• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Official Ghost Rider Hype Lounge!

rasputin386

Civilian
Reaction score
Ok, I dont' know about anyone else, but I am Hyped! for Ghost Rider next year! In here lets post about everything from casting ideas, to story ideas, to things you want to see! As long as its about the Ghost Rider film, it should be discussed! This is The Official Ghost Rider Hype Thread! Let the posting commence you crazy Hypsters!

-The Heroic Hemophiliac ;)

i'm hyped too...
i can't think of anything intelligent or an idea to say...
:ghost:

Let me throw in some ideas then. Who do you think the villain should be? Who should star? What scenes or storylines from the comics should be included? Thats just to get things movin'!

-The Heroic Hemophiliac

I'm hyped! GR could be a cool film if done right. Wonder what kind of cameo Stan will have in that one?

Yeah I can't wait for the movie to come out. As far as a villian in the movie I think Blackout could be cool.

Originally posted by rasputin386
Let me throw in some ideas then. Who do you think the villain should be? Who should star? What scenes or storylines from the comics should be included? Thats just to get things movin'!

-The Heroic Hemophiliac
sorry rasputin386...i'm really too tired, but see you tomorrow ! ;)

Who would you all prefer, Nicholas Cage or Kiefer Sutherland?

-The Heroic Hemophiliac

Ahhh yes..GR....the movie ive been waiting to see since 1983. man i hope this time it happens....
anyway the main villain will HAVE to be Satan...which i think will be played by Voight.
now i bet there will be other villains too for gR to pummel.....voight will probably be the dude sending blaze on these little "errands". because if i remember correctly the main idea behind the script was that blaze agrees to become ghost rider in order to save the woman he loves (roxanne )
i bet they will take ideas from both the 70s and 90s books for the story. blackheart is a another possibility ..which may be a cool idea. satan wants his son dead and gets blaze (GR) to hunt him down . maybe even blackheart took blaze's wife or even kills her. have blaze start out at the carnival as a stunt cyclist and have blackheart ride in w/ some cronies. they proceed to destroy everything in sight...maybe even kill blaze's adopted father crash simpson and take roxanne w/ them. the authorities cant help..so blaze gets desperate and makes a deal w/ voight.
supporting characters could be the few remaining survivors of the carnival.
this is stretching the mythos a bit..but marvel has been doing that w/ alot of thier movies

I'm familiar with Ghost Rider but not with his Rogues Gallery anyone know who the likely villians would be? Also is this going to be Jonny Blaze GR or Dan Ketch GR. Maybe with the film coming 2004 (i believe) Marvel will release an ongoing comic! Regardless what people think of MSJ directing DD i think he will do the character justice.

i prefer nic cage !
BIGGUN, i love your ideas !
and..does anybody know some good ghost rider fanpages ?

Tanks Poki :)
the style will have to be treated like a action movie w/ lots of horror thrown in. it would be cool to have a scene w/ blaze and voight talking in some little bar in the middle of nowhere....use lots of shadows and very little light on voight. and behind him have a few shadows move on their own (w/ some whispering...like they were alive) .....this would give both blaze and the audience that voight is not quite "right". maybe this could be the scene where blaze realizes he just screwed up BIG time by making a deal w/ this guy.
GR doesnt really have a really strong list of villains like say spider man but some will make some good movie villains. lesse..theres centurious, steel wind, scarecrow, the orb, blackout, blackheart, zodiak, nightmare, deathwatch, snowblind, maybe even vengeance.
one thing im waiting impatiently to see is the merchandising and hype!! movie posters, theater standups (which im goin to get one way or another if they make em!!!!), drink cups...heh. im also curious if they are going to try and have a figure line...like x2 or hulk. or would they go the one figure route like daredevil....which would suck imo. GR i think has better potential as a entire line.
i do hope they make a 12" marvel studio figure....that would be sweet.

hey BIGGUN, keep on writing, i love your ideas !
thanks, rasputin386 for the link, i'm reading it now...(well, not now exactly but...ya know ! ;) )
i hope they really do an entire line of gr figures, because i missed at least an elektra figure...
but anyway i'm happy when they put at least one ghost rider figure !
i really hope they use mephisto as a major villain and handle blackheart as some kind of henchmen (but not one who dies after some minutes screentime, but a real challenge !)

dammit seems like the script review doesn't include any blackheart or any real villain...

Yeah i read that script review too...that last line from the reviewer tells all about it...."What really worries me is that many comic book movies are aimed at that annoying PG-13 rating. Bringing this script in under that rating would absolutely gut it of everything I liked. If that happens, it might not even be worth watching."

if violence is the only thing that makes a script good then there is something terribly wrong...there has to be more than just violence. the entire "American Indian" thing is not needed imo.
why they felt they need to make blaze a man who has a criminal past is beyond me....in the books he was a good and honest man. now i dont like this script but they had some really cool ideas on how GR would look like and some of the things he would do...i hope they keep them in this new script that MSJ is working on now. these were mentioned by goyer and norrington ....they dont appear in that script review.
here is some of the stuff im talking about:
1. one scene has blaze walk into a room which is lit by hundreds of candles....when he walks in all of the flames bend toward him!
2. GR doesnt have a "set" outfit. whatever blaze is wearing it would be exaggerated when he transforms...collar becomes wider/longer, spikes appear, ect. there was one incredibly cool concept drawing by Bernie Wrightson that had GR in a trenchcoat, holding his chain in one hand, exposed skeletal hands and ribcage billowing all of this fire and smoke. (if someone still has it post away!)
3. if ghost rider touches ANY bike it will become his "hellcycle".
4. one scene has GR turn over a large truck/car w/ one hand.
5. GR revs up his bike and takes off while melting the asphalt street and blowing out all the widows in the area due to the sonic boom.
6. i remember hearing about this a while back but im not sure if they might use it....Blaze uses a shotgun (like in the 90's book)..when he becomes GR he touches the gun .....it changes ...and GR can fire hellfire out of it.

