Gotham The Official Gotham News and discussion thread - Part 5

Schweet promo. :up:

Glad they're at least bringing back the 'corruption within Wayne Foundation' storyline. Figured it'd be forgotten.

Schweet promo. :up:

Glad they're at least bringing back the 'corruption within Wayne Foundation' storyline. Figured it'd be forgotten.

I know. I hope that Lucius doesn't get murdered by Ivy this season. I love how they are handling Poison Ivy despite recast.

I know. I hope that Lucius doesn't get murdered by Ivy this season. I love how they are handling Poison Ivy despite recast.

I'm assuming she's going to be paying a visit to Ace Chemicals, in case that scene with her and Lucius is any indication.

That preview was so good!

If only Ivy had instead said "First, I was Clare Foley...then I was Maggie Geha...now I'm Peyton List...next season, I'm going full-on Uma Thurman."

From what I saw from the likes of Selina, Nygma, Oswald, Jerome, it almost feels like the full transformation of these characters from their infancy to the villains we know them as in Batman lore is near completion.

I liked this trailer a lot !

Unless there's some sort of loophole, yep. :oldrazz:

Really weird.

How about Jim becomes Batman- he's already got the gruff voice and fighting against all of Batman's rogues.
Bruce has a breakdown after seeing his destiny and instead becomes the Joker.
And Jerome...just decides to call himself Harley Quinn just because.

It's gonne be a giant clusterf*** of reactions if there's not more to this than meets the eye.

If Mark Hamill says you're the Joker, it's immediately fact. Sorry, I don't make the rules. :o

Barbara's hairstyles are all over this season. :funny:

David teasing Joker again:

"Undoubtedly, nobody's denying this, Jerome looks like the Joker without the pale face and green hair, so what does that mean?," Mazouz asked us. "I'll tell you what that means. It means that Jerome is not the Joker."

The young actor went on to explain that the tie between Jerome and Joker is one that people definitely won't see coming.

"It really is one of the biggest shocks," Mazouz continued. "I think it's safe to say that this kind of transition is not only the smartest thing, but the biggest kind of surprise that Gotham has thrown at its audience. Gotham loves to kind of have a shocker moment. I mean, I'm sure we'd love to have crazy cliff hangers, but this is one that is not even on the same level as anything we've done before. I mean, the second I read that in the script, I was like, 'Oh my God. Yes. That is perfect.'

"We've been asking ourselves this question, 'Is Jerome the Joker? He obviously is acting a lot like the Joker. Is he the Joker?' This is a perfect way to answer that, because we don't want to say yes, but we don't want to say no. We don't want to say no because Jerome is so much like the Joker, so what they end up doing is kind of a great