The Official Casting The Superman Reboot Thread - Part 2

Dunno bout Grint. His face became famous because of one character, and that's who most would see. I dont know if WB wanna see Ron in a Superman-movie. But who knows. Might be great, and WB knows him.

I ****ing love that fat son of gun John Goodman. He's a hometown boy(kinda) and I love him for Perry. He'd be perfect.

Dunno bout Grint. His face became famous because of one character, and that's who most would see. I dont know if WB wanna see Ron in a Superman-movie. But who knows. Might be great, and WB knows him.
I'm getting sick of this comment whenever Grint is suggested for Jimmy. You really think Yelchin and LaBeouf and all these other young actors suggested for Jimmy are too famous? Spare me.

I'm getting sick of this comment whenever Grint is suggested for Jimmy. You really think Yelchin and LaBeouf and all these other young actors suggested for Jimmy are too famous? Spare me.

Well, they're not limited by being known for just one role. And Grint has been associated with this role for more than 10 years.

Probably too big for the role, but I'm still a fan of De Niro for Perry :)
images

And of course, JDM, who is probably too small for the role :D

jeffrey_dean_morgan_96.jpg

So what. Mark Hamill was only known as Luke Skywalker for forever before he started voicing Joker in a cartoon, and honestly, he's gotten more praise there than he ever got for Star Wars.

Same can be said for a lot of tv stars of the 90s being more household names in other roles.

They are all actors, the good ones are able to shake the publics eyes of seeing them in just one role.

I'm still hoping that Zack brings on Stephen McHattie as Perry White.

Hamill as a cartoon-character doesnt really count since it's a speaking-role. Other than that he's famous for nada.

And besides, I never said no to Grint, merely pointed out his "baggage".

Just some what if castings.
John Corbin..Colin Farrell or Kiefer Sutherland
Brainiac..Jude Law or Keanu Reeves
Dr. Emil Hamilton...Jakie Earle Haley

So what. Mark Hamill was only known as Luke Skywalker for forever before he started voicing Joker in a cartoon, and honestly, he's gotten more praise there than he ever got for Star Wars.

Same can be said for a lot of tv stars of the 90s being more household names in other roles.

They are all actors, the good ones are able to shake the publics eyes of seeing them in just one role.

Per your point, Zack Morris is one of the most famous and recognizable "one-time characters" ever. Nobody gave a **** about that when MPG showed up for four seasons on NYPD Blue, two seasons of Raising the Bar, and now in his first season of Franklin & Bash. Why? Because he's good.

And it may possibly have been even harder for MPG because a majority of the people who watch/watched him in those other shows are the same ones who grew up with him as the Morris character (example: me) or the parents of said people.

William Fichtner is awesome in everything. Thus, he'd make an awesome Perry.

Sadly though, he was used for five minutes in TDK so that probably immediately nixes him from consideration.

Nah, his bank character died in TDK, he's good for Perry. :oldrazz:

Plus, considering the Batman reboot happens after TDKR, I don't think it would be a problem.

If Lex is in it, i've got my heart set on Isaacs, but Fichtner would be a good rebound.

Who would've thunk a petty bank manager from Gotham would be Superman's ultimate nemesis?

Who would've thunk a petty bank manager from Gotham would be Superman's ultimate nemesis?

Who would have thought a blonde, flamboyant detective who loves little dogs would be a Colonel in the NASA program who helped saved the world or the Devils' right hand man? :word:

Let alone two Robin Hoods as both of Superman's dads.

That explains everything.

Well if it didn't then there would be no way I could explain how a farmer who played baseball and built a baseball field became a small town farmer baseball coach who went pro as a pitcher late and then who became a farmer back in the fields of....

...oh wait, I'm doing it wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"