BIGGUN, man, I like your ideas a lot! Could you dig up this script for me and e-mail it to me? If you can, my address is [email protected] thenks a lot, and keep those sweet ideas coming guys!

-The Heroic Hemophiliac

originally posted by bigguns
anyway the main villain will HAVE to be Satan...which i think will be played by Voight.

man that must be a kick in the pants, u've gotten so scary, people are peggin u to play satan

Thanks Rasputin.....
nice to know all those years of dreaming of a GR film didnt go to waste! heh
anyway let me know if you got those pics ok...i also found a link which all of you may find usefull:

http://www.countingdown.com/search?query=ghost+rider

this is a listing at countingdown.com .....has all of those ultra cool Bernie Wrightson drawings, they even have the quote that goyer mentioned about GRs outfit as well as a scene from the movie. keep in mind this is for the R script which wont be used...but some elements may find thier way into the new draft.

Originally posted by BIGGUN
Yeah i read that script review too...that last line from the reviewer tells all about it...."What really worries me is that many comic book movies are aimed at that annoying PG-13 rating. Bringing this script in under that rating would absolutely gut it of everything I liked. If that happens, it might not even be worth watching."

if violence is the only thing that makes a script good then there is something terribly wrong...there has to be more than just violence. the entire "American Indian" thing is not needed imo.
why they felt they need to make blaze a man who has a criminal past is beyond me....in the books he was a good and honest man. now i dont like this script but they had some really cool ideas on how GR would look like and some of the things he would do...i hope they keep them in this new script that MSJ is working on now. these were mentioned by goyer and norrington ....they dont appear in that script review.
here is some of the stuff im talking about:
1. one scene has blaze walk into a room which is lit by hundreds of candles....when he walks in all of the flames bend toward him!
2. GR doesnt have a "set" outfit. whatever blaze is wearing it would be exaggerated when he transforms...collar becomes wider/longer, spikes appear, ect. there was one incredibly cool concept drawing by Bernie Wrightson that had GR in a trenchcoat, holding his chain in one hand, exposed skeletal hands and ribcage billowing all of this fire and smoke. (if someone still has it post away!)
3. if ghost rider touches ANY bike it will become his "hellcycle".
4. one scene has GR turn over a large truck/car w/ one hand.
5. GR revs up his bike and takes off while melting the asphalt street and blowing out all the widows in the area due to the sonic boom.
6. i remember hearing about this a while back but im not sure if they might use it....Blaze uses a shotgun (like in the 90's book)..when he becomes GR he touches the gun .....it changes ...and GR can fire hellfire out of it.

i also thought that american indian stuff wasn't necessary !
i love what you wrote there...keep writing..
can't wait...

Heres something you guys might find interesting...Rasputin thought i should post it so here goes!
its not a big deal but its a sign that we may have a fellow fan in charge of the marvel movies. this happened sometime in 93...like many peeps i was waiting for Toy Biz to finally do a Ghost Rider figure......at the time TB kept pushing their xmen stuff and the regular marvel assortment was stuck w/ repaints. no GR! i got fed up and decided to write the head of Marvel Toys himself...Avi Arad. i pretty much felt there would be little chance of getting a response...the letter would have been trashed. i just did it to let off some steam. in a nutshell i just said in the letter i was a huge fan of GR....going all the way back to 77 and was GREATLY disapointed that marvel decided to concentrate on their other characters. well a few weeks went by and i recieved a letter from Avi Arad ...asking me to call him! stunned i did and we talked for about 5-10 minutes. really nice guy too. Recognized me as "oh yeah that ghost rider guy in texas"....heh.
he said he was a huge GR fan as well and had some big plans. he told me GR was being worked on as a movie ( keep in mind this was in 1993) ...already had a poster made up as well. it would be about blaze but the outfit would look more like the ketch version. he said that this was his pet project and that the movie would be made eventually no matter what! also told me other things that came true...a GR figure line, and the blade movie that it was going to be a R rated film. we also talked about how he was interested in making a cartoon of GR as well...
Just shows that Arad can be a really cool dude :) makes me feel a little easier knowing we have a "insider" at marvel..heh
if they ever succeed in making GR i may just send him another letter just to thank him for the hard work of keeping the idea alive...only this time make sure my handwriting doesnt look like chickenscratch...lol

Originally posted by The Striker
Wonder what kind of cameo Stan will have in that one?

It would be cool if there was a fight at a roadhouse, and Stan was behind the bar grabbed a shotgun and fired at GR. Then GR grabs the gun with the chain, and Stan wets his pants.

Nice, MarvelMovies! We need a good Ghost Rider fanpage!

-The Heroic Hemophiliac

yeah, thanks i missed something like that on the web ! and thanks again BIGGUN, interesting to read that !

I am looking forward to this film and hope that it is as dark as possible.I am not thrilled with the choice of nicolas cage but think its a million times better than Ben Affleck as Daredevil.I would have loved Johnny Depp as Blaze but it seems thats out of the question now....

One thing I want to see:

GR's bike as a Harley-type chopper, not some modern street bike. Keep the flaming wheels from the Dan Ketch-era GR, though - that's a cool visual. Trails of fire left behind on the street as he passes - that sort of thing.

There should be some kind of chase sequence, where cops or the villains or somebody try to catch GR as he's screeching along at 125 MPH. Just when they think they've got him cornered, GR runs the bike up the side of a building or a wall, laughing the whole way.

That would be a vehicle chase sequence we haven't seen before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"