The Office (US)

I remember when that idea was first thrown out there in the last season or so. They even did a backdoor pilot as one of the episodes. At the time, I didn't think it was a good idea because by then the show had gotten so stale after Carell left. If they were to do a spinoff based on Dwight and Angela's life on the farm now I think it would go over better now that enough time has passed and the show is maybe even more popular now than it was then. Certainly better than just a reboot set in the office with nothing new to bring to the table.

It would also open the door to have occasional cast members drop by, even though it would probably just be a walk-on and then they're gone.

Could easily turn out bad regardless, but a fresh cast is the only way to go, I think.

I have little interest in dropping in on the Scranton branch again. It was rocky getting there, but that finale was solid. No sense risking going back on all that character development.

I love both the US and UK Office. If they could recreate the magic with new characters without it feeling stale I’d be up for it.

Daniels has indicated that a new Office iteration could follow a crew doing a documentary about a different subject.
Fingers crossed. Revisiting the original cast for more than maybe a cameo would be a recipe for disaster.

It would be nice to see cameos of some of them but not a focus. At most a recurring part for two or three episodes in a season.

Gleeson’s kind of a big get, Daniels might be cooking here.

Gleeson just recently worked with Steve Carell on The Patient, so he may have been recommended. I like it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"