Things that you can't stand about the anti comic book movie crowd and the moderately

S.A.A.D.

Superhero
Reaction score
pro comic book movie crowd.

The things I can't stand from both crowds:

-The classic "Comic book movies suck." sentiment.

-The oh so classic and very tired "It's just another comic book movie." sentiment.

-The even more classic and very tired "Why would I want to see another comic book movie? Comics are just for kids!" sentiment.

-The "I just like (insert something here)." sentiment.

-The "I don't like comic book movies,but if she or he is in it,then I'll see it." sentiment.

-The "I just don't like (insert something here)" sentiment.

-The "Superheroes are g**!" sentiment.

- The "Superman is the roxors,therefore there is no need to like any other comic book heroes." sentiment.

-The "Batman is the roxors,therefore there is no need to like any other comic book heroes."
sentiment.

-The "Spiderman is the roxors,therefore there is no need to like any other comic book
heroes." sentiment.

-The "Spiderman,Superman,and Batman are dah best comic book heroes evah,everyone else
sucks even if I don't know jack about them!!!" sentiment.

-And of course the people who are bullcrap fans of characters from comic book movies. Yeah they will buy the merchandise,say that they love so and so,maybe even get a tattoo. But if you ask one of them non familiar questions about the comic book character they like then they get put on the spot and become clueless big time before being given the answers.

However,when it comes to young kids,I give those guys a break.

-The "Oh you're just hating on (insert the name of comic book movie here) just because you want to be different and/or cool!!!" sentiment.

Last edited:
Ignorant people are not really worth my time. Let them be ignorant forever. Their loss.

you can't fight it. though you can..influence people.

pro comic book movie crowd.

The things I can't stand from both crowds:

-The classic "Comic book movies suck." sentiment.

-The oh so classic and very tired "It's just another comic book movie." sentiment.

-The even more classic and very tired "Why would I want to see another comic book movie? Comics are just for kids!" sentiment.

-The "I don't like comic book movies,but if she or he is in it,then I'll see it." sentiment.

- The "Superman is the roxors,therefore there is no need to like any other comic book heroes." sentiment.

-The "Batman is the roxors,therefore there is no need to like any other comic book heroes."
sentiment.

-The "Spiderman is the roxors,therefore there is no need to like any other comic book
heroes." sentiment.

-The "Spiderman,Superman,and Batman are dah best comic book heroes evah,everyone else

-And of course the people who are bullcrap fans of characters from comic book movies. Yeah they will buy the merchandise,say that they love so and so,maybe even get a tattoo. But if you ask one of them non familiar questions about the comic book character they like then they get put on the spot and become clueless big time before being given the answers.

However,when it comes to young kids,I give those guys a break.

-The "Oh you're just hating on (insert the name of comic book movie here) just because you want to be different and/or cool!!!" sentiment.

Sadly, that seems to be the view of about 3/4ths of this country. Nothing you can do about it. Just enjoy what you like.

Sadly, that seems to be the view of about 3/4ths of this country. Nothing you can do about it. Just enjoy what you like.

Pretty much dead on. But the one that gets me most that S.A.A.D posted is how everyone jumps on a bandwagon because they know a movie is coming out and then they act like they know more than you because they bought a graphic novel or tbp. Case in point, I've been trying to get my friends to read watchmen since freshmen year, then junior year when the film comes out, they read it and want to to talk about like they know everything there is to know. :cmad: S.A.A.D is 100% right on alot, but that one takes the cake for me.

What the hell is "roxors?" I hate made up internet words. As if the English language is not expressive enough as it is.

Sadly, most of these people who look down on comics have no idea what they are missing. Ignorance is celebrated now for some reason. I was sitting in a restaurant last week reading a John LeCarre novel and a guy at the next table with his whole family commented to me "I never read a whole book in my life and I'm doing just great." As if being ignorant is something to be proud of.

They may look down on comics and literature as a whole, but they go see the movies. the world doesn't turn because of the ignorant.

