The Official Batman vs. Superman Discussion/Speculation Thread!!

boywonder13

Sidekick
Reaction score
Since there are Batman/Superman threads in the Batman Begins and Superman Returns threads and there are bound to be more, I suggest that we have one in neutral ground, like in the DC Comics Films.

FACTS

• This movie was going to come out in 2003/2004 with Wolfgang Petresen (Troy) driecting it and Andrew Kevin Walker (Seven) writing it. BUt production fell apart when the WB decided to focus on seperate franchises and Wolfgang Petersen left.
  • Brandon Routh signed a three picture deal with Warner Bros. Two Superman movies, and One batman vs. Superman movie. http://www.comics2film.com/FanFrame.php?f_id=10344
  • Qoutes from the WB: on this project:
"It all depends now on the success of Superman Returns. The current script is superb." - Charles Roven

We know Singer has said stuff. Christian Bale is interested in doing this film, so is David Goyer.

This can be backed up by: http://www.comics2film.com/ProjectFrame.php?f_id=53&f_page=4 a resource of past news on this project.
----

Beauce it seems that the two franchises are going to grow before the batman vs. Superman movie comes out it pushes the release date back a couple of year.

If Batman Begins sequels shoot back to back coming out in 2008/2009 and the Superman Returns sequel coming in 2009(Routh signed in for one,and one batman vs. Superman).

I say the release date will be 2011 or 2012. This movie will also fnish the franchises because I dont think the actorsor people working on these movie will want to do more,they will want to move on and also because the Batman vs. Superman early script pretty much happens when Bruce has hung up his cape and cowel as Batman, he's retired so....

This will be the end of the two respective franchises....

Discusss...its gonna be a long wait

:) :eek: :up:

I say it'll be atleast 6 years before it's something serious.

I mean, I think ATLEAST 2 films for Batman, and 2 films for Superman, will be needed to get there. And, I think Bats and Supes can EASILY have 3 films each......supposedly, there's already rumors that the BATMAN 3 film will be of Two-Face....so, maybe more than 6 years.

i've said this in another thread somewhere, but i'm getting that wierd sort of "Spidey sense" that these Batman and Superman franchises are gonna get two movies apiece then the 3rd film for both would be the World's Finest movie. i dunno why. truthfully i want each franchises to have three movies apiece then start fresh with the WF movie but i just cant shake this feeling off.

I think that Superman Returns will be getting only one more sequel, thant Batman vs. Superman. Because it was reported that Routh signed on for 3 pictures and possibly a Batman vs. Superman for the third and the second a sequel to Returns.

ChrisBaleBatman said:
I say it'll be atleast 6 years before it's something serious.

I mean, I think ATLEAST 2 films for Batman, and 2 films for Superman, will be needed to get there. And, I think Bats and Supes can EASILY have 3 films each......supposedly, there's already rumors that the BATMAN 3 film will be of Two-Face....so, maybe more than 6 years.

Batman Begins sequels are rumored to be fillmed back to back so that a 2008/2009 relase schedule or maybe even in the same year liek The last 2 Matrix Films.

boywonder13 said:
I think that Superman Returns will be getting only one more sequel, thant Batman vs. Superman. Because it was reported that Routh signed on for 3 pictures and possibly a Batman vs. Superman for the third and the second a sequel to Returns.
Bale was rumored to have the same contract, and look how that's turning out.

http://www.iesb.net/rumors/movies060405.php

Christian Bale told the IESB today during the Batman Begins press junket that Superman vs Batman could happen down the line but not as an immediate sequel but instead after a few more Batman solo successes.

---

Bale will proably do it, but not anytime soon....

Good, now we can look forward to sperate franchises. Amen to that!

yah, if they even loosely base it on the BvS script written it would be an ending to both the Batman and Superman Franchises featuring Bale and ROuth.

Brandon Routh said hes cool with doing it as long as Batman and Superman arent fighting each other, he said they shouldnt be doing that for the whole film (like in that old script). Brandon seems to be a fan of the material.

yah I think everybody is excited about doing this film, but because they are busty with their own franchises and the actors needing breaks and do other work it's gonna take a couple of years.

but it will be well worth the wait.

Here's an early story board for the "Superman vs. Batman" movie:

0608.png

BVS isn't happening soon.

I mean, don't get me wrong...I can't wait to see it if it ever happens, but I can wait for perfection. (which is what Captain America, Spidey 3, and BVS will be)

Anyways, I don't want them to change the plot at all...I like it the way it is. The only problem is that they'll have to have Robin in BB3 or in his own spinoff so they'll make sense when they say "5 years after The Boy Wonder Robin's death....." but BVS is going to be great!

JBElliott said:
Here's an early story board for the "Superman vs. Batman" movie:

0608.png

LOL! this is a good one! :D:up:

boywonder13 said:
Batman Begins sequels are rumored to be fillmed back to back so that a 2008/2009 relase schedule or maybe even in the same year liek The last 2 Matrix Films.
its been a while since i last heard about this. does it still hold water?

boywonder13 said:
http://www.iesb.net/rumors/movies060405.php

Christian Bale told the IESB today during the Batman Begins press junket that Superman vs Batman could happen down the line but not as an immediate sequel but instead after a few more Batman solo successes.

---

Bale will proably do it, but not anytime soon....

is that all its says man? page is gone now :(

i really hope you're saving these webpages somewhere on your HD dude, things like this can dissapear over time.

ok Steel Sheen I will keep these pages up....

1. Batman Begins 2 and 3 will proably go back to back cause the stories rely on each other like Pirates of the Carribean 2,3 and the Matrix 2,3.
Even though BB has sort of a cliffhanger ending, it isnt as deep as the ones I mentioned were.

It's also a returning trend to do movies back to back, they did that in the 70s, and 80s and started doing it again and it wokred with movies LIke Lotr, Matrix and stuff.

It think it will film back to back because its a popular trend....:up: and evrybody wants theirBatman 2 adn 3!

So that WB does Batman vs Superman movie thanks but no thanks :down.

well i dont like Batman versus Superman :down but i'm all for a World's Finest movie:up:

^^ or he could be campaigning for it and Batman and Superman will try to stop him.

as cheesy as the WF fan movie looked (understably so) that premise is pretty good.

I can't image Hackman's/Spaceys Luthor wanting to become President.....

he doesnt care about power, he cares about LAND!

:)

Spacey's Luthor could want it I mean who wouldn't wanna be President of US then destroy Superman and Batman along the way.

Spacy's Luthor becomes president...War time powers, eminent domain, killing superman after he wins the world's trust.

After seeing the TMNT trailer I think it would be cool if Kevin Munroe (the writer/director) did a CG Batman/Superman movie set in the BB/SR Universe...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"