• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Comics The "New Ways to Die" Thread...

I know Tony was being a bit of a jerk during Civil War, but they were making him that much of a jerk? Man, if I was an Iron-Man fan like I am Spidey, I would be just as pissed as I am now about Pete & the Devil!
seriously he was straight Machiavellian in CW, he and Reed did things that would have given Mandarin and Doom pause (OKay that last bit was hyperbole but you get my point)

Last edited:
Yea Tony was a serious *****ebag, but hey, it was a war, and during war, even the most benevolent person will do shady things in order for the greater good. Tony wasnt the only one, Captain America made a deal with the Kingpin to screw Tony over, everybody was doing what they had to do. But these days, i think Tony's been making up for his *****ebagginess during civil war.

Yea Tony was a serious *****ebag, but hey, it was a war, and during war, even the most benevolent person will do shady things in order for the greater good. Tony wasnt the only one, Captain America made a deal with the Kingpin to screw Tony over, everybody was doing what they had to do. But these days, i think Tony's been making up for his *****ebagginess during civil war.
yeah there's nothing like getting Punted all over the MU and a multi-million dollar box office hit to get that sympathy vote back in your ballot box

:o I already have Part 5 sitting on my shelf.

Subscriptions > Everything

Spoil me...I, err, that is to say, spoil it for me. The comic. Heh...

There's not much in comics right now I don't want spoiled for me. Tell me how SI, FC, Ultimates 3, and NWTD end early, I don't mind (but keep Batman: RIP a secret. Something about that arc, I want to ride it through). To hell with surprise. TO HELL I SAY!

Another solid issue... nothing revealing as far as the big picture goes, but yet more Menace clues and a big reveal on the last page concerning Mac Gargan...

possibly the worst kept secret on the Internet this month.... :oldrazz:

:yay:

So anyone want to post scans of you know who...

the new and improved Venom/Scorpion?

So anyone want to post scans of you know who...

the new and improved Venom/Scorpion?

Here ya go...

Spider-Man572025.jpg

I have to be the only one here (and in the ASM thread) not liking the new look! I'm hanging onto the belief that this new look is only temporary, and if Gargan doesn't lose the symbiote, he will lose the Scorpion armor.

I have to be the only one here (and in the ASM thread) not liking the new look! I'm hanging onto the belief that this new look is only temporary, and if Gargan doesn't lose the symbiote, he will lose the Scorpion armor.

Of course it's temporary, he'll still be Venom in Thunderbolts.

So I'm sitting here trying to figure out where the title for this story comes from.

"New Ways to Die"

Could it be that we have some new/improved villains, thus NWTD?

Could it be about Freak and how he requires a NWTD each time he's defeated, since an Old Way to Die wouldn't hurt him?

Maybe both? :)

Norman makes a comment about "new ways to die" in the recent issue...

:yay:

Norman uses the line "new ways to die" in the latest issue. And it's pretty much what you said.

Sweet. :)

Haven't read the issues, but have definitely spoiled myself with it already by reading on here.

why did the bullets hit bullseye if they were locked on the tracker in the big web ball in his hand?

No I am with you. He looks awful.

Well while you mention it...

Thunderbolts spoiler
[BLACKOUT]We are getting a new TBolts line-up in the very near future.[/BLACKOUT]

That is of course...if someone else ends up with the symbiote and becomes a new Venom. Of course thats just wishful thinking on my part :hyper:

Last edited:
Man, it was so cool seeing Norman in full Goblin regalia, rendered by junior. :word: I was loving every minute of it.

Also enjoyed the continuity with Oscorp and The Freak. And personally, i dont mind if Brock remains Anti-Venom. There's plenty of "diseases" in the Marvel Universe in need of curing...

My only complaint; was hoping to see Spidey beat the crap out of Bullseye. (but out-manueurving him was ok too)...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"