Justice League The Justice League General & Speculation Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 50

Jumpman said this on twitter, and I really really agree, so I'll quote it here :

More
So, everyone’s okay with WB continuing to release fake news to its fans? All in service to see what they’ve got coming up next. “It’s about the future. The next &. Let’s not talk about how they took an artist’s film, reshaped it, then lied to them to make sure they’re #AllIn

I'm excited for the future films. And I'll keep supporting the artists who make them. But I'll never forgive or forget about WB so shamelessly misleading and lying to its fans who supported them, and then proceeding to mock them. Disgraceful.

If you guys move to Aquaman section, just remember that Aquarium is sacred :sly:

I mean lying aside, a Studio taking someones work and changing it, isn't new and it's not going to stop.

Jumpman said this on twitter, and I really really agree, so I'll quote it here :

I'm excited for the future films. And I'll keep supporting the artists who make them. But I'll never forgive or forget about WB so shamelessly misleading and lying to its fans who supported them, and then proceeding to mock them. Disgraceful.

What I always wonder is how’s much money would they have saved if they’d just let Snyder finish his cut.

The thing is there were times for them to “part ways” with Snyder when it would have made way more sense like after they were disappointed in the MOS box office or after they were disappointed with the BvS reception, not when he’s essentially done a first ‘draft’ of a movie. They really would have been better off just letting him finish it and moving on thereafter.

If you guys move to Aquaman section, just remember that Aquarium is sacred :sly:

:funny:

Sorry to those who still had hoped for this thing to release. Honestly, I thought we were all past the notion of them ever releasing such a thing and only reminiscing of what could of been when it came to reflecting. It's been months stacked on top of months where I knew the Snyder Cut wasn't going to be released. I had my moments but want nothing more than to desperately move on.

Honestly, I just come here to really talk everything DC as the JL boards is just muscle memory now and I'm comfortable in here with the people I've had the honor to post with for years..even the posters who are tough around the edges. I don't see the need to migrate but if there's a spot everyone is going, post a link or something.

What I always wonder is how’s much money would they have saved if they’d just let Snyder finish his cut.

The thing is there were times for them to “part ways” with Snyder when it would have made way more sense like after they were disappointed in the MOS box office or after they were disappointed with the BvS reception, not when he’s essentially done a first ‘draft’ of a movie. They really would have been better off just letting him finish it and moving on thereafter.

:funny:

They probably would’ve saved a ton of money just for the fact that they wouldn’t have had to the enormous amounts of reshoots.

The thing is there were times for them to “part ways” with Snyder when it would have made way more sense like after they were disappointed in the MOS box office or after they were disappointed with the BvS reception, not when he’s essentially done a first ‘draft’ of a movie. They really would have been better off just letting him finish it and moving on thereafter.:funny:
Whatever the reshoots cost. The movie wouldn't have made more more, probably wouldn't have made much less. So they cost themselves money for something they seem to be disregarding. I think the idea was the mold it into something they could use as a jumping off point. Not great, but something that set the characters up for their futures. Now that doesn't even seem to be in play.

If you think of it like this, Justice League can be the rock bottom point of the DC movie universe. You cant get worse than what happened there...so its only up.

WE have two fun and different films coming out in Aquaman and Shazam.

We have a high anticipated sequel to a huge success in WW '84.

We dont have Zack Snyder making decisions anymore for big characters.

There are a tons of things to get excited over other than the dier hope for some cut of a film that doesnt exist, cause you cant accept something you thought was going to be huge turned into a bust.

If you think of it like this, Justice League can be the rock bottom point of the DC movie universe. You cant get worse than what happened there...so its only up.

WE have two fun and different films coming out in Aquaman and Shazam.

We have a high anticipated sequel to a huge success in WW '84.

We dont have Zack Snyder making decisions anymore for big characters.

There are a tons of things to get excited over other than the dier hope for some cut of a film that doesnt exist, cause you cant accept something you thought was going to be huge turned into a bust.

Cue Aquaman flopping and all hell breaks loose.

They probably would’ve saved a ton of money just for the fact that they wouldn’t have had to the enormous amounts of reshoots.

Yeah exactly, not sure the box office would be any better but even if it was the same the film would have been better off staying as it was.

Whatever the reshoots cost. The movie wouldn't have made more more, probably wouldn't have made much less. So they cost themselves money for something they seem to be disregarding. I think the idea was the mold it into something they could use as a jumping off point. Not great, but something that set the characters up for their futures. Now that doesn't even seem to be in play.

