The Official 2012 SHH! Movie Awards Discussion Thread

My nominations.

Best Movie: Wreck-It Ralph
Best Animated Movie: Wreck-It Ralph
Best Villain: Turbo (Wreck-It Ralph)
Best Bad-Ass: Sgt. Calhoun (Wreck-It Ralph)
Best Actor: John C. Reilly (Wreck-It Ralph)
Favorite Scene: The entire Hero's Duty sequence. (Wreck-It Ralph)
Superhero Lifetime Achievement: Director Sam Raimi

Here is what the schedule will look like:

And I should remind people there shouldn't be any nominations in this thread. Each category will have its own thread. You will have two days for nominations, in which you nominate the top three of your favorites and two days for voting (a poll of the top three will be added for each thread).

December 23rd - 25th Nominations; 25th - 27th Voting

Best Animated Movie
Best Indie
Best Comedic Performance
Best Comedy
Best Blockbuster

December 27th - 29th ; December 29th - December 31st

Best Visual Effects
Best Cinematography
Best Song
Best Score
Badass of the Year

December 31st - January 2nd ; January 2nd - January 4th (All 5 nominees!)

Best Villain
Best Actor
Best Actress
Favorite Scene
Superhero Movie of the Year (No Nominations, just a poll)

Open until January 7th:

Superhero Movie Lifetime Achievement - Nominate anyone who's involved in more than one superhero movie (since this is a young category I believe people who have been involved with multiple ones should be put in first and this will be the last year of this stipulation). Any one individual (actors, directors, producers, even an extra) is eligible.

There will be only nominations but no voting.

2011 Inductees:

Christopher Nolan
Christopher Reeve
Richard Donner

January 4th - 7th ; January 7th - January 12th (5 Nominees)

Best Picture

They'll be up when the poll's close tonight, so the 28th for you. :oldrazz:

They'll be up when the poll's close tonight, so the 28th for you. :oldrazz:

Not fair! :p

(Sad as it is, have literally been checking all through the day. Of course I took the time diff into account, but still thought they'd be up in the day time, not the freaking evening. I'd hardly count the 27th as a day of voting if it only actually counts for a few hours!)

Last edited:
I prefer to be correct and accurate. I don't want to lie. I'm a man of sophistication.

*drinks tea with pinky up*

Thanks!

I'm sorry I'm late with this, I fell asleep last night. Here are the results of the first 5 categories.

Best Animated Movie: Wreck-it-Ralph

Best Indie: Tie: Beast of The Southern Wild/Moonrise Kingdom

Best Comedy: Tie: Ted/Moonrise Kingdom (I sense a pattern)

Best Comedic Performance: Channing Tatum - 21 Jump Street

Best Blockbuster: The Avengers

Congrats to the first winners!

Sorry guys, I got sick and fell asleep. I'm extending the categories until tonight at 8PM.

Seeing Django tonight at 6 so I won't be able put up a poll until I get back so I am changing it to 10 PM.

Best Visual Effects: The Avengers

Best Cinematography: Roger Deakins - Skyfall

Best Song: Adele - Skyfall - Skyfall

Best Score: Howard Shore - The Hobbit

Badass of The Year: Mark Ruffalo - Bruce Banner/Hulk - The Avengers

The new threads will be up shortly.

Are there any other nominations to be done? I'm enjoying this! What about some funny ones :woot:?

You closed all of the threads too soon, Wayne. Having so many 3-3 or 4-4 ties in some categories pretty much renders them pointless.

I hate the fact that movies like The Master, Les Miserables, Silver Linings Playbook, Django Unchained and Lincoln has not premiered in my country yet. Which makes it way less fun and interesting for me to follow these awards and vote in them.

You closed all of the threads too soon, Wayne. Having so many 3-3 or 4-4 ties in some categories pretty much renders them pointless.

I think the length is fine since I changed nominations to 3 days, and then I changed to keep the polls open for 3 days also. The awards started the beginning of January to the end and activity and interest waned by the end of January. This year, by shortening the length and having more threads open at once, interest has actually managed to increase the deeper into the awards.

I will keep this in mind however when I do the movie of the year awards, which is the only award left. It's probably going to end up being 4 days for nominations and 3 for voting.

Best Villain: Bane - The Dark Knight Rises
Best Actor: Daniel Day Lewis - Lincoln
Best Actress: Anne Hathaway - The Dark Knight Rises
Favorite Scene/Moment: Batman vs. Bane Round 1 - The Dark Knight Rises
Superhero Movie of the Year: The Avengers

Movie of The Year thread will be up shortly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"