• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Iliad

Jager X

Sidekick
Reaction score
I am a HUGE fan of Greek mythology, especially the tale of the Trojan War. I have big dreams of creating an adaptation of the trojan war.

The story would be about Achilles and his legendary life. Although the story would focus on Achilles,the events will take place through the eyes of other characters that are essential to the story - for example, the series starts off from Paris's point of view and expand to other characters after his part is complete. Oh yeah, there will be gods, lots and lots of divine action:woot: .
Everything that leads up to the last year of the war would have to be adapted but once the story enters into the rage of Achilles the Iliad would be 100% faithfully translated.

So, what do you guys think? Are you all ready for a much better retelling of the trojan war?

I am a HUGE fan of Greek mythology, especially the tale of the Trojan War. I have big dreams of creating an adaptation of the trojan war.

The story would be about Achilles and his legendary life. Although the story would focus on Achilles,the events will take place through the eyes of other characters that are essential to the story - for example, the series starts off from Paris's point of view and expand to other characters after his part is complete. Oh yeah, there will be gods, lots and lots of divine action:woot: .
Everything that leads up to the last year of the war would have to be adapted but once the story enters into the rage of Achilles the Iliad would be 100% faithfully translated.

So, what do you guys think? Are you all ready for a much better retelling of the trojan war?

Could be cool. :up: Just as long as it's done right and not in a campy/cheesy way, you know? But I definitely say go for it. :up:

Could be cool. :up: Just as long as it's done right and not in a campy/cheesy way, you know? But I definitely say go for it. :up:

Trust me. We're talking about hard HBO content here. There'll probably be a sex scene or two.

I just got to get more information on certain events.For example, what was the political reason for Paris going to Sparta or what are the specific feats of achilles and his myrmidons before landing at the doorsteps of Troy? But all in all, when I become "better" at writing out a scene that doesn't involve action then I'll be ready to go.

Yes and that is what Troy was missing, the gods and the Magic and the powers.....Why they would try to Realify that stuff in Troy was beyond me.

Yes and that is what Troy was missing, the gods and the Magic and the powers.....Why they would try to Realify that stuff in Troy was beyond me.

I know. It makes it far less interesting. Look at King Arthur.

I would always support a more faithful adaption of the Illiad. It must have gods, amazons, slaughter and rape!

I want a goddam EPIC Oddessy movie. Long, every stop covered in detail, big-ass budget, special affects through the roof. The complete story. It'd probably be the best move ever.

I believe Iliad translates to Wrath of Achilles if my memory from 1st semester with Western Civ at college is in tact.

A title for thee

Trojan War: Wrath of Achilles

I'd prefer an Oddessy movie. It'd be easier to do. Fewer characters, a stronger central plot (Achilles' rage as the center of a war epic in The Illiad was great but I don't think it'd work as a movie) and the fantastic elements LEND themselves to the story much easier. Though the gods in The Illiad are the true version of the story (well besides whatever merits there may have been for real events) it als was easier to tell the fighting as a more human conflict. **** like the Cyclops would work easier.

And lastly the Trojan War is too big. It would need a beginning middle and end. To do that there would need to be a movie that begins the war one about the middle and one about the end. A simple three hour movie would have way too much time to convey the entire war if its central focus is Achilles' rage as The Illiad covers only a few months in the last year. Not to mention the stuff that happened afterwards like him killing himself or Agamemnon being killed by his wife, Clymenestra.

In short, it is too big and long to fit into a single movie. And since I doubt any studio would want to LOTR-ize it into a huge R-rated bloodbath over 3 years of releases....Oddessy is easier. Honestly, I'm surprised Troy turned out well as it did (and I think that is more an attribute to Eric Bana, Peter O'Toole and the fight choreographer than Brad Pitt or Wolfgang Petersen).

I say go the Oddessy. I'd even support Sean Bean as Odysseus too though.

Bring back Eric Bana as Hector (even though he's dead) and Sean Bean as Odysseus

I'd prefer an Oddessy movie. It'd be easier to do. Fewer characters, a stronger central plot (Achilles' rage as the center of a war epic in The Illiad was great but I don't think it'd work as a movie) and the fantastic elements LEND themselves to the story much easier. Though the gods in The Illiad are the true version of the story (well besides whatever merits there may have been for real events) it als was easier to tell the fighting as a more human conflict. **** like the Cyclops would work easier.

And lastly the Trojan War is too big. It would need a beginning middle and end. To do that there would need to be a movie that begins the war one about the middle and one about the end. A simple three hour movie would have way too much time to convey the entire war if its central focus is Achilles' rage as The Illiad covers only a few months in the last year. Not to mention the stuff that happened afterwards like him killing himself or Agamemnon being killed by his wife, Clymenestra.

In short, it is too big and long to fit into a single movie. And since I doubt any studio would want to LOTR-ize it into a huge R-rated bloodbath over 3 years of releases....Oddessy is easier. Honestly, I'm surprised Troy turned out well as it did (and I think that is more an attribute to Eric Bana, Peter O'Toole and the fight choreographer than Brad Pitt or Wolfgang Petersen).

I say go the Oddessy. I'd even support Sean Bean as Odysseus too though.

I agree with everything you said but my story would be one big ass tv series. As for the Oddessy, if I don't get ridiculed to suicide with my telling of the Iliad then the Oddessy would definately be my next task.

Also, my vision is to do the whole thing in animation. I was thinking cgi but I would probably go bankrupt after the debut so 2d animation is more plausible.

Oh no no no no. Both need to be live action, just with great special effects.

i think animation will ultimately be better. plus, im an artist so animation is how i see it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"