• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The OFFICIAL ANT-MAN/Giant-man Thread

Angamb

Avenger
Reaction score
21aml1x.jpg

There have been discussions here and there on the boards, but this subboard didnt have the official thread of the superhero (with all his forms and alter egos) so here it is.

San Diego Comic con its around the corner, and Marvel hasnt really made the official announcements about upcoming proyects, so lets hope for the best!

I'll be posting both past and present updates and quotes from the creative and production team, like Feige and Wright, along with rumors and all.

here are some of them:

March 30, 2012
Kevin Feige: "It’s somewhere. I’ll just say it’s closer than it’s ever been in its long maybe eight year history, and I usually e-mail Edgar every two or three days and over those eight years its got further away and closer… we are now closer than we’ve ever been. So I hope it will come together shortly."
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/03...edingCool+(Bleeding+Cool+Comic+News+&+Rumors)

24th April 2012
Feige hopes pre-production on Ant-Man could get going this year: "With Ant-man, I know Edgar Wright and Joe Cornish have written a very good draft, they’ve been working on it for many years now, and have made a couple of other great movies since then. I think this summer we’ll see some forward momentum with that.
http://www.thisisfakediy.co.uk/arti...nt-man-status-a-new-hulk-film-avengers-seque/

May 15, 2012
Edgar Wright: "Things are happening, and other things are happening on other things as well. There’s some interesting plates spinning and I ideally hope I’ll be shooting this year"
http://screenrant.com/edgar-wright-marvel-ant-man-2014-kofi-171883/
screenrant.com/edgar-wright-marvel-ant-man-2014-kofi-171883/

19 May, 2012
@TwitchFilm
Rumblings in #Cannes are that @edgarwright's ANT MAN has been greenlit. #rumor
https://twitter.com/?tw_e=screenname&tw_i=203926704790585344&tw_p=tweetembed#!/TwitchFilm

June 28, 2012
Edgar Wright Has Shot an Ant-Man Test Reel
Edgar: "The idea that we have for the adaptation is to actually involve both... Henry Pym and Scott Lang," Wright told SuperHeroHype some yearhttps://twitter.com/#!/edgarwrights ago. "So you actually do a prologue where you see Pym as Ant-Man in action in the 60's, in sort of 'Tales to Astonish' mode basically, and then the contemporary, sort of flash-forward, is Scott Lang's story, and how he comes to acquire the suit, how he crosses paths with Henry Pym, and then, in an interesting sort of Machiavellian way, teams up with him."
http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/171377-edgar-wright-has-shot-an-ant-man-test-reel

Edgar Wright's Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/edgarwright

all the info you could share, would be appreciated.

Last edited:
wow, Id love him as Hank!!!

He is a really great actor, and has a great look for the character, both the scientific look and at the same time some appeal to the female audience, Id say.

So seems pretty perfect choice, definetly

Would be really cool to see him along with Robert Jr. and Mark Ruffalo

I read an article yesterday that said Ant-Man is in production!

yeah!!!!! post the link please

NEW RUMOUR!!!!

‘Iron Man 3′ Character Details & Potential Post-Credits Scene Spoiler

[.....]

Here’s where we get to the really interesting stuff:

Before dropping out of the film, Andy Lau was cast to play a character described as a “good guy” scientist of sorts. That character will be a version of Chen Lu (Radioactive Man) from the books. In Marvel Comics, Chen Lu is a nuclear physicist for the People’s Republic of China and a villain of Iron Man who works for The Mandarin. His abilities from exposure to radiation give him green-colored skin and the abilities to control radiation in various ways. I wouldn’t expect all of that to show up in Iron Man 3, but do expect his connection with these characters to surface as well as his connection to… Ant-Man.

In the books, Henry Pym (Ant-Man) fought Radioactive Man, defeating Lu and having him deported to China, but years later, when Lu had dropped his villainous roots to work with other superheroes, he and Pym worked together during the Marvel Civil War, building a prison for super-powered people.

The character may have a significant role that has him returning in future Marvel films, but for Iron Man 3, he may just show up in a special post-credits scene where Ant-Man is finally introduced. It’s this after-credits scene that may be shot by Edgar Wright, the director who’s been attached to Ant-Man for years and who has submitted several versions of its screenplay to Marvel, a script which is touted as being funny and exciting.

This scene is likely what Wright referred to when he told Empire and Slash Film that he hopes to be shooting something for Ant-Man this year.

This scene would feature Ant-Man, possibly masked. That may depend on casting, and there’s no word on that front. Seeing how Joss Whedon directed the post-credits button on Thor, which served as a lead-in to The Avengers, it makes sense to see Marvel doing the same with Edgar Wright on Iron Man 3 - and what better way to market a new, lesser-known character than with their biggest solo character franchise? This also lends credence to the idea that Ant-Man will join Captain America 2 as one of the 2014 Marvel Studios releases.

Let the speculation continue!

http://screenrant.com/iron-man-3-characters-spoilers-post-credits-ant-man-rob-182649/

This is getting interesting! :awesome:

Last edited:
I don't want Scott Lang.... I want Hank Pym.

whoever ends being the character...

