• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The INDIANA JONES Appreciation Thread

John Williams looks forward to scoring new ‘Star Wars,’ ‘Indiana Jones’

LOS ANGELES—At 81 years old, legendary composer John Williams is busier than ever, as he scores JJ Abrams’ “Star Wars: Episode VII” and is raring to work on Steven Spielberg’s “Indiana Jones 5.” John quipped that he expects to be working until he’s 100 and beyond. The Oscar and Golden Globe awardee’s credit list is staggering as it stands: all six “Star Wars” films, the first three “Harry Potter” films, the “Indiana Jones” films, “E.T., The Extra-Terrestrial,” “Jaws,” “Close Encounters of the Third Kind” and “Schindler’s List,” just to mention a few.
The man, whose career spans six decades, is responsible for some of the most memorable movie-music passages. Most of that hummable cinematic music is from his 40-year collaboration with Steven.
“I met Steven when he was very young, over 40 years ago, when he asked me to do the music for his first feature film, ‘Sugarland Express,’” said John in a recent interview.
“I’m quite a bit older than he,” John said of Steven, his frequent artistic partner. “It’s been, for whatever reason, always a wonderful relationship. Since he is younger than I am, I will try to keep up with him, do the music for ‘Indiana Jones 5.’ I will try to keep up with the other gentlemen, including JJ Abrams, who’s doing ‘Star Wars VII,’ and we will see how long my eyesight will hold out. —That’s the present state of things.”
“I have a little theory about Steven Spielberg, whose father, Arnold, is a most wonderful man,” said the Boston Pops’ Laureate Conductor. “Arnold is well into his 90s. He was always working. I think every man and woman thinks, if your father was working at 90, that’s also what you will do. So, I think Steven expects to be directing 25 years from now—and he fully expects me to be with him. I will be over 100 years old then, so I will do my best.”

http://entertainment.inquirer.net/121095/john-williams-looks-forward-to-scoring-new-star-wars-indiana-jones

So...we're getting an Indy 5?

wow, did not know Williams was doing Episode VII I would have thought it would been JJ's usual guy using William's themes and doing his own new music.

^ yeah. Williams involvement and the release dates are about the only things we know for sure about episode 7 at this point lol. I was among the ones who thought JJ would use Giacchino, but was pleasantly surprised they went with John.

I'm all for it, and i'm very glad to hear Williams is also willing :woot:

All of those positive ratings and yet it's still got so much hate.

That's because it created unattainable hype. The 4th installment to a classic beloved franchise nearly 20 years later? It couldn't live up to any fans expectations.

What do you guys think the reception would have been if this was a stand-alone movie?

uKhyBkA.jpg

This isn't getting enough respect in the Lounge...

BcKHr-vCIAAD4Dv.jpg

Crystal Skull was on TV the other day. The movie actually really grew on me. I thought it was a fun good movie before, but I really love it now.

What do you guys think the reception would have been if this was a stand-alone movie?

Not that great. It cruised too much on people's nostalgia IMO, without trying hard enough to become something worthwhile of its own.

Crystal Skull was on TV the other day. The movie actually really grew on me. I thought it was a fun good movie before, but I really love it now.

It's such a good movie. All it needs is to get rid of Shia Lebouf.

It's fake, but still hilarious!

Harrison Ford Watches Indy For The First Time

[YT]4aDFeFwxymA[/YT]

I would love to do something like that but our theater sucks. I need to move out of the sticks.

Shia f****d his oun career and possible future in Indiana Jones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"