• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Great Chuck Daly has passed

SoulManX

The Inspector!
Reaction score
DETROIT (AP)—Chuck Daly, who coached the original Dream Team to the Olympic gold medal in 1992 after winning back-to-back NBA championships with the Detroit Pistons, has died. He was 78.
Daly died Saturday morning, the Pistons said. The team announced in March that the Hall of Fame coach had been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and was undergoing treatment.

He was renowned for his ability to create harmony out of diverse personalities at all levels of the game, whether they were Ivy Leaguers at Pennsylvania, Dream Teamers Michael Jordan and Charles Barkley, or Pistons as dissimilar as Dennis Rodman and Joe Dumars.
“It’s a players’ league. They allow you to coach them or they don’t,” Daly once said. “Once they stop allowing you to coach, you’re on your way out.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_y...vLYF?slug=ap-obit-chuckdaly&prov=ap&type=lgns

chuck.jpg

I close my eyes
Only for a moment and the moment's gone
All my dreams
Pass before my eyes a curiosity

Dust in the wind
All they are is dust in the wind

Same old song
Just a drop of water in an endless sea
All we do
Crumbles to the ground though we refuse to see

Dust in the wind
All we are is dust in the wind

Now don't hang on
Nothing lasts forever but the Earth and Sky
It slips away
And all your money won't another minute buy

Dust in the wind
Dust in the wind
Everything is dust in the wind
Everything is dust in the wind

Awful day for the NBA.

Of course, he also coached the greatest team of NBA All Stars (and one future mediocre NBA player who at the time was one of the top college players in the country) during the 1992 Summer Olympics.

I was sad to see this headline when I tuned in ESPN a little earlier. Certainly one of the greats in coaching.

Awful day for the NBA.

Of course, he also coached the greatest team of NBA All Stars (and one future mediocre NBA player who at the time was one of the top college players in the country) during the 1992 Summer Olympics.
*ding*

What is Christian Leatner for 1000?

Daly will be missed. Although he did live really long & fruitful life. He is also the only person that managed to stop Jordan...for a while anyway.

I guess god needed a coach. I am sure you will fit the bill. PEACE.

An excellent, dynamic coach, there aren't too many greats like him in the NBA, and his passing pretty much cements that. He will be greatly missed.

Dynamic wouldn't exactly be how I'd describe Chuck Daly, but I agree that he should be remembered as one of the top 15 greats.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"