The Official Batman Returns Thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I was telling someone that Batman's had some pretty good games throughout the years. They were trying to tell me that they all sucked until the Arkham games, but he's had a lot of great ones, some mediocre ones, and then of course, some bad ones. But the Arkham series wasn't the first good Batman games.

Superman, on the other hand, has had some horrible games.

For Supes, it's genuinely hard to think of a game better than "okay."

schereZada said:
Hi, Mace Dolex. Why, thank you. Never tried that myself. Anyways, you can see that easily when you know Burton's love for classic horror movies. That shot where Batman turns around and walks, on top of Axis chemicals, screamed "Phantom op the Opera" to me when I was a child. Btw, I'm more of a dudette, actually. Cheers.
ahh good call on the POTO reference and very brave of Tim Burton having been given more clout on BR that he was able to get away with some of the things on BR that were controversial at the time but we can look back on now and admire it.

Thanks for clearing it up that you're a woman, its hard to tell here in the boards. :yay:

For Supes, it's genuinely hard to think of a game better than "okay."

Off the top of my head the most enjoyable Superman games I've played were The Death and Return of Superman on Genesis/SNES and Superman: Shadow of Apokolips for PS2/Xbox/GC. Most of them are pretty forgettable or bad.

Yeah, I was telling someone that Batman's had some pretty good games throughout the years. They were trying to tell me that they all sucked until the Arkham games, but he's had a lot of great ones, some mediocre ones, and then of course, some bad ones. But the Arkham series wasn't the first good Batman games.

Superman, on the other hand, has had some horrible games.

But, but ... Superman 64 was so good though! :cwink:

Pretty sad to think that there have been so many awful Superman games. I mean, it's Superman. There are so many cool things you can do with him in a video game, and nobody has done it right yet.

I'd say the closest Superman ever got to having a good game is the Death & Return of Superman. It's decent enough ... Could have been better though.

As for Batman, I think the only bad Batman game I've ever played is Batman Forever on the SNES. BB89, Batman Returns, The Adventures of Batman and Robin, and the Arkham Asylum games ... All really good stuff. I know the Arkham games are the best, but the Batman Returns game is a game from my childhood. Nostalgia kicks in every time I play it.

Hell, even the bad games are still sort of fun and are worth one play through...

other than Batman Forever (glitchy levels) and Batman Rise of Sin Tzu (which just sucked).

Glitchy levels were far from the worst thing in Batman Forever for SNES. The biggest sin that game commits is having atrocious controls. The gameplay is the most exhausting thing ever. Batman Forever the arcade game on the other hand I remember being kind of decent. It was a pretty generic beat em up but at least it was more Batman Returns on SNES than Batman Forever on SNES.

I only had Batman Forever on Sega GameGear, never played on anything else.

What I mean is in regards to setting up more films for him as Batman (which ultimately never materialized after Returns):
*Batman's two biggest villains (Joker and Penguin) are now dead. Plus, we'll never now how Billy Dee Williams would've fared as Two-Face (who got killed off too in Batman Forever under Joel Schumacher, who otherwise kept the villains alive), assuming that Tim Burton actually planed to use him again in another sequel.

*The man who killed Bruce Wayne's parents (Jack Napier, the future Joker) is dead, thus it seems like in a way, Keaton's Bruce really doesn't have much of a place to go (since he avenged his parents' murders in the first movie) as a character besides simply going around and "doing his thing" as Batman.

*The two biggest loves of Bruce's life (Vicki Vale and Selina Kyle) left him on rather murky and unpleasant terms. With the change over from the Tim Burton regime to the Joel Schumacher regime in Forever, will never get those "loose ends" involving Vicki and/or Selina properly resolved and wrapped up. Thus, the final time that we'll see Michael Keaton as Bruce Wayne is an extremely bittersweet and downright depressing note (when compared to the triumphant and hopeful note that the first movie ended on).

*Keaton's Batman is still presumably, wanted by the police for the murder (for which Penguin and Catwoman framed him for) of the Ice Princess.

1h0pCbl.jpg

8IKhSWm.jpg

*Keaton's Batman is still presumably, wanted by the police for the murder (for which Penguin and Catwoman framed him for) of the Ice Princess.

I'd always assumed that the batsignal lighting at the end meant Batman was in the clear. Though how I don't know.

TMC1982 said:
Actually in the comic adaptation there's a panel at the end of the Mayor asking Gordon "will he ever forgive us?" as they're both looking up towards the Bat-signal.

Not to mention there's the whole fiasco of Penguin crashing Max Shreck's party just making the Penguin more guilty.

Not to mention there's the whole fiasco of Penguin crashing Max Shreck's party just making the Penguin more guilty.

But how does that make Batman look innocent? Penguin was never connected to what happened to the Ice Princess.

okay that is the first honest to god belly laugh of the new year :funny:

But how does that make Batman look innocent? Penguin was never connected to what happened to the Ice Princess.
uhh ...ehh ..duh ..maybe the following morning Batman did a press conference proving his innocence, I don't know use your imagination. :woot:

yeah, I don't think batman stood a trial, but obviously, the people of gotham would understand it was a setup.

This is really the best christmas movie ever. so beautiful. The bluray really is a thing of beauty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"