• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

The Amazing Spider-Man The Official Emma Stone/Gwen Stacy thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah that is a good point. It wouldn't hurt if it did though, I guess. I still hope that Gwen's death (if there is one) has an impact on the audience because her death doesn't have to do a lot with a villain, the way Rachels death had a large impact on Two Face.

Well with Gwen's death being solely on Peter, I think the audience will understand the death more and the effect towards Peter, but with Rachel, her death effects a hero AND a villain and I think what we received in The Dark Knight was plenty enough, but with Gwen Stacy's death, I think we will receive more, and the audience will feel that as well.

This would be great.

I am counting out on six films, because honestly that would be too many, but I'd be satisfied with four and using that kind of progression with Gwen Stacy, then Gwen and Mary Jane, then Gwen's death, and finally a film just focusing on Peter and MJ. And honestly, since they were only friends after Gwen died, I'd be fine with a fourth film just focusing on their friendship and only hinting on their eventual relationship.

I am counting out on six films, because honestly that would be too many, but I'd be satisfied with four and using that kind of progression with Gwen Stacy, then Gwen and Mary Jane, then Gwen's death, and finally a film just focusing on Peter and MJ. And honestly, since they were only friends after Gwen died, I'd be fine with a fourth film just focusing on their friendship and only hinting on their eventual relationship.

Agreed, I can't imagine they would be able to hold onto Webb and Garfield for six films. I don't want sequels with a different cast and director either.

That would be a really interesting take just having them be friends. We have (more or less) already seen Peter and MJ in a romantic relationship so focusing on the foundation of their future romance would be refreshing.

If you know Hollywood enough, you should understand that there is no way there will be 6 films with the same crew and cast.

It'd be nice but hell no. For one example, if the space between each film was 2(bound to be longer for later installments)...there would be a 12 year minimum.

I was hoping we'd get to 6 films with Raimi's franchise. I don't think any superhero franchise has gone that far yet.

Yeah that is a good point. It wouldn't hurt if it did though, I guess. I still hope that Gwen's death (if there is one) has an impact on the audience because her death doesn't have to do a lot with a villain, the way Rachels death had a large impact on Two Face.

Agreed :up: Iwant it ot be utterly and completely heartwrenching for the audience, which is why I think she should die in the third movie, not the second. If you want the audience be completely impacted by the death, then they have to like/ love the character first.

Also, I think in her death scene, there shouldn't be any dialougue or score, nothing. should be completely silent. CRACK! you hear the sound of her neck cracking, you hear Peter cry Gwen's name as he pulls her back up, then the score comes in VERY softly.

I was hoping we'd get to 6 films with Raimi's franchise. I don't think any superhero franchise has gone that far yet.

Well technically speaking.lol...if we look at the all of the X Men Films being under one franchise, along with the MCU Films and the Avengers being one other franchise as well..then we'll soon get two superhero franchises that'll have 6 films under their belts:

X-Men
X-2
X-Men: The Last Stand
X-Men Origins: Wolverine
X-Men: First Class

And Soon to Be: The Wolverine

Iron Man
The Incredible Hulk
Iron Man 2
Thor
Captain America: The First Avenger

And Soon to be: The Avengers

Agreed, I can't imagine they would be able to hold onto Webb and Garfield for six films. I don't want sequels with a different cast and director either.

That would be a really interesting take just having them be friends. We have (more or less) already seen Peter and MJ in a romantic relationship so focusing on the foundation of their future romance would be refreshing.

Exactly. Four films would be plenty and to also spread out the development with Gwen and Mary Jane respectively.

And, as much as Webb as mentioned he doesn't want to be showing what Raimi did beforehand, I think just have Peter and MJ as friends would be perfectly fine. We know they belong together in the end, so only hinting that relationship would be perfect. Much like TSSM.

If Spider-Man 3 was amazing, I'd be excited to see three other films in that series, and Raimi had talked about six films from the very beginning if I recall. Talk of the Sinister Six were even mentioned as well, but that would've been a disaster, especially with Doc Ock becoming a good guy at the very last second.

