Worst Marvel Studio's movie so far?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AVEITWITHJAMON

Badass Cloud
Reaction score
Rather than another poll about the best, which will undoubtedly be won by The Avengers, I am actually curious to see which of the MCU movies people find to be the worst so far. I personally dont think any of them have been bad per se, but we have had some average entrees IMO. Iron Man 2 is the worst for me so far.

Opinions seem very divided on the majority of Marvel movies, so this should be interesting, vote away.

I actually thought Marvel Studios had four good movies and three Ok to bad ones
My rankings
Good/Great/Amazing
Iron Man
The Avengers
The Incredible Hulk (I know many will disagree)
The Ok
Captain America
Mediocre
Iron Man 2
Bad
Iron Man 3

The only MCU movie that I haven't enjoyed is Iron Man 3.

Even ignoring the Mandarin controversy, it just wasn't a very well made film. I hate to say that, I hate that they finally dropped the ball, but I suppose it was bound to happen eventually...

Toss up between Avengers and Iron Man 3. I have to go Avengers because I was so excited for it. The only movie I ever went to a midnight release and the only one ever I will do that for. Such a let down. Iron Man 3 was a worse movie, but after Avengers the bar was set so low I didn't have any faith in it.

Iron Man 3 is in my good/edging on great category.

And guy above me...what? Are you trolling?

Not trolling I just didn't like the movie. Why would I be trolling. Guy put Avengers in the poll and I answered. I went in with the wrong expectations I guess. I though they would kick it up a notch with a more serious tone and I was wrong. They took it down a few notches from all movies combined. It was all about making money instead of making a movie with a serious tone. How many jokes did Captain America make in TFA? What about Hulk? How silly was he in TIH? What about Thor? Other than smashing a cup he was all business. Also, Loki. He did that smile every two minutes in this movie and got beat up more than he was menacing. Just a bad movie. I haven't seen it since it first came out and don't plan on paying for another Marvel movie again. I guess I'm not the demographic. I want comic movies to be taken seriously. I'm not there to watch a popcorn flick. Iron Man 3 was the nail in the coffin. How Downey can demand all that money and look as bored and disinterested is beyond me. I mean yea, the script and movie was terrible and he confirmed it with his performance. Probably the same thing I talked about where these movies don't challenge anyone or any ideas other than to just crack jokes.

The one considered the best got a vote ahaha!

Your opinion man :up:

Without a doubt, Iron Man 3 was the worst Marvel film to date. Which is surprising because I thought the other six films were excellent. So, so disappointed.

Iron Man 3 = Spider-Man 3= X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

There are no bad MS movies yet, even the worst was a pretty good film.
My ever changing rank of the MCU movies from best to worst at the moment is

1) IM3
2) TA
3) IM
4) Thor
5) CA:TFA
6) TIH
7) IM2

but even IM2 gets better with every time I watch it. it just needs the context of the broader universe. I just wish they hadn't included War Machine and focused instead on the villains.

Last edited:
Without a doubt, Iron Man 3 was the worst Marvel film to date. Which is surprising because I thought the other six films were excellent. So, so disappointed.

Iron Man 3 = Spider-Man 3 > X-Men Origins: Wolverine.
Fixed, lol.

X-Men Origins: Wolverine was complete failure in many levels of filmmaking, Iron man 3 and Spider-Man 3 have problems but are way more competently made

Iron Man 2 is the worst.

TIH is the second worst.

Iron Man 3 is the third worst.

But none of these movies are terrible.

The Incredible Hulk. And its not a small gap, either. Bland characters, cliched plot, mediocre acting, and none of the spirit that the first movie had.

None of them are bad. If I had to pick one I'd say iron man 2 even though I really enjoyed it

Thor is my least favorite. It's a good movie, but it's the most boring MCU movie IMO.

From best to worst:

1.) The Avengers- 10/10
2.) Iron Man- 10/10
3.) Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10
4.) Iron Man 2- 8/10
5.) Iron Man 3- 8/10
6.) The Incredible Hulk- 7/10
7.) Thor- 7/10

I still haven't seen IM3, but otherwise I found IM2 to be the weakest of the bunch so far. It lacked the heart of all the others; Sam Rockwell, for the first time in a movie, managed to leave me unimpressed; and Mickey Rourke was completely underused. I loved the first Iron Man movie, but this was a poor follow up.

Iron Man 1 is my favourite, it tells a story of an arrogant *****e who is humbled and becomes a good guy out of responsibility and realises whats most important in life.

Next would be Thor which had just the right amount of comedy, the best MCU villlain in Loki's performance and a good story from arrogance to love.

Next is Captain America which had a wonderful telling of the hero inside and a great period setting, with good supporting characters.

Iron Man 2 next, would've been great without Black Widow being shoehorned in and the back to being a *****e story for the first half. War Machine and Whiplash made the movie.

