The Israel-Palestine Politics Thread II

One of the most overrated men in the USA.

Sorry pet peeve: I don't like Nate Silver. He does extremely basic statistics, first and second year undergraduate level statistics, and for that he's worshipped as some great guru. He's actually quite superficial and provides little added value beyond telling sobe people what they want to hear with a veneer of scientism.

I'll grant him that he's a genius at marketing.

And his tweet above shows incredible arrogance, but he's actually accusing others of what he himself does.

Last edited:
So last week there were pro Palestine protests at Ohio State University, nothing out of the norm, State Troopers showed and up and arrested several protestors, again nothing new, they had every right to be there, yet what did our upper Maga senator JD Vance have to say, basically the police had every right to arrest them as no one has the right to turn a university into a garbage pile, really? that was his response, this tool is doing everything to be Trumps VP pick but that response was utterly stupid.

I read these polls saying that 81% disapprove of Bidens handling of the isreal/hamas war, what exactly is he supposed to do? I am not thrilled they sent that military aid to isreal but that was as much republicans as democrats who supported that, Biden administration is walking a tight rope, trying to denounce the attacks and free hostages but Isreal really isnt listening to anyone so saying Biden is doing a poor job handling an issue he has little say over, idk, i dont see any one with rational solutions to offer up

I read these polls saying that 81% disapprove of Bidens handling of the isreal/hamas war, what exactly is he supposed to do? I am not thrilled they sent that military aid to isreal but that was as much republicans as democrats who supported that, Biden administration is walking a tight rope, trying to denounce the attacks and free hostages but Isreal really isnt listening to anyone so saying Biden is doing a poor job handling an issue he has little say over, idk, i dont see any one with rational solutions to offer up
Exactly. He's trying to uphold an alliance in good faith while the ally is behaving badly. It's a tight rope to walk. Trump would just cut off the aid to Gaza and egg Netanyahu on to finish the job.

I agree, sadly we might not like it but Biden good or bad has to be diplomatic and try to influance as best he can, we as americans conveniently forget that we are not the only people on earth and not everyone listens to us, I wish we did more to help Gaza but what does that help look like?

I agree, sadly we might not like it but Biden good or bad has to be diplomatic and try to influance as best he can, we as americans conveniently forget that we are not the only people on earth and not everyone listens to us, I wish we did more to help Gaza but what does that help look like?
It would be nice if we could set up food, water, and meds drops without them being bombed. :(

I did see the US is building a pier to get aid in, at a cost of $300 Million so the US is trying to get aid to palestine but it shouldnt be that the United States has to build a port essentailly to get aid in

I did see the US is building a pier to get aid in, at a cost of $300 Million so the US is trying to get aid to palestine but it shouldnt be that the United States has to build a port essentailly to get aid in
Hopefully it doesn't get bombed.:(

To be blunt the ICC really carries no weight behind it, if a country wants to do something and the ICC says no, they will do it anyway, there isnt much the ICC can do without the a major country backing it, so in this case Isreal knows what it is doing goes against the will of the world and does it anyway.

There was a poll by the odious Mark Penn that made respondents choose only between Israel (80%) or Hamas (20%). Of course this is somewhat of a misleading comparison between a killer nation-state and a killer terrorist organization so that skews the margin between the two a bit and leaves the people bearing the true brunt of the invasion out of the discussion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"