Stand-Alone Movies The "I want a KOTOR/Old Republic era/Revan movie" thread

Reaction score
I don't know if there's a thread for this or not, but here's one anyway.Since I heard that they were making spin-off movies in the Star Wars universe, I, along with many others would love to see a Revan movie. My concept for Revan's story would probably be a trilogy which runs parallel to 7, 8 and 9. The first movie would focus on the very end of the Mandalorian Wars, starting on Malachor V and shows the start of the Jedi Civil War after meeting the Sith Emperor on Dromund Kaas. The next two movies would then focus on events the happen in KOTOR. Here's an idea for an opening crawl.

STAR WARS: DARTH REVAN, FALLEN KNIGHT

Four Thousand years before the Galactic Empire, the GALACTIC REPUBLIC verges towards victory in its long and bloody war with the MANDALORIAN CRUSADERS.

On the world of Malachor V, Jedi Leaders REVAN and MALAK race to activate the MASS SHADOW GENERATOR, a weapon designed to end the Mandalorian threat once and for all and restore freedom to the galaxy.

Little do they know, a new evil plots within the shadows...​

My own cast so far:

Christian Bale-Revan
Nathan Fillion-Carth Onasi
Keira Knightly-Bastilla Shan

I'd love a KOTOR and especially a Revan trilogy of films.

Bale as Revan is perfection. but no Keira Knightley. You need Jessica Chastain.

I'd love a KOTOR and especially a Revan trilogy of films.

Bale as Revan is perfection. but no Keira Knightley. You need Jessica Chastain.

So I had a look at Jessica Chastain. I'm not sure she would make a good Bastilla. Bastilla looks to me like "Princess Leia with Jedi training", she's young(about mid-20s by my estimate) and by the book, along with that there's a deep-dark hidden side to her which falls in love with the strong male lead i.e. Revan. She does not strike me as that.

Which movies have you seen her in?

Which movies have you seen her in?

not so much movies, but I just think

segment_12696_460x345.jpg

looks nothing like

bastila_shan_super.jpg

maybe as an older Bastilla, but I see Bastilla as younger not much older than Leia was in the movies.

Other choices for Bastilla include Emily Blunt, Rose Byrne as well as Josh Holloway for Carth

Oh and I would also have:

Emily Browning-Mission Vao
Avery Brooks-Jolee Bindo
Stephan Lang-Canderous Ordo

Well, to be frank, I was thinking of older Bastilla from the "Revan" graphic novel.

Gimme Blunt and Byrne over Keira any day.

I'm also going to put together a concept teaser trailer for a Revan movie

Christian Bale is one of the most pretentious and self absorbed actors living today, I don't want him near Star Wars. This is the guy who said he wouldn't come back for a Justice League film because he wouldn't get top billing. Theres a lot of better actors out there, he's just in some good mainstream films.

No, he didn't.

He said something along the lines of it a few years ago, maybe it was about robin and the extension was made to the justice league.

Besides Christian Bale and Christopher Nolan are hugely overrated, especially Nolan it's annoying how people think he's the second coming because he's king of deep unnecessary monologues, hans zimmer scores, shots that look blue and cold, and beards. There are so many other actors and directors out there besides the people that gave us one good franchise, it deeply bothers me the lengths people go to in order to put them on a pedestal and idolize them as cinematographic perfection.

Imo Jonathan Nolan should be much more attributed to the success of his brother.

Last edited:
Hey all, I finally made my own teaser trailer for a KOTOR movie. Watch it and tell me what do you think of it.

[YT]rKjbUO1p81k[/YT]

Last edited:
Star Wars
Knights of the old Republic

Episode 1
New Beginnings

Plot
Would follow the first game story somewhat closely. I would take out Juhani completely. I would condense the Star Maps to 3 (Dantoonie, Korriban and Lehon). I would also remove Jolee Bindo and restrict Canderous's role to Taris.

Cast
Revan - Kit Harington
Bastilla - Hayley Atwell
Carth - Karl Urban
Malak - Armie Hammer
Mission - Molly C Quinn
HK-47 - Kristoffer Tabori
Saul Karath - Rufus Sewell

Episode II
Broken Force

Plot
This would deviate from KOTOR II quite a bit. In this Episode, five years after the events on the Star Forge, Revan has disappeared. Meetra Surik an exile Jedi who once served with Revan goes on a quest to find the truth behind Malacor V and find the whereabouts of Reven after his disappearance. Treia's role would remain the same except she would turn Atris who would then Kill Treia and Become the New Darth Treya. Nihlus would remain but not Darth Sion (too many villains). To condense the Cast Mical and GOTO would be removed completely and Brianna restricted to Telos, Mandalore to Onderon and Mira to Nar Shadaa.

