Things that you can't stand about the anti comic book movie crowd and the moderately

also...the superhero/graphic novel genre is just another genre of film, Westerns used to be the dominant genre, war films too, the taste of the audience changes as time goes on

I know that is a bit tough for the fandom to hear, but in the eyes of Hollywood, you're not special...just another cash cow

What's funny to me is, who decided what the GA would and wouldn't respond to? There is no definitive proof whatsoever that a movie spun faithfully off of a comic book can't both entertain and make money. Take the topic of costumes for example;
some Hollywood execs decided that this look
xmen.jpg

was necessary in order to attract crowds, and while it was successful, this
spiderman-movie-poster.jpg

outsold it inside of two weeks! So where is the notion of what will and won't fly with people who don't read comics coming from?

the X-men started with a uniform look, while Spideys costume has stayed the same since his origin

^That's true. There's a lot more wiggle room with adapting the X-men suits

My point is, while I don't think it would've been the best idea to have the X-Men's rainbow colors in the movie, who's to say that a movie with superheroes who look like superheroes won't sell? They're pushing this whole "realism" agenda in response to a demand that doesn't exist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"