about Lisbeth's background and her mother
- I didn't like that Blomkvist was personally involved with the Vanger family, with Anita being his babysitter and stuff. I liked the Fincher version where he did this case to get personal vendetta againts Wenstörm
- I liked Fincher's movie better when it came representing the Vanger family, i just felt he represented the whole family background better with better suspense. I think in the Swedish film you can guess Martin easierly, but then again one could argue you should know Martin is the villain because he was being played by Skarsgard, high profile actor lol.
- I loved Noomi Rapace's Lisbeth, she was really wounded and damaged. Infact Mara's version is quite a badass woman, but this one was incredibly damaged and scared individual.
- The scene where Lisbeth's laptop gets broken is done so much better in the Swedish film, it was so stupid and out of nowhere moment in Fincher's version.
- I really liked the scene where Harirett finally sees her Uncle again, but the music in the Swedish version makes it abit over the top, like melodramatic way.
- I felt the Janne is a betrayer in Millenium was a kinda pointless and unimportant subplot, after all it was only talked in 3 scenes lol.
- Daniel Craig had more charisma then the Swedish Blomkvist, gotta love that handsome Craig. <3
- I felt the sex pervert of Lisbeth was scarier in the Swedish film, due to him looking rather normal and not a fat bearded pervert man.

So in short: I think Fincher's version had higher production value, but both movies have terrific acting, but Fincher's film has better music, setting, environment and i liked the way they presented the Vangern family.

Off tow atch the 2 other films. :)

That's extremely funny.

And it sums up well what I think about the film as well. I haven't read the books but have watched the three swedish films before I went to that one and really, I don't see what it adds to the mix.

I mean sure the differences are there, even to someone who hasn't read the novels -by the way I don't know which one is more faithful to them and I couldn't care less- but I thought the swedish films already had the kind of atmosphere and photography a Fincher film would have.

The movie was great, and I could listen to Trent Reznor farting for the rest of my life and find it beautiful. But exiting the theater the only thing I had in mind was "what exactly was the point of doing this?".

The answer of course, is money. Shame.

I could accept people not understanding the point of simply remaking the first film. However, the two sequels are terrible quality and if Fincher gets to make those I expect a big jump in quality.

Fincher version pwns the Swedish version soooo much. Only Rapace as Lisbeth reaches the same level. Everything else is better. In my opinion.

Very funny. I think that's why I have never been that excited about this one. It was good and Mara was excellent. But i already had my raving about TGWTDT last year when I read the book and saw the Swedish one (and Rapace still deserved to be nominated :o ) and as quality as Fincher's was.....it was the same movie for the most part in English with better production values. Good movie, but I prefer the Swedish one in all honesty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"