Worst recent Comic Book Movie?

AVEITWITHJAMON

Badass Cloud
Reaction score
In general we have had some really good CBMs in the last few years. We have had some average ones as well like Eternals and The Kingsman. And we also had the Venom movies which whilst not critical darlings lots of people have a blast with them. But we have had some that were pretty slated and they are here on this poll. I am wondering what people think has been the worst one?

Vote away folks, I am gonna give it some thought.

I enjoyed New Mutants a lot. Didn't bother watching any of those others. If you're counting Venom 1 (2018) as recent, then my answer has to be either Dark Phoenix or Aquaman. Probably Aquaman.

Yeah, I enjoyed New Mutants quite a bit. I only saw Bloodshot out of those other choices and it was pretty bad but I feel it's probably not as strong contestant as others.

I didn’t mind New Mutants. It wasn’t great but I liked most of the characters. Also, kudos to them for making a queer love story the focal point of a superhero movie. Bloodshot sucked, but it wasn’t in the same realm of awful that Snake Eyes was. Snake Eyes is one of the worst movies I’ve seen in the past 10 years at least. Just straight up trash from start to finish. Haven’t seen the others, though I’m sure Morbius gives Snake Eyes a run for it’s money, lol.

Of the five choices the only one I've seen so far is New Mutants, which I actually liked. It's definitely not the worst CBM I've ever seen...

Hellboy and Bloodshot are both on Netflix so I'll be giving them a whirl at some point. And I'm embarrassed to admit it, but I didn't even know Snake Eyes existed until this very moment :confused:

I liked both New Mutants and Hellboy personally. The former had heart and the latter had David Harbour and some Hellboy comic book moments I have wanted to see on screen for years. So neither of those will get my vote.

Bloodshot was a below average action movie but shared almost nothing with the comic. Morbius was just poor with some really good ideas executed poorly. So I am swaying towards voting for that.

Not seen Snake Eyes yet but the clips I have seen look terrible.

I know this technically wouldn’t count since it’s animated and it wasn’t theatrically released but that Injustice movie from last year really left a bad taste in my mouth.

You need to add more movies to that poll, or add an "Other" option. All of those movies are superior to WW84.

LOL, no. WW 84 was bad but Snake Eyes was in “Worst Movie of All Time” territory. The only reason it isn’t thought of like The Room of superhero movies is because no one saw it.

New Mutants was okay even good. But such a smaller scale X-Men movie and not having it more in the X-Men universe is just sad.

I also love WW84, for the record. Just rewatched it the other day.

I love WW84 as well.

I’m sure many disagree, but Birds of Prey might’ve been the worst that I’ve seen in a while. Tonally, I thought it was nauseating.

Yeah I would definitely disagree; I loved Birds of Prey.

Neither WW84 nor BoP deserve to be in this list. Both got better reviews than the likes of Eternals and The Kingsman which I didn’t include.

And personally I really enjoyed both WW84 and BoP.

I totally see why people would like BoP, it just isn’t my type of movie. And I really disliked the characterizations of Black Mask, Zasz, Cassandra Cain, and Dinah Lance. Cassandra and Black Canary are two of my favorite characters in comics and I don’t know what they were going for in that movie, but they weren’t the characters that I love so much.

I'm glad that I've managed to avoid seeing all films on that list. Out of the ones I have seen WW84 is the worst.

The New Mutants, Wonder Woman 1984, Birds of Prey.

from that pole it's snake eyes its on amazon prime it's so bad i comtemplated deleting the app lol

but recent from the big 2 it has to be ww84

The only two that I've seen are Hellboy 2019 and Morbius. Morbius is one of the worst movies I've ever seen. There's a few movies (Fantastic Four 2015 comes to mind) that suffer from an obvious case of having a hatchet job taken to it in the editing room.

In general we have had some really good CBMs in the last few years. We have had some average ones as well like Eternals and The Kingsman. And we also had the Venom movies which whilst not critical darlings lots of people have a blast with them. But we have had some that were pretty slated and they are here on this poll. I am wondering what people think has been the worst one?

Vote away folks, I am gonna give it some thought.
You forgot to include Dark PhoeniX.

Mine has to be Morbius.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"