The strange thing though is by the end of JL the characters are where they would have been in Snyder’s Cut anyway. That end of the film is how Snyder’s would have ended so the characters were likely already gonna be where they wanted them. I guess the journey in the film was different though. I personally think when they saw Snyder’s first cut that they panicked.

Yeah exactly, not sure the box office would be any better but even if it was the same the film would have been better off staying as it was.

The strange thing though is by the end of JL the characters are where they would have been in Snyder’s Cut anyway. That end of the film is how Snyder’s would have ended so the characters were likely already gonna be where they wanted them. I guess the journey in the film was different though. I personally think when they saw Snyder’s first cut that they panicked.

Those were the whole "unwatchable" news we got.

Read the article

As predicted, he's an opportunist

Feel bad for the people who spent hours preparing for his interviews, and fans who had so much hope.

It's pretty condescending and disrespectable, and I'm not even a hardcore SC supporter.

Hope people take this lesson and learn and grow, you meet these type of people in society all the time

I mean lying aside, a Studio taking someones work and changing it, isn't new and it's not going to stop.

No, but they did market one movie and give another. Even after JL came out, when marketing the digital version, they continued to use Snyder's footage. That's manipulative. WB has been manipulative during this process, even going so far as to say that it would retain Snyder's intentions and little would be changed as well as saying they still want the movie to be taken seriously and that it won't be about jokes.

Deception has been involved. This is not what it seems you are talking about which is a story changing in the telling. People don't like being deceived.

How would it have made less?

Those were the whole "unwatchable" news we got.

Not really news. I believe just one site reporting an unnamed source, which then became news and treated as fact.

Read the article

As predicted, he's an opportunist

Feel bad for the people who spent hours preparing for his interviews, and fans who had so much hope.

It's pretty condescending and disrespectable, and I'm not even a hardcore SC supporter.

Hope people take this lesson and learn and grow, you meet these type of people in society all the time

Interesting thing is, I saw the writer's tweet about it just being a "light-hearted piece." You know who acts that way when they are called out for mocking or beating up on other people? Bullies.

Before anybody gets upset over that word (and I know who you are), I am not claiming he is actually a bully. But he did write a piece with the intention of make a certain group look bad while under the guise and respectable cover of the WSJ. In other words, simplifying it, he mocked others. When people who do that are caught, what do they often say? "Oh, I was just having some fun" or "Don't take this so seriously" or "I'm just playin' with ya'." In other words, when caught, spin the truth so as not to have to take accountability. Win-win approach.

Not really news. I believe just one site reporting an unnamed source, which then became news and treated as fact.

I spoke about this earlier too.. had they released Snyders version they would have saved the money from reshoots, the $5 spent on the CGI app to remove the tashe.

They wouldn't have had the whole mockery of CGI face, they wouldn't have reviewers draw up comparisons with Whedon.

The hard core fan boys wouldn't have picked apart the shocking reshoot quality

But.... we wouldn't have had 'lighter' superman and softer tone for the movie and perhaps the positive reaction. But, i would have been able to forfeit that. At least that arc would have closed.

Moving on from that, would people be as optimistic as they are now? Maybe, maybe not, but i bet new trailers and buzz from Aquaman, Shazam, WW1984 and a decent cameo or two would have helped a long way.

The people that liked JL was because of how Superman was portrayed and the team camaraderie. Snyder’s JL sounds like more of the same from bvs. People rejected that. But some people think it wouldn’t have made less?

The people that liked JL was because of how Superman was portrayed and the team camaraderie. Snyder’s JL sounds like more of the same from bvs. People rejected that. But some people think it wouldn’t have made less?

People liked the humor and liked the joy. I think his cut would make less money. Its a mess but GA found it forgettable which is better than hated

I mean...this is a tired argument but from the footage we've seen that Zack shot i dont see his JL being anything like BvS. It already looked like he was doing a tonal 180. It seemed like Zack and Terrio were already placing an emphasis on humor and banter. But obviously, Whedon's more of a seasoned veteran on that thus why it probably seemed like a good idea to bring him on to push the humor and banter further.

Last edited:
I mean...this is a tired argument but from the footage we've seen that Zack shot i dont see his JL being anything like BvS. It already looked like he was doing a tonal 180.

Well it wasnt enough for WB and Maybe it wouldnt be enough for GA

Possibly worse. Though I would have expected around the same, unless it completely bombed with the critics again. That is the sad thing. While I find JL even more unwatchable then BvS, it went over better, even while being ignored mostly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"