• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Mask Deserves More Respect

Not really underrated, was entertaining, but it's film you will find more funny if you're a kid.

Watch it again, it's a lot deeper than you think. The whole idea about the mask bringing out repressed desires, and how people wear 'metaphorical' masks to hide them, kind of inverts the normal idea of superheroes that wear masks.

Watch it again, it's a lot deeper than you think. The whole idea about the mask bringing out repressed desires, and how people wear 'metaphorical' masks to hide them, kind of inverts the normal idea of superheroes that wear masks.

Watched it for the first time last year, there are themes sure, but the film's not all that deep or complex. I also don't see how it's underrated, this film seems to already has a generally big cult following.

Watched it for the first time last year, there are themes sure, but the film's not all that deep or complex. I also don't see how it's underrated, this film seems to already has a generally big cult following.

It's hard for me to explain, but this review goes into it pretty in-depth: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKKZdtBKxWs

Unfortunately, most people can't look past all the gags and special effects.

It's hard for me to explain, but this review goes into it pretty in-depth: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKKZdtBKxWs

Unfortunately, most people can't look past all the gags and special effects.

Dude, plenty of films have layers and deal with various things, doesn't autmatically make them better than they actually are, just makes them more 3 Dimensional, which is a good thing.

By the way, in the end of the filmw as Dorian killed? I didn't see him being taken by the police, if so, then it makes the main character a little scarier, he probably deserved that, and had tried to do the same to the protagonists, but when the other characters are completelly powerless against him, it makes his killing a bit unnecessary.

By the way, in the end of the filmw as Dorian killed? I didn't see him being taken by the police, if so, then it makes the main character a little scarier, he probably deserved that, and had tried to do the same to the protagonists, but when the other characters are completelly powerless against him, it makes his killing a bit unnecessary.

Not only that, he was going to rape Tina, he robbed a bank, messed up a lot of people.. the Mask is no superhero, the only heroic thing he did was get rid of a bomb.

He was going to rape Tina? When? Yeah he robbed a bank and had fun scaring many criminals, but most of those actions were pretty much large scale pranks, illegal pranks, but still pranks.

He was going to rape Tina? When? Yeah he robbed a bank and had fun scaring many criminals, but most of those actions were pretty much large scale pranks, illegal pranks, but still pranks.

That's what "divide and conquer" means, and it wasn't consensual because she kneed him in the groin.

The second one is garbage IMO

Sorry Count Orlock!

One of my favourites. If I were to be a superhero, I'd probably be The Mask. :D

My top 10:

1) Superman The Movie (9.7)

2) Blade (9.5)

3) Batman 89 (9.5)

4) V for Vendetta (9.2)

5) The Avengers (9.2)

6) The Mask (8.7)

7) The Dark Knight (8.6)

8) Sin City (8.6)

9) Constantine (8.6)

10) Dredd (8.5)

Had a friend who liked Son of the Mask more than The Mask.

Notice I said had a friend. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"