I want at least 4... >_>

Four would be very refreshing with this whole "trilogy only!!!!!" nonsense on everything "franchise"-esque recently. Hell, even the new Planet of the Apes are being talked in doing only a trilogy which is stupid. That should at least make more films than the previous series.

Exactly. Four films would be plenty and to also spread out the development with Gwen and Mary Jane respectively.

And, as much as Webb as mentioned he doesn't want to be showing what Raimi did beforehand, I think just have Peter and MJ as friends would be perfectly fine. We know they belong together in the end, so only hinting that relationship would be perfect. Much like TSSM.

It would be nice to see why they eventually work out so well as a couple. In Raimi's films Peter always just sort of liked MJ and it was never explained why.

Agreed :up: Iwant it ot be utterly and completely heartwrenching for the audience, which is why I think she should die in the third movie, not the second. If you want the audience be completely impacted by the death, then they have to like/ love the character first.

Also, I think in her death scene, there shouldn't be any dialougue or score, nothing. should be completely silent. CRACK! you hear the sound of her neck cracking, you hear Peter cry Gwen's name as he pulls her back up, then the score comes in VERY softly.

Completely agree with you when you say that Gwen should die in the third movie. It would make the audience like her more and to me if she died in the second then it would feel too much like the batman trilogy, tbh. It isn't like Gwen will be automatically loved just because its her third movie though, they still need to make her, y'know, like-able. I didn't like Mary Jane too much by the third film, or care that much that she was kidnapped, probably because it was the third time in three movies. As for the scene with Gwen's death, That could be great too. I think there are many ways to make that scene great, I just wanna see how marc webb handles it.

Completely agree with you when you say that Gwen should die in the third movie. It would make the audience like her more and to me if she died in the second then it would feel too much like the batman trilogy, tbh. It isn't like Gwen will be automatically loved just because its her third movie though, they still need to make her, y'know, like-able. I didn't like Mary Jane too much by the third film, or care that much that she was kidnapped, probably because it was the third time in three movies. As for the scene with Gwen's death, That could be great too. I think there are many ways to make that scene great, I just wanna see how marc webb handles it.

Yeah I agree, especially on making her a like-able character, but I think especially with Emma Stone portraying her in this one, on account that the writing is good, she could really become a favourite of the GA. Which will make it heart-breaking when they finally do her death. You have to grow with the character in the same sort of way you grow with getting to know peopl. I think, though I know some will disagree, but 2 films isn't enough, and Gwen deserves to have her story fully told, there's much material to use with her in the comics, I think this should be her trilogy in a way. (and if they do a fourth, bring in MJ in the third but not as a lead character and tell her part of her part of the story in the fourth, but keep em as friends).

Yeah I agree, especially on making her a like-able character, but I think especially with Emma Stone portraying her in this one, on account that the writing is good, she could really become a favourite of the GA. Which will make it heart-breaking when they finally do her death. You have to grow with the character in the same sort of way you grow with getting to know peopl. I think, though I know some will disagree, but 2 films isn't enough, and Gwen deserves to have her story fully told, there's much material to use with her in the comics, I think this should be her trilogy in a way. (and if they do a fourth, bring in MJ in the third but not as a lead character and tell her part of her part of the story in the fourth, but keep em as friends).
Agreed! Couldn't have said it any better.

So, Emma looks amazing in the new trailer. Love her smile at the dinner table. :woot:

This is going to seem like heresy but I don't think Gwen should die. (She shouldn't have died in the comics either :() So far from what we've seen, the whole set up of Gwen's family and Gwen's character is infinitely superior to anything with got with Dunst's MJ. That's not to say they cant do MJ well, but I don't want to see Gwen done so well only to face the chopping block for an uncertain future lead. We'll see, we'll see.

tumblr_lyzgcwYTPx1qeg35no1_250.jpg
tumblr_lyzgcwYTPx1qeg35no2_250.jpg

Emma in Rio.

I'm surprised the mods haven't closed this thread yet. Or do they only close it after 1,001 posts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"