What the hell is "roxors?" I hate made up internet words. As if the English language is not expressive enough as it is.

Sadly, most of these people who look down on comics have no idea what they are missing. Ignorance is celebrated now for some reason. I was sitting in a restaurant last week reading a John LeCarre novel and a guy at the next table with his whole family commented to me "I never read a whole book in my life and I'm doing just great." As if being ignorant is something to be proud of.

They may look down on comics and literature as a whole, but they go see the movies. the world doesn't turn because of the ignorant.

I feel for you. But as they say, ignorance is bliss. Everyone has the privilege to be ignorant once in a while, but some people just abuse it.

- The "Superman
-The "Batman
-The "Spiderman

-And of course the people who are bullcrap fans of characters from comic book movies.........................................sentiment.

:wow: How are such MINOR arguments about ENTERTAINMENT so hard for one to take. Someone who can't rattle off the last 10 Superbowl winners might feel the same towards you. THEMS THA BREAKS DOOD. Let tha haters hate.

:funny: I do get my giggles from this place.

I feel for you. But as they say, ignorance is bliss. Everyone has the privilege to be ignorant once in a while, but some people just abuse it.

Feel sad for me because I don't use a word like "roxors?" That's funny to me.

Everyone has their own thing I guess.

At the end of the day, I think you can call the 'superhero movies' a genre of their own now, and if your going to refuse to watch an entire genre, then your gonna miss out on a lot.

Don't be sorry, he's some random ignorant guy in a restaurant. Had nothing to do with me, just a perfect example of how people are proud of ignorance.

Most of these were strange but this one was really up there.

Basically it upsets you because some people discover the characters through the movies instead of the comics? :huh:

No,it's after the fact. There are people who think that the movie tells you all you need to know about the character they like and their mythology,and it's not always the case.

Basically it upsets you because some people discover the characters through the movies instead of the comics? :huh:

How are they strange? Are they really too out there for you? :dry:

A lot of my relatives are blown away to learn that there are some comic books written for adults and not for kids.

I think he meant the ones who don't start buying the comics after having seen the movie but they buy all the trendy stuff for that character like T-shirts and whatnot at stores like Hot Topic. They then act like long time fans who know everything about the character.

I think it's great when non-comic readers take a liking to some of these comic characters through the movies but not if they act like your average trendy sheep-like morons. The ones that do what I posted earlier(buying only the trendy **** as opposed to actually looking into comics to learn a bit more about the character)and only do it for conversation to keep "hip" with what's cool since comic films are in the spotlight right now.

Basically, I just don't like trendy fake ****s.

I think he meant the ones who don't start buying the comics after having seen the movie but they buy all the trendy stuff for that character like T-shirts and whatnot at stores like Hot Topic. They then act like long time fans who know everything about the character.

I think it's great when non-comic readers take a liking to some of these comic characters through the movies but not if they act like your average trendy sheep-like morons. The ones that do what I posted earlier(buying only the trendy **** as opposed to actually looking into comics to learn a bit more about the character)and only do it for conversation to keep "hip" with what's cool since comic films are in the spotlight right now.

Basically, I just don't like trendy fake ****s.

Thank you Figs,that sums up one of the things that I was trying to say. :yay:

Last edited:
The thing I don't like about them is that their opinion is actually weighed more heavily than ours when these movies get made. So compromises and sacrifices are made to appease them and we lose out.

The thing I don't like about them is that their opinion is actually weighed more heavily than ours when these movies get made. So compromises and sacrifices are made to appease them and we lose out.

This...the fandom ceases to understand that the people that make the decisions are not fans, nor will they ever be fans...their job is to put asses in seats

This...the fandom ceases to understand that the people that make the decisions are not fans, nor will they ever be fans...their job is to put asses in seats

MalcolmXByAnyMeansNecessaryButton.jpg

Yeah,it's a pretty crappy deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"