Comics The New, Improved, and Better Storm thread.

Jennifer Walters

Attorney at Law
Reaction score
Okay, here's the place to discuss Ororo Munroe.

But as a fan I want some rules in this place.

1.) Common sense, people. Storm can not beat everyone.
2.) Common sense, people. Storm is not real.
3.) Common sense, people. Be nice to fans of other characters.
4.) Common sense, people. Love Storm, but don't go overboard like in that old thread that made 80 percent of you look like fools.

I can, but it kinda made me sad to be a Storm fan that old thread. The posts in it were just downright scary. :o

I hope this doesn't become another debate thread. I partly blame myself for opening myself to that debate. :(

MuhollandDriver not interested in waves; he’s just looking for a cool breeze...

Despite the great mini last year, it still feels like Storm’s relevance as an X-Man has diminished. I always think of Ororo as the complex leader who had interesting relationships with her teammates. I never thought, over a decade later, she would be sitting on a sofa watching television. Any big plans for her? Outside of her marriage?

DANIEL KETCHUM: While running back and forth between Wakanda and San Francisco has caused a slight decline in her screentime in the X-books, be assured that Storm still plays an important role in the X-Universe. Not only is she one of the most powerful X-Men, but the fact that she’s mutant royalty makes her invaluable. Keep an eye on upcoming issues of “Uncanny” for more on this, especially as the X-Men build their own sovereign nation – Utopia.

And if it’s simply some awesome Storm action you’re looking for, keep an eye out for “Astonishing X-Men” #31. It just so happens that both myself and artist Phil Jimenez have a love of your favorite windrider…

ASTXM031013_col.jpg

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=22961

That is a good point--if you want your new nation to become soverign and legit to the rest of the world, the royalty to one of the most advanced civilizations in the world can definately help them out.

I hope she becomes a bigger part of the Xbooks again, wouldve been nice to see her involved in the Dark Avengers/X-Men battle.

I hope she becomes a bigger part of the Xbooks again, wouldve been nice to see her involved in the Dark Avengers/X-Men battle.
same here. Storm has become such a nonfactor in the X-world that its not even funny

In a way, I love that she's branched out into the bigger Marvel Universe, on the other hand.

My god what are they doing with her now that she's done it? She's barely on the team that made her a name. She's not really doing much of anything in Panther.

You'd think probably the most recognized female X-Man would get more to do than play wifey and star in a frequently delayed X-Men title.

WOW I was definately 13 years old when I first came and was causing hell with the other Storm thread lol I came back like last year looking for a new one (cuz the old one got deleted, idk why) and now this one was in 09'. :(

same here. Storm has become such a nonfactor in the X-world that its not even funny
haha, its been over a year and a half since I posted this and things have not changed

How the mighty have fallen

A few years ago characters like Storm and Gambit fell by the way side, so that characters like Emma Frost and Cyclops could appear in their 12th book.

Storm-1-Ibanez-Cover-08e50.jpg

Storm-1-Bianchi-Variant-45486.jpg

The panel then announced a new "Storm" series from Greg Pak and Victor Ináñez set for July. The writer spoke about how as "a half Korean kid growing up outside Dallas...seeing a character like Storm made me feel like I belonged." Pak said that the trick to getting the character right was a balance between the epic fury her powers can unleash and her way of reaching out to others with empathy. This is only the most recent time that Pak has written Storm in a book, but after years of saying that he'd like to do a solo series with her, he finally got the call from editor Daniel Ketchum.

Pak then read a brief message from Ibáñez speaking of "my commitment to bring them the beauty, the power and the bad assery She deserves" – as Pak noted the capitalization of "She."

He then said they wanted to do things in the book you'd never see her doing in an X-Men book because Storm's life experience is so varied. "She also grew up on the streets of Cairo...she was a queen!" he said of her many faces. "Many different people look up to her, and she feels connected to many different people. So there are things that many superheroes won't notice that she will notice...walls only she can break through." He also promised some classic X-Men characters and faces from her past alongside brand new characters created for the series.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=52448

Storm-1-Ibanez-Cover-08e50.jpg

Storm-1-Bianchi-Variant-45486.jpg

The panel then announced a new "Storm" series from Greg Pak and Victor Ináñez set for July. The writer spoke about how as "a half Korean kid growing up outside Dallas...seeing a character like Storm made me feel like I belonged." Pak said that the trick to getting the character right was a balance between the epic fury her powers can unleash and her way of reaching out to others with empathy. This is only the most recent time that Pak has written Storm in a book, but after years of saying that he'd like to do a solo series with her, he finally got the call from editor Daniel Ketchum.

Pak then read a brief message from Ibáñez speaking of "my commitment to bring them the beauty, the power and the bad assery She deserves" – as Pak noted the capitalization of "She."

He then said they wanted to do things in the book you'd never see her doing in an X-Men book because Storm's life experience is so varied. "She also grew up on the streets of Cairo...she was a queen!" he said of her many faces. "Many different people look up to her, and she feels connected to many different people. So there are things that many superheroes won't notice that she will notice...walls only she can break through." He also promised some classic X-Men characters and faces from her past alongside brand new characters created for the series.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=52448

Very excited about this!!

I kinda wish the full head of hair was back now, Don't get me wrong I love the Mohawk but I want her to be her regal "I am a queen" self haha

I like the edgy Storm better the regal one is alright but the edgy Storm is more interesting, imo.

I love the Mohawk, so I'm glad that she's keeping it. Greg Pak has been wanting to write Storm for years, so good for him. That's a fantastic cover.

STORM2014002COV-col-c0f6b.jpg

STORM #2
GREG PAK (W) • VICTOR IBANEZ (A/C)
VARIANT COVER BY PASQUAL FERRY
• STORM is on a mission to use her extraordinary powers for the betterment of not just mutantkind, but the entire world.
• When wayward youth start disappearing from the streets of New York, Storm is reminded of her own past as a thief and decides to investigate.
• But little does she suspect that the culprit behind the disappearances is one of her oldest foes: CALLISTO!
32 PGS./Rated T+ ...$3.99

STORM2014003COV-Hans-f0b54.jpg

STORM2014003COV-7bc0a.jpg

STORM #3
GREG PAK (W) • MATTEO BUFFAGNI (A)
Cover by DAVID YARDIN
Variant by STEPHANIE HANS
• Long ago, after she was worshipped as a goddess on the plains of Africa, Storm was stripped of her mutant powers and fell into deep depression. A brilliant inventor named Forge came to her rescue and nursed her back to health, showing her that she is so much more than her superhuman abilities. And a romance blossomed between them. But it was a love made to be broken…
• Now, years later, Storm has the powers and stature of a goddess once more, and she is reunited with Forge. But what does fate have in store for the pair this time?
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

STORM2014005COV-col-db586.jpg

STORM #5
GREG PAK (w) • VICTOR IBANEZ (a)
Cover by STEPHANIE HANS
DEATH OF WOLVERINE Aftermath!
• Storm is grieving the loss of her friend, teammate and lover, Wolverine. His death has left loose ends and a pair of shoes that’s hard to fill.
• But with the help of her longtime friend and ally, Yukio, Storm may just find solace in taking care of Wolverine’s unfinished business…and filling his shoes all too well!
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"