Im just really excited about this possibility.

This would mean Marvel REALLY will do the Ant-Man movie, if not, at least to include him on Avengers 2.

So, in any case, Id be happy.

would be more happier with the Ant-man movie before A2, but if that's not the case, at least use him in the sequel

If they go with a Pym solo I suspect they're setting up Ultron for A2. That's my prediction.

I don't want Scott Lang.... I want Hank Pym.

I'm warming up to the idea that we'll get both.
I just hope to hell we start hearing that Janet Van Dyne is in this, too. Edgar Wright's silence about her is starting to worry the hell out of me. :csad:

I could definitely see Ant-Man being greenlit, especially now that the second movie in 2014 has been moved to August. Ant-Man seems like a very August movie to me for some reason.

If they go with a Pym solo I suspect they're setting up Ultron for A2. That's my prediction.

since it seems Marvel wants Thanos on the sequel, they can include Ant-man on the team on Avengers 2 and on the third part to develop Ultron. Seems like a pretty decent arc for Hank on the franchise.

Last edited:
I could definitely see Ant-Man being greenlit, especially now that the second movie in 2014 has been moved to August. Ant-Man seems like a very August movie to me for some reason.

Well maybe we will get 3. It seems very very likely Guardians will be one of the movies. Multiples have almost confirmed it.

since it seems Marvel wants Thanos on the sequel, they can include Ant-man on the team on Avengers 2 and on the third part to develop Ultron. Seems like a pretty decent arc for Hank on the franchise.

I personally would rather have Ultron in 2. And Thanos for 3. But unfortunately, it doesn't seem like thats the direction they are going

I guess Ultron is less powerfull than Thanos right?

I watched some episodes from the latest animated series, and if I dont remember bad, Ultron was as big of a villian, right?

not sure if Marvel would use him as the unique villain of a sequel.

I personally would like to see Ant-man in a sequel being just that, the new avenger, with that power, and then develop him a bit more in the next sequel creating Ultron.

I mean, to have it all in just one sequel would be too much for the new character, I feel.

I guess Ultron is less powerfull than Thanos right?

I watched some episodes from the latest animated series, and if I dont remember bad, Ultron was as big of a villian, right?

not sure if Marvel would use him as the unique villain of a sequel.

I personally would like to see Ant-man in a sequel being just that, the new avenger, with that power, and then develop him a bit more in the next sequel creating Ultron.

I mean, to have it all in just one sequel would be too much for the new character, I feel.

Ultron is a big avengers villain. Arguably their best. Thanos is more powerful and operates on a universal scale.

I think it depends when Ant man is going to happen. If he happens in 2014, then ya, that could set up Ultron for Avengers 2. If he happens in phase III in say, 2016, then it will probably set up Ultron for 3. However, if Guardians AND Antman end up happening in 2014, its tough to say where they will go with the villian

I'm going with Joss' desire to make A2 smaller and more personal in story than Avengers. To me Thanos seems like a bigger deal than Ultron and doesn't fit with what he said.

I'm going with Joss' desire to make A2 smaller and more personal in story than Avengers. To me Thanos seems like a bigger deal than Ultron and doesn't fit with what he said.

Yeah, I think it will eventually end up being Ultron in Avengers 2. However, I could still see Thanos having a role in the movie. Perhaps he sets in motion the self-awareness of Ultron in some fashion.

Yeah, I think it will eventually end up being Ultron in Avengers 2. However, I could still see Thanos having a role in the movie. Perhaps he sets in motion the self-awareness of Ultron in some fashion.

See, what I am having a hard time udnerstanding, how will this work if the guardians movie does in fact feature Thanos? and if Thanos does in fact steal the gauntlet in Thor 2?

He has the gauntlet, we got his back story from Guardians, how do they put him off for such a long time now?

UNLESS he does have something to do with Avengers 2.

Thanos doesn't necessarily have to be featured as the antagonist in GOTG. Maybe there is another cosmic threat with Thanos again behind the scenes pursuing his own goals. I mean, I'd kinda like to have his presence felt throught Phase 2 but not paying off until Avengers 3.

Back to Ant-Man, I think his after-credits scene in IM3 would be cool if Tony shows up at his lab after hearing about his work. Tony is coming to offer him a position at Stark Industries, but no one is in the lab. He picks up a prototype of Ultron's head and suddenly Pym enlarges right behind him.

that would be sooo cool!!! lol

really. with a short line at the end from Hank, like: "what the hell are u doing?" or something like that :D

I think Antman should introduce Ultron as his bad guy and maybe from there Avengers 2 have "The Master of Evil" with Ultron leading them. Thanos should still pay a role, but should be saved for Avenger 3 (part 1 and part 2: why not? Twilight and Harry potter did it) (where part 1, he beats them all up and part 2 he gets taken down) This way we might get a chance to get adam warlock, black panther, Msmarvel, she hulk in on Thanos, also build up the IG for people who don't know what it is.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCat
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"