The Gun Thread

I like that revolver a lot, but 600 sounds way high to me. Check on gunbroker.com to get an idea of range.

I like that revolver a lot, but 600 sounds way high to me. Check on gunbroker.com to get an idea of range.

I agree. My absolute max would be in 425-450 range, If it is as in as good condition as he claims. The guy is off of armslistt (a site which I'm weary about). He claims it was a safe queen, 4 inch, blue steel, heavy barrel. With the original paperwork and box since it was purchased in 1985. I've seen several photos and it looks nice but I would never make a deal until I've looked it over in person. 600 is outrageous though.

Oh also, forgot to mention that I finally got a Walther PPQ a little while back.

If you can imagine a Glock that has a trigger like a target/competition gun, points better and has more ergonomic curves/grip…that's the PPQ. Trigger is so clean that it's almost disturbingly light for a striker in a carry gun with no external safety. But really, as long as the same safety practices are followed as with any Glock then it's just as safe.

16jn5kw.jpg

Aware me on the gun in the left.

Thank ya! Seems good for a first timer.

Well….being a double-action it lends some safety against accidental discharge, as the first trigger pull is a long and heavy one. If you're not looking to carry concealed, then you may be better off with the full-sized for home defense (especially if you're going to mount a flashlight) or going to the range.

Finally snagged it. The only double action I wanted. I found the larger walnut target grips on Ebay to replace the skinny stock grips.

Very nice -- you can never go wrong with Ruger. What caliber?

Very nice -- you can never go wrong with Ruger. What caliber?

Thanks Ash,
It is a 357 magnum. I'm not really a fan of the gp100 but I always hear praises of Ruger's durability so I waited patiently to find a heavy barrel security six. The only double action I wanted and it will probably just stay locked up at home.

Anyone watching Frontline right now? It's very interesting. I watched about five minutes then became hooked.

So I'm doing some writing and some of it takes place on a plane so I looked up what type of gun the Air Marshals use (which may have gotten me put on some type of watch list :p) and found it was the Sig Sauer P229. I can't seem to find out a lot about why this type of gun over another would be the preference for them. I think I heard they have a lower chance of shooting through the hull of a plane but that may not have been true. Anyone know anything about them?

So I'm doing some writing and some of it takes place on a plane so I looked up what type of gun the Air Marshals use (which may have gotten me put on some type of watch list :p) and found it was the Sig Sauer P229. I can't seem to find out a lot about why this type of gun over another would be the preference for them. I think I heard they have a lower chance of shooting through the hull of a plane but that may not have been true. Anyone know anything about them?
It's just a damn good gun. Its also compact, meaning you can conceal it easily, which is important for Air Marshalls, plain-clothed police and the secret service - a lot of law enforcement agencies use it. Here's a good review:

http://concealednation.org/2015/01/firearm-review-sig-p229-a-serious-gun-for-troubled-times/

Anyone familiar with the Urban Carry conceal holster? I just got one and man, I'm digging it. Probably the most comfortable IWB holster Iv ever used. I can legit put this thing on in the morning and not take it off until I change for bed, it's just a super comfortable way to carry and it's got a great system for fast access. The leather is still a bit stiff, but It'll soften up within a day or 2, just need to kneed it a bit. If you carry, I HIGHLY consider checking it out.

It's not so much about which particular gun is used, but the ammo. There are different designs of bullets for different levels of penetration et al. Even some made out of compressed metallic powder designed not to over penetrate through some walls and such.

The Sig P229 is a popular choice for law enforcement and many licensed owners. But being an alunimum-framed pistol, it's part of an aging generation of pistol types. Polymer-framed pistols such as the Glock have become much more prevalent. It's basically a 'compact' version of the full sized P226, but by today's standards it is rather large/thick and heavy for its capacity. Excellent company and a great gun, though. I had an early one years back.

Last edited:
Anyone familiar with the Urban Carry conceal holster? I just got one and man, I'm digging it. Probably the most comfortable IWB holster Iv ever used. I can legit put this thing on in the morning and not take it off until I change for bed, it's just a super comfortable way to carry and it's got a great system for fast access. The leather is still a bit stiff, but It'll soften up within a day or 2, just need to kneed it a bit. If you carry, I HIGHLY consider checking it out.

Is that the flap/pouch that folds up under the waistband? If so, I could see it as a viable system for a subcompact…like a wall .380 or maybe an M&P Shield at the very largest. I could be in the market soon for a Springfield XDs, so I may look into one.

Bruh, f*** all the stupid guns in here so far. I'm getting this baby and will gladly open carry it and nobody can tell me I can't or I'll thermite their asses.

[YT]JEoqrjFX1yI[/YT]

Who's dumb enough to bring a gun to a thermite fight?!

There's a guy who recently packed three pounds of an explosive caller tannerite into an old lawnmower and shot it. The explosion send a large piece of twisted metal back at him so fast it severed his leg. And it's all on video. I won't post the link.

There's also a popular YouTube character/channel that goes by 'FPSRussia' who has come very close to cutting himself in half while shooting exploding targets as well.

There's a guy who recently packed three pounds of an explosive caller tannerite into an old lawnmower and shot it. The explosion send a large piece of twisted metal back at him so fast it severed his leg. And it's all on video. I won't post the link.

There's also a popular YouTube character/channel that goes by 'FPSRussia' who has come very close to cutting himself in half while shooting exploding targets as well.

Damn it KalMart, now you have me thinking about repercussions for my actions. That's some BS. I liked it better when I thought of it as GTA IRL and could just walk around thermiting anything that I didn't like.

Thinking of getting the Beretta PX4 Storm Carry Edition as my first gun. Thoughts?

Langdon-Tac.jpg

I admit to know nothing about that gun but if a Glock is cheaper, I'd go with the Glock. Is there a range in your area that might have one you can rent to try out?

I admit to know nothing about that gun but if a Glock is cheaper, I'd go with the Glock. Is there a range in your area that might have one you can rent to try out?

Yeah, the Glock is cheaper, but this is the PX4 Langdon Edition. It comes loaded with features, many of which the Glock doesn't have. Also, Glocks bore me. Besides, DA/SA Berettas is what I'm used to after serving in the military.

Where did all the gun people go? This board has been dead for two years.

Yeah, the Glock is cheaper, but this is the PX4 Langdon Edition. It comes loaded with features, many of which the Glock doesn't have. Also, Glocks bore me. Besides, DA/SA Berettas is what I'm used to after serving in the military.

If price isn't an issue, I'd say grab it. I haven't tried many different guns myself, and I actually like a revolver better. I carry a Ruger LCR in .38.

Where did all the gun people go? This board has been dead for two years.

I feel like most posters here have moved to Reddit. I'm not sure if the boards get a lot of new members either to replace those that have left.

I feel like most posters here have moved to Reddit. I'm not sure if the boards get a lot of new members either to replace those that have left.
Checking through those who have posted over the years and it seems as if 80% are no longer posting here. That's probably because there are so many other forums/sites where people feel more comfortable talking about guns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"