The Goose Discussion Thread

Silvermoth

Krakoan native
Reaction score
image.jpg

You guys, enough talking about captain marvel. We need to talk about the real star. Who and how should Chewie appear in this movie? I mean disney owns marvel and Star Wars so there shouldn't be a rights issue.

ITT lots of cat pics basically

I'm guessing her cat is how Carol gets back to Earth in a timely fashion to help out the Avengers.

So I know next to nothing about Chewie other than he's... an alien cat? Is it possible he won't age? So we'll see the same Chewie/Goose in Captain Marvel and in future movies?

I'm a cat lover so this sort of thing matters to me.

I wanted to say that maybe at one point Carol and Nick get taken prisoners and, alongside them, the cat, haplessly. The Skrulls, not knowing what cats are, treat it with much more severity.

I wanted to say that maybe at one point Carol and Nick get taken prisoners and, alongside them, the cat, haplessly. The Skrulls, not knowing what cats are, treat it with much more severity.

That would be funny.

"We subdued the human and the Kree agent with ease Cmdr. but the other being proved more troublesome."

"In what way?"

"It had natural defensive and offensive capabilities that gave even our morphing powers a test. Each time we tried to physically grab the creature it slipped away as if it too had body shifting abilities. It's armed with concealed talons on all its appendages. Also it took up residence in a cardboard box for some time, which baffled us until it suddenly in an almost psychotic manner ran into the adjoining room... yet when we gave chase there was no reason for it to do so. Finally it jumped onto a mantle and began randomly knocking items placed there down onto the floor."

So I know next to nothing about Chewie other than he's... an alien cat? Is it possible he won't age? So we'll see the same Chewie/Goose in Captain Marvel and in future movies?

I hope so!

Don’t let it speak!

Same, I love cats. I think all the avengers need a cat. Imagine how much cooler strange would be with a cat

Same, I love cats. I think all the avengers need a cat. Imagine how much cooler strange would be with a cat
I think a little fluffy kitten would give Banner the calming effect he needs to reel in The Hulk. Works for me anyway...

Ha, well I suppose the avengers would find that counterproductive.

But I know what you mean. My father used to have the most insane rages and a hairtrigger temper. Put a cat near him though and he turns into a teddy bear

Ok so there’s no goose thread so I’m just making this the official captain marvel cat thread

Cute! Finally something for cat lovers in pro dog Hollywood! My prediction- Goose is the one who defeats Thanos
There goes my "That's a Skrull in disguise" joke out the window. I thought Chewie was homage to Chewbacca with a simple difference in design, not Ellen Ripley's cat.

When you find out that the cat really is an alien and your joke wasn't far off.

I really wonder how the audience is going to react once they find out what Goose really is. I'm sure there'll be some people who have serious "WTF!" reactions as well as some who'll think it's corny as all get out.

Last edited:
I think a little fluffy kitten would give Banner the calming effect he needs to reel in The Hulk. Works for me anyway...
Yeah until the little bastard grows up and shreds Banner's couch or claws him in the face

Banner needs a puppy, cats require more emotionally stable owners lol

I'm still wondering why they went with Goose instead of Chewie, can't be a rights issue... I get the whole Top Gun reference, but it seems like such a weird insignificant change

Yeah until the little bastard grows up and shreds Banner's couch or claws him in the face

Banner needs a puppy, cats require more emotionally stable owners lol

I'm still wondering why they went with Goose instead of Chewie, can't be a rights issue... I get the whole Top Gun reference, but it seems like such a weird insignificant change
Maybe there was some condition to Disney acquiring Star Wars that the characters names aren't allowed to be used in other Disney properties? A bit like Marvel can't use the term "mutant" in their movies. I might be clutching at straws here, but that's the only explanation I can come up with.

As a cat owner, Chewie is a better name for a cat than Goose (names ending in "ie" are great for calling your cat outside in the middle of the night when it's gone awol)

No question that the cat will be a scene-stealer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"