Inhumans The NuHumans thread

MbJ

Avenger
Reaction score
As many already know, in the last few years Marvel introduced a new subset of Inhumans called Nuhumans, who were seemingly humans with dormant Inhuman ancestry that led to them gaining powers after being exposed to the Terrigen Mist.

Many people claimed Marvel did this with the movies in mind, and now given that the concept has been introduced into the MCU canon by Agents of SHIELD (with Skye herself turning out to be one of these Nuhumans), it's looking increasingly likely that it will appear in the movie in some capacity.

So which if any of the Nuhumans do you think we will see? And who would you cast as them?

Dante Pertuz / Inferno
Inhuman_Vol_1_2_Textless.jpg

The Reader
Reader_%28Inhuman%29_%28Earth-616%29_from_Inhuman_Vol_1_4_0001.jpg

Xiaoyi / Iso
339px-Xiaoyi_%28Earth-616%29_from_Inhuman_Vol_1_9_001.png

Naja
Naja_(Earth-616)_from_Inhuman_Vol_1_12_001.png

Jason / Flint

4064601-flint+01.jpg

Ren Kimura
3443912-fearless+defenders+010-000.jpg

Mark Sim / Haechi
3809310-new+warriors+(2014-)+004-009.jpg

Kamala Khan / Ms. Marvel
Ms._Marvel_Vol_3_2_Molina_Variant_Textless.jpg

Thane, Son of Thanos
Thane_(Thanos'_son)_(Earth-12131)_001.png

The Reader is already in AOS isn't he?

Tbh I don't know anything about these characters.

The Reader is probably in Agents of SHIELD based on the similar purpose and somewhat similar powers, but his most important power hasn't been shown so I wouldn't confirm it just yet.

My hope is the movie focuses on the Inhuman Royal family. Given that, I think these should get a back seat. The Marvel Knights Inhumans series introduced some cool characters as well (who have sort of vanished since Silent War). I'd rather those characters appear since they were actually Inhumans of Attilan. I know Marvel doesn't own the rights to the X-Men, but I still think they have to deal with the ever present question of "how is this something other than mutants." The royal family provides that answer even though Inhumanity has obviously blurred it.

I would dump Thane as the son of Thanos from all the stories. Thanos having a child just seems too normal for what I picture him to be. From what I understand, Thane's mother and Thanos weren't exactly friendly meaning there is an implied rape as her tribe crossed paths with Thanos and boom, prego which just...no. Thanos wipes out civilizations and raises children to be his lieutenants, modifying them and demanding loyalty, he doesn't rape women to bear his children; and what happened to his girlfriend, Death? Besides, I don't think Thanos makes it out of Infinity War alive which makes this story excessive.

The idea of Reader is interesting but incomplete in theory. When you read something your mind's eye imagines it. So in theory, doesn't his powers come from his imagination? Why can't he just imagine things? Or, to stay more true to the comic character, couldn't he write down whatever he is in need of, then read it, then it would happen, right? Except braille. Reader could be all-powerful if I understand his character correctly, so I prefer this much more limited character in AOS compared to the comic concept. To compensate for a neutered power set they gave him a prominent role in their group which works really well.

Not being a comic reader I am still trying to wrap my head around how you could hide a city on the freaking moon. It's not like we have never photographed the backside of it (that's where the aliens are that abduct people, right? It's all a conspiracy, man. The government knows, the government knows) How does the royal family work considering they are not blood relatives? Playing the more pure-blood Inhumans against half-breed Nuhumans is interesting but no different than Inhumans v. Humans so, that's lame.

I have no idea what they are doing with this concept but Marvel has a lot of time to build and work out the details. I trust Marvel unless they've been taken over by the aliens too, then I don't trust them.

I don't think Attilan was hidden on the moon (although the Blue Area of the Moon was occupied previously, so the problem you raise doesn't go away). It was moved to the moon because of pollution on the Earth. By that point, humans knew about Inhumans. It was hidden in the Himalayas.

I dunno I just have the feeling they will be involved so they can have some viewpoint characters. I mean this was the original logline way back in 2011:

The Inhumans are aliens who were put on Earth as sleeper cell aliens to eventually call back their race to take over the planet. Ultimately, the group of aliens fully assimilates and don’t want to cause war.

That sounds really similar to what they've established in Agents of SHIELD and the current comics.

I'm still hoping Quicksilver could be a viewpoint character. An outsider who falls in love with Crystal. Of course, with everyone wanting Quicksilver to be an Inhuman, that would completely screw up my idea but, assuming he's not (as has been stated by Feige and Whedon), I think it creates a good introduction storyline while still keeping the story focused on the royal family.

Although that description makes me wonder if they're going to go with a Kree story like War of Kings (or whatever that one beforehand was where they were enslaved and forced to fight for the Kree to stop a wedding between the Shi'ar and Spartoi).

I would love to see Inferno and Reader. Those two are my favorite Nuhumans!

In the comics? No. Neither is Reader, though. They're recent additions, but not NuHumans.

This thread makes me wish Marvel made a show based on the Earth based Inhuman corporation Enilux instead of the Royal family.

You could have got the grounded Inhumans show they wanted, that didn't need to be too CGI heavy and can have Earth based sets instead of expensive Attilan city scapes.

It could have had Reader, Dante, maybe even Kamala Kahn.

Best of both worlds.

I don't know about based on Enilux, but I would love to see them as villains in a hypothetical season two. I just think it makes too much sense to have Maximus as the villain of season one given the history of the Inhumans.

As many already know, in the last few years Marvel introduced a new subset of Inhumans called Nuhumans, who were seemingly humans with dormant Inhuman ancestry that led to them gaining powers after being exposed to the Terrigen Mist.

Many people claimed Marvel did this with the movies in mind, and now given that the concept has been introduced into the MCU canon by Agents of SHIELD (with Skye herself turning out to be one of these Nuhumans), it's looking increasingly likely that it will appear in the movie in some capacity.

So which if any of the Nuhumans do you think we will see? And who would you cast as them?

[

Kamala Khan / Ms. Marvel
Ms._Marvel_Vol_3_2_Molina_Variant_Textless.jpg
this one
her power should be easy for TV special effects

If Feige does not want to use her, then its only comics and animated shows for her. Her powers will give ABC studios nightmares.

how so I would think her size powers would be easy to replicate

We'll see how The Flash handles Elongated Man, but I think it'd be wise for Marvel to save some next gen characters for the movies.

We'll see how The Flash handles Elongated Man, but I think it'd be wise for Marvel to save some next gen characters for the movies.

The cgi on the Flash show are too cartoony and over the top to take seriously. So Elongated man and Kamala's power set will fit right in for a show like Flash and not Inhumans and AOS where the cgi is more grounded and less over the top.

Grounded and over the top aren't the words to describe it but limited.

Like there was 1 scene in Aos in which Ghost Rider was escaping and I was like how they are gonna catch this guy. And then poof, the car suddenly because apparently the jet was in the way and it was in invisible mode and Robbie didn't see it leading to his capture. I thought it was a lame way to end a chase scene.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"