• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Hype Nutrition Thread

Did you have to increase your workload after you came off of the creatine?

I will answer as best i can, I was increasing my work load, and still am, while on it and then days im off of it i can lift that same amount just as usual. So i mean i didnt just get size with no actual strength to it, an argument that i think is ******ed anyway, so I have increased my work load exponentially and still continue to do bigger numbers on and off it. Hope that helps.

Haha, thanks guys

I wasn't sure about what it meant exactly either. Then one day I bit into some venison and turned to my friend and asked, "Is this gamey?" He took a bite and said, "Yep, that's gamey." I replied, "Now I get it." :o

I will answer as best i can, I was increasing my work load, and still am, while on it and then days im off of it i can lift that same amount just as usual. So i mean i didnt just get size with no actual strength to it, an argument that i think is ******ed anyway, so I have increased my work load exponentially and still continue to do bigger numbers on and off it. Hope that helps.

You should always be trying to increase your workload, whether it's more weight or more reps. ;)

jag

You should always be trying to increase your workload, whether it's more weight or more reps. ;)

jag

Thanks, yeah I always increase weight for mass.

Subway's bread has HFCS in it(I know, I was devastated when I found out). Crackers and applesauce are just the tip of the iceberg for your daily card needs. Are you purposefully trying to limit your carbs? If not, throw that tuna on 2 slices of whole wheat bread, eat your eggs with some oatmeal, eat your chicken and fish w/ some brown rice, etc.
omg! watch out!

100mg of HFCS will kill you!

stay away at all costs!

ppl need to get a f-ing grip on the BIG picture not some damn HFCS in subway bread

omg! watch out!

stay away at all costs!

ppl need to get a f-ing grip on the BIG picture not some damn HFCS in subway bread

Shut up, fatty! :up:

jag

omg! watch out!

stay away at all costs!

This might be the first bit of actual advice you've given here in months. Kudos :up:

Krill Oil Is The Next Big Item In The World Of Nutrition!

Krill oil to experience big growth, Aker says

By Alex McNally
04/02/2008- Aker BioMarine is set to launch a new krill oil for supplements next month and predicts the market for the oil - a source of omega-3 - will experience significant growth over the next few years.

The Norwegian firm says the oil not only contains omega-3 phospholipids but also astaxanthin, a potent antioxidant.

"For this reason the krill oil is believed to be more bioeffective and resistant to oxidation than other sources of omega-3," said nutrition and health vice president Jostein Dalland.

The firm believes that although the market for krill oil is in its infancy, it will experience a lot of growth over the next few years.

Dalland said "Omega-3 is a mega trend, and we believe the market for krill oil as a premium source of omega-3 will experience significant growth in the years to come."

Marketed as Superba Krill Oil, the ingredient will be 100 per cent made from the oil.

According to Frost and Sullivan, the European omega-3 market was worth around €160m (£108m) in 2004, and is expected to grow at rates of 8 per cent on average to 2010.

Tiny fish

Krill, which means 'whale food' in Norwegian, are small shrimp-like marine crustaceans eaten by fish, birds and, in particular, whales.

The ingredient will only be released as a finished dietary supplement product in Aker BioMarine's home market of Norway. Elsewhere, it will be sold for inclusion in established consumer dietary supplement brands.

Aker BioMarine has conducted clinical studies on the effects krill oil can have on cardiovascular disease, inflammation and joint problems, but has yet to release the results.

Krill are considered to have the largest biomass of any multi-cellular animal in the world - between 100 and 800 million tonnes. Despite this, the population has reduced in the past 30 years, resulting in some concern over its harvesting.

According to the Antarctic Krill Conservation Project, fish farming uses about 75 per cent of the world's fish oil and 40 per cent of its fish meal, and this could increase to 79 per cent and 48 per cent respectively by the end of this decade.

Aker BioMarine said it places sustainability high in its list of priorities. Dalland said: "We have stringent quality checks in place and liaise with the World Wildlife Fund."

Another quick nutrition fact that really bit me in the rear:

One of the most common causes for lack of tone, accelerated rates of tacking on fat, and other real bad stuff, is intake of too much sodium. So watch out for those microwaveable meals (not that you shouldn't have anyway), because most of them have a minimum of 300 grams of sodium per serving.

Sucks, doesn't it?

Interesting note about the krill oil, raybia. Thanks. :up:

And yeah, CS, start reading the labels of stuff at the grocery store. The sodium content on most processed foods is through the roof. Between that and all the HFCS they fill it with, the vast majority of processed food is absolute garbage.

jag

When I pinch my waist, I can't even stretch it a quarter inch, so I think I'm doing pretty good.

Interesting note about the krill oil, raybia. Thanks. :up:

And yeah, CS, start reading the labels of stuff at the grocery store. The sodium content on most processed foods is through the roof. Between that and all the HFCS they fill it with, the vast majority of processed food is absolute garbage.

jag

Yeah, ever since I found out about the sodium schtick, I've been paranoid about it. I have a pretty decent grasp on what to look for on nutrition labels. Not the best, but decent... But that's why I'm taking a college nutrition class.

Low sodium, FTW. :cmad:

Yeah, ever since I found out about the sodium schtick, I've been paranoid about it. I have a pretty decent grasp on what to look for on nutrition labels. Not the best, but decent... But that's why I'm taking a college nutrition class.

Low sodium, FTW. :cmad:

Read up on High Fructose Corn Syrup. It's in damn near everything and it is the devil. :down

jag

meh....you guys worry to much. I enjoy eating food, the hell with watching what i eat.(well unless it looks nasty and unhealthy)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"