Next would be Iron Man 3, a disapointing movie that plays with the audience by baiting and switching too much but has a solid performance from RDJ and Paltrow

The Incredible Hulk next, much preferred the original cast, Abomination was great, the rest meh. and finally...

Not trolling I just didn't like the movie. Why would I be trolling. Guy put Avengers in the poll and I answered. I went in with the wrong expectations I guess. I though they would kick it up a notch with a more serious tone and I was wrong. They took it down a few notches from all movies combined. It was all about making money instead of making a movie with a serious tone. How many jokes did Captain America make in TFA? What about Hulk? How silly was he in TIH? What about Thor? Other than smashing a cup he was all business. Also, Loki. He did that smile every two minutes in this movie and got beat up more than he was menacing. Just a bad movie. I haven't seen it since it first came out and don't plan on paying for another Marvel movie again. I guess I'm not the demographic. I want comic movies to be taken seriously. I'm not there to watch a popcorn flick. Iron Man 3 was the nail in the coffin. How Downey can demand all that money and look as bored and disinterested is beyond me. I mean yea, the script and movie was terrible and he confirmed it with his performance. Probably the same thing I talked about where these movies don't challenge anyone or any ideas other than to just crack jokes.

Pretty much this for me too. i expected a continuation of the characters motivations, characteristics, story ect... but all there was was one-liner comedy, action and a thinner than paper story.

Last edited:
I knew this poll would bring up some interesting discussion. See I loved TA but I do agree Marvel is going too far with the comedic approach to their movies, IM3 was the epitome of this with jokes 5 mins after major characters supposedly died, and I think they need to change the formula up a bit as people will get bored eventually.

Although IM3's box office take goes totally against that.

I think I would say it's IM2, but that's because it's just unfocused and has such a lame end sequence. The criticism of it being too filled with Avengers build up has always baffled me though. The miniscule amount of screentime given to that is not why it's so lacking in comparison to the first film.

A close runner up might be CA:TFA, but despite the somewhat lackluster elements it's saved by a winning performance by Evans. You just fall in love with Steve at the start and you want to follow where his story goes. I really feel that Cap needed another director though. It needed a slightly grittier tone so that Cap being a serious no nonsense hero had more oomph to it.

None of them have been "bad" in my opinion, I haven't disliked any of them. However, if I were to rank them, it would be like this:
1. The Avengers-10/10
2. Iron Man-9.5/10
3. Thor-8/10
4. Captain America The First Avengers-8/10
5. Iron Man 3-7.5/10
6. The Incredible Hulk-7.2/10
7. Iron Man 2-6.5/10

For me, its Captain America. Weak villain, predictable story and bland lead character.

Well I just recently over the last day watched a marathon on the 7 MCU films(some of them it's the first time in years that I had seen them like TIH and Thor) and nothing in my ratings or rankings has changed much at all from when I initially saw them. I still say there's not a bad film in the bunch but not all are of equal quality. They run the spectrum of good to very good to great. I still can't decide on a lowest one yet though. All I know is that it's a toss up between IM3 and TIH. And I'd still say those bottom of the barrel MCU films are easily the equals of the best films of FOX and Sony's Marvel movies, the ceiling for which seems to be just good and runs the spectrum from awful to bad to meh/ok to good. I can only think of a couple of DC films(Supes1/BB) and some other non-Marvel/DC superhero films(Rocketeer/Unbreakable/Incredibles) that truly are good enough in quality that they would score in the same range as the MCU films with me.

Having watched all of the films recently, I'd have to put Thor at the bottom, simply because the story was rushed and Thor's character arc was really disappointing. When the main character gets very little development and the villain is given all of the best emotional material, the film has to be considered somewhat of a failure.

After I first saw Thor in the theater I knew that Loki was going to be a major hit with fans, whereas Thor himself wouldn't resonate as much. Why? Because Loki was made into a sympathetic character, his motivations were fully examined and people felt drawn to him because his pain was so real. Thor, in contrast, went from brash braggart to remorseful son without as much in the way of great emotional scenes or interactions that would show us how and why he had changed. Add to that the underdeveloped Thor/Jane relationship and too little time with the Warriors Three and you have a film that was unsatisfying on a deeper level although it was a good superhero movie.

This is definitely not to say that I don't like Thor or think it is a bad film. It simply isn't as fully realized as the other MCU films. That is down to the script because the acting from everyone was fine, as was the direction. Chris Hemsworth is the perfect Thor and it's a shame that he got shortchanged in his own film. Hopefully the next one will do better by Thor himself, instead of expending too much energy on Loki.

Voted Thor. I'll be honest. If it wasn't part of a larger universe I probably wouldnt care about the movie at all. Boring action. Silly forced love story.

The sequel looks a lot better though.

Last edited:
I don't disagree with the above sentiments on Thor, but I voted TIH. It would probably be followed by IM2, then Thor. Those are the only 3 of the MCU I found to be lacking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
japanorsomewher
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"