The "I'm Going to Miss Smallville" / Remembering the Old Days Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frontier

Arkham Asylum Inmate
Reaction score
I'm feeling really nostalgic, and even a bit sad, as we get close to the final run of episodes of "Smallville" in two weeks time. So I looked through my music files archives, and found Remy Zero's "Save Me" in there, and started to play it, and it just brought back some memories. And I wanted to share mine, and ask everyone else about there's, and start a thread just for such. Here's hoping it doesn't get locked because someone else had the same idea six hours/days/weeks ago...

Some questions below for everybody...

• What is your first memory of Smallville?
  • Did you ever think it would last this long?
  • How has your life changed since the show began?
  • Who is your favorite regular character that left the show?

My own answers:

What is your first memory of Smallville?
I remember hearing about it before it premiered, but I wasn't really "aware" of it. My first real memory is flipping channels on a Saturday evening, 5 or 6 PM, and I happen upon a meteor or a missle or something hitting a water tower. I kept watching. It was the pilot episode, being re-aired that weekend.

Did you ever think it would last this long?
Hell no. Next to no shows last 10 years, and I remember hearing or reading that the intention of the show was to go the 4 years of high school. I remember being surprised when it got reknewed for season 5, and again for 6. By 7, I had realized that original intent was dead, lol.

How has your life changed since the show began?
I was in High School when the show started. So it's changed a lot. In a few ways it's the same, but I can count them on one hand. Moved out on my own, got a pet for the first time in my life, have a nephew now. Lots of changes, obviously.

Who is your favorite regular character that left the show?
Jonathan Kent. The character always seemed to get the shaft in the Superman story, even if he was critical to Clark being a good man. It was cool to see someone play him for more than a little bit, to deal with some of the issues and such you'd imagine him having to deal with as future Superman's father.

Ya this thread is pretty much what memories thread is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"