The Comic book movie Respect and Support Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one asked for sandman to be linked to uncle ben's death or Venom to be butchered or the symbiote to shoe horned into the plot though so I don't get why you think we asked for that stuff.

I certainly didn't want to hear Kirsten dunst singing and see her dance to the twist.

And we fanboys and fangirls are obviously not what they were thinking about most.

They were thinking about $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

No one asked for Sandman... Period

I support and respect good comic book movies.While I don't believe Spider-man 3 was the worst comic book movie of all time but it certainly not near the quality of other of adaptations.After the movie I couldn't believe these were the same guys behind Spider-man 1 and 2.Here is a list of Comic movies I support and respect.

Spider-man 1
Spider-man 2
Batman '89
Batman Begins
X-men
X-men 2:X-men United
V for Vendetta
Teenage mutant Ninja Turtles '90 and '07
Blade 2

and here is a list of movies that were ok and watchable but not what they could of been and could been better in quality
Daredevil{I have yet to see the director's cut.It might change my mind}
Ghost rider{again the director's cut might change my mind}
X-men 3:The last stand
Superman returns
The Punisher
Spider-man 3
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2:secret of the ooze

And these are those movies that are unwatchable
Hulk
Fantastic Four
Batman Forever
Batman and Robin
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3
Blade:Trinity
Elektra

The sm films are too cheesy and cartoony, especially this one. I wish they took themselves more seriously.

Because it's funny... somehow BB and SM2 suck big time- according to you- while something that looked and felt like a cheesy Saturday morning CARTOON is amazing.

GR was decent at best...

And hey, you're trolling here- see every forum aprox.- so, hey... people deserve to know your bizarro way of thinking.

"Spider-Man is nothing like the comics, deserves much better."

And then in another thread: "I hate the story of Peter Parker, I only read ONE Spider-Man comic."

You're just hilarious too me, dude. Take that how you will.:cwink: :woot:

Yes, some hardcore fans can be borderline irrational. I'm pretty hardcore myself but I'm able to differentiate between the regular Marvel Universe and the Movie Universe. Change doesn't bother me as long as they stay true to the essence of the characters and the concept. Some fans may be pissed that Venom wasn't fleshed out more but any fan has to admit that what they did get was true Venom. To me, as an adaptation, SM3 works well. As a movie, it works phenomenally well. Whereas, X-Men as an adaptation strays but as a movie also works well.

The fact that a lot of fanboys are starting to miss .... the more they whine about good movies, the more they risk that Hollywood studios are going to tune them out completely. When studios see X3 and SM3's numbers and then they see fanboy flaming, they'll simply judge them as irrelevant. This makes Marvel's job of keeping their studio properties as true as they can very difficult. Fanboys need to think about their irrational rants and make them count. Howling at the moon because your personal expectations weren't meant may make you feel better but it accomplishes nothing but negative results.

Thanks for the support bro.... keep them coming!!!!!!

I support and respect good comic book movies.While I don't believe Spider-man 3 was the worst comic book movie of all time but it certainly not near the quality of other of adaptations.After the movie I couldn't believe these were the same guys behind Spider-man 1 and 2.Here is a list of Comic movies I support and respect.

Spider-man 1
Spider-man 2
Batman '89
Batman Begins
X-men
X-men 2:X-men United
V for Vendetta
Teenage mutant Ninja Turtles '90 and '07
Blade 2

and here is a list of movies that were ok and watchable but not what they could of been and could been better in quality
Daredevil{I have yet to see the director's cut.It might change my mind}
Ghost rider{again the director's cut might change my mind}
X-men 3:The last stand
Superman returns
The Punisher
Spider-man 3
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2:secret of the ooze

And these are those movies that are unwatchable
Hulk
Fantastic Four
Batman Forever
Batman and Robin
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3
Blade:Trinity
Elektra

The Extended edition of DD is good. Why X3 in that row? It could have more character development but it was a nice movie.... I actually like X3 more than X2.

Shouldn't this thread be merged with the "I loved Spider-man 3" thread?

It is not the same.... Here we are defending the movies we are getting... including S3.

'oh it should have been darker' 'wasn't dark enough' 'didn't take itself seriously'

I started buying spider-man when I was 8 because it was FUNNY.
The humour, the wise cracks are what makes spidey spidey.
The only spidey stories I have enjoyed in YEARS is the dan slott spidey/human torch comics because the humour is back. amazing spider-man is slowly turning spidey into wolverine. oh hooray. whoop.
the dance was FANTASTIC, I sure people would only have been happy if spidey KILLED someone with the black suit on.

pete is a NERD and the black suit just removed his inhibitions so he acted like a NERD with no inhibitions. I'm sure the results would have been different had the punisher put the black suit on.
if people want a dark movie watch batman, there is plenty of dark to go round in that movie.

The Extended edition of DD is good. Why X3 in that row? It could have more character development but it was a nice movie.... I actually like X3 more than X2.
I believe X-men 2 is better then 3 not only because of character development,But an overall better script and direction.Like Spider-man 3 way more then needed was jammed in the movie
and certain characters got the shaft{Nightcrawler and Cyclops.} and the dark phoenix was not as great as she could of been like venom.

Because it's funny... somehow BB and SM2 suck big time- according to you- while something that looked and felt like a cheesy Saturday morning CARTOON is amazing.

GR was decent at best...

And hey, you're trolling here- see every forum aprox.- so, hey... people deserve to know your bizarro way of thinking.

"Spider-Man is nothing like the comics, deserves much better."

And then in another thread: "I hate the story of Peter Parker, I only read ONE Spider-Man comic."

You're just hilarious too me, dude. Take that how you will.:cwink: :woot:

You're just on a crusade to discredit me because you think I'm some kind of threat to you for some reason. Get a girlfriend.

And you know I never said any of those quotes but whatever works for your agenda huh... carry on.

Closing, on account of this being a basic duplicate of the Official Reviews, and the loved/hated threads.

what the hell was this doing in the Misc. Comics section anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"