The Northern & Southern hemisphere Rugby union thread (6 Nations,Super Rugby,sevens)

Kaleb

2010 & 2018 SHHFFL Champion
Reaction score
Not sure we had a thread on this yet, oh well currently watching England destroy Italy in the 6 nations (47-17).

And in Super Rugby my team the Sharks are currently behind the Cheetahs 22-23

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO UNION.

Though I occasionally watch this crappy version.

The Sharks just lost their opening game vs the Cheetahs in Super Rugby (35-29)

The Brumbies played like the semi-final loss was just last week and they were none-too happy about it...

Scott Sio seems to have jumped up another level, Robbie Coleman looks like injuries are the only thing that could keep him from double digit try numbers and Nic White owned that game.

If there was one team the Reds should have NOT wanted to start Karmichael Hunt at 10 against, it'd be the Brumbies. Matt Toomua didn't even let him breathe.

Melbourne Rebels finally got their first win outside of Australia, as well, knocking off the Crusaders.

Nice one on making this and the cricket thread Kaleb :up:

On the Six Nations, England made a great start beating Wales and came good late on to run in a few tries once Italy tired. Ireland will still be hard to beat and we'll have to see if Wales and France can make a comeback in the championship.

Ireland are the favourites for the Grand Slam title according to a few friend's and the bookies.

Nice one on making this and the cricket thread Kaleb :up:

On the Six Nations, England made a great start beating Wales and came good late on to run in a few tries once Italy tired. Ireland will still be hard to beat and we'll have to see if Wales and France can make a comeback in the championship.

no problem.

I caught the game between England and Italy today and I was very impressed with how England performed.

England are looking decent.

And yeah, Ireland are probably favourites ahead of England at this point playing them at home and with only the Wales game apart from that where they are at risk of not getting the points.

Super Rugby started this weekend. Brumbies looking good so far.

Super Rugby started this weekend. Brumbies looking good so far.

So many guys in that one were set on "Crush". Scott Sio, David Pocock DID NOT play like a guy who has pretty much missed two full years. Nic White completely devastated the Reds, and Matt Toomua just choked the game out of Hunt.

Genia had a crap platform in front of him and an inexperienced ten with no time to do anything outside of him... and while I think he did pretty well (along with Gill and Schatz) you just can't do anything in that situation. Struggling to retain your own ball in open field and not really controlling set piece play well enough to make yourself a threat with boot or legs.

Edit: Suffice to say, I think Brumbies/Chiefs this Friday will be "Must see".

Last edited:
Great game here, Scotland vs Wales

Scotland are just playing terrible at the moment

Wales scraped out a win, but I cant understand why they didn't restart the game at the end?

Scotland started well in this game. Before that first unnecessary yellow card I think they might have managed to finish the 1st half ahead.

Wales scraped out a win, but I cant understand why they didn't restart the game at the end?
There was definitely time left on the clock. The guy taking the conversion will be kicking himself tonight that he took it slowly and hopefully the ref/timekeeper will feel a bit silly too.

Six Nations B (European Rugby Championship) round 2 results:

Germany 22 Russia 46
Romania 29 Spain 8
Georgia 20 Portugal 15

Looks to be another battle between Georgia and Romania this year. Something needs to be done about those two teams, they've become too good for the ERC.

World Cup this year as well.

I think Ireland have the best chance out of the Northern Hemisphere countries to win it. New Zealand and South Africa from the Southern Hemisphere.

Expect a good showing from Japan at the world cup this year.

Six Nations B (European Rugby Championship) round 2 results:

Germany 22 Russia 46
Romania 29 Spain 8
Georgia 20 Portugal 15

Looks to be another battle between Georgia and Romania this year. Something needs to be done about those two teams, they've become too good for the ERC.

Wow, I never even knew this existed.

Super Rugby results - Round 1

Rebels 20 Crusaders 10
Brumbies 47 Reds 3
Hurricanes 22 Lions 8
Chiefs 23 Blues 18
Cheetahs 35 Sharks 29
Stormers 29 Bulls 17
Force 25 Waratahs 15

Wow, I never even knew this existed.

In all honesty I'm not that surprised if you haven't. Many rugby fans aren't aware of the second level of 6 Nations rugby in Europe.

Last edited:
Would be interesting to see the standard. Italy did well to step up to join the 5 Nations tournament. Wonder if anyone else will in the future.

I think the 6 Nations is unfortunately a closed shop. Too much self interest from the unions to allow further expansion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"