Cast
Meetra - Gemma Arterton
Rand - Sam Claflin
Atris - Jessica Chastain
Treia - Cate Blanchett
Bao Dur - Dane DeHaan
Visas Marr - Grace Park
Bastilla - Hayley Atwell
Carth - Karl Urban

Episode III
Empire in Shadows

Plot
After 3 years, Surik along with HK-47 and T4 catches up with Revan who has been captured by Darth Scourge. Surik able to Convince Scourge to release Revan and betray the Emperor start a Journey thru the Unknown regions combating various Dark Council Members to bring down the Empire. They also gain the helped of Kira Carson a young force sensitive sought out by the emperor to be his new "Voice". During the Final battle Scourge betrays Revan when he kills Surik only to see his choice is the wrong side as Revan Defeats the Emperor but had suffered Fatal wounds. Scourge tries to flee but is Killed by Carson. The film ends with T4 returning to Bastilla who has a child and tells her Revan's fate, that he prevented an invasion and died a true hero.

Cast
Revan - Kit Harington
Meetra - Gemma Arterton
Emperor Vitiate - Micheal Shannon
Kira Carson - Saoirse Ronan
Darth Scourge - Jeffrey Dean Morgan
Bastilla - Hayley Atwell
Carth - Karl Urban

Last edited:
Star Wars

Knights of the old Republic
Episode 1
New Beginnings

Plot
Would follow the first game story somewhat closely. I would take out Juhani completely. I would condense the Star Maps to 3 (Dantoonie, Korriban and Lehon). I would also remove Jolee Bindo and restrict Canderous's role to Taris.

Cast
Revan - Kit Harington
Bastilla - Hayley Atwell
Carth - Karl Urban
Malak - Armie Hammer
Mission - Molly C Quinn
Saul Karath - Rufus Sewell

Episode II
Broken Force

Plot
This would deviate from KOTOR II quite a bit. In this Episode, five years after the events on the Star Forge, Revan has disappeared. Meetra Surik an exile Jedi who once served with Revan goes on a quest to find the truth behind Malacor V and find the whereabouts of Reven after his disappearance. Treia's role would remain the same except she would turn Atris who would then Kill Treia and Become the New Darth Treya. Nihlus would remain but not Darth Sion (too many villains). To condense the Cast Mical and GOTO would be removed completely and Brianna restricted to Telos, Mandalore to Onderon and Mira to Nar Shadaa.

Cast
Meetra - Gemma Arterton
Rand - Sam Claflin
Atris - Jessica Chastain
Treia - Cate Blanchett
Bao Dur - Dane DeHaan
Visas Marr - Grace Park
Bastilla - Hayley Atwell
Carth - Karl Urban

Episode III
Empire in Shadows

Plot
After 3 years, Surik along with HK-47 and T4 catches up with Revan who has been captured by Darth Scourge. Surik able to Convince Scourge to release Revan and betray the Emperor start a Journey thru the Unknown regions combating various Dark Council Members to bring down the Empire. They also gain the helped of Kira Carson a young force sensitive sought out by the emperor to be his new "Voice". During the Final battle Scourge betrays Revan when he kills Surik only to see his choice is the wrong side as Revan Defeats the Emperor but had suffered Fatal wounds. Scourge tries to flee but is Killed by Carson. The film ends with T4 returning to Bastilla who has a child and tells her Revan's fate, that he prevented an invasion and died a true hero.

Cast
Revan - Kit Harington
Meetra - Gemma Arterton
Emperor Vitiate - Micheal Shannon
Kira Carson - Saoirse Ronan
Darth Scourge - Jeffrey Dean Morgan
Bastilla - Hayley Atwell
Carth - Karl Urban

Holy crap that's some awesome fan-casting!!!

Not so sure about having Kira though.

James Franco would put the most passion in to Revan.

Tom Hardy would be the scariest Darth Sion.

Would love a KOTOR movie.

But please no actor of the moment casting if they were to do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"