• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Halo 3 Discussion Thread!

I have a theory that you'll once again take control of the Arbiter after Johnson and Keyes make ends meet with each other. As Master Cheif fights the good fight on the homefront, the Arbiter and the humans, along with a bit of rebellious Covenant head towards Earth. The Covenant literally rips itself to shreds.

On the homefront Cheif fights through ruined cities and wasteland deserts to get to the Ark. As the humans "claim" the last city, they ready their offensive. A huge battle breaks out on the ground while rebel Covenant help earth's forces else where. The Prophet of Truth gets to the Ark and activates it. All Flood infested Halo's (those that had Flood freed) are wiped clean of the alien parasite. Gravemind also expires and takes Cortana with him. Any stray Covenant left in the galaxy is destroyed.

I dunno. I just can't wait to get this game!!

Master Chief said:
They're probably going to kill off the Chief. :o He just seems like the type of hero who's gonna end up sacrificing himself. Hahah. If it does happen and I don't cry I'm going to kick whoever wrote it in the testicles.

I was actually thinking that he would die also. If they don't kill master Chief, then they will probably kill Arby.

Why does everyone think that the Halo games are the greatest games ever created? I wouldn't ever go as far to say they are bad, but seriously...what do you see in Halo that hasn't been done before? I know people think it is a realy fun game to play online, but that doesn't justify crowning one of the greatest games ever. So if I go out and re-invent Pong, but make it massivly online playable...does that make it the best just because everyone is playing it? I just think that too many people buy into all the hype because its popular...I mean, I know people that don't play it because its fun to them...they just play it because its popular and all their friends play it. And many people have been saying that Gears of War is just a "Me Too" Halo title, but I say Halo is a "Me Too" title of literally every FPS thats been made throughout history. Yes I think that the master chief is a great video game icon, and I think that there are many things that Halo does well, but i just won't be one of the guys who stands up and says its the Best!! Honestly I could think of a dozen or so games off the top of my head that I'd rather play than a new halo entry. As many can tell, I'm not a huge fan of online gameing. I think there are certain genres like fighting, racing, sports, that are great to play online. But it seems that too many games like Halo use Multyplayer as a tool to attract many more casual fans just to play it. I remember when games had to stand on their own 2 feet and be enjoyed singleplayer without being dependent on having multiplayer as a gimmick. I just don't get that from Halo. I think that Microsoft has adopted this mentality that every game has to be enjoyed by multiple people simotaniously to be fun, and are sadly designing many games around that notion. I think it was really great how Halo 1&2 really united x-box fans, but it almost seems that much of Halo's success was more like a fad or trend, and that to me does not entitle greatness. Again I don't think Halo is a bad game...I just wouldn't rave about it. Anyway...I'm seriously not intending to offend everyone (even though I clearly will for some), but I want to know what everyone here likes so much about Halo. What is it that makes you anticipate each new entry? What features do you like about it? I know its slightly off subject, but I saw a Halo board and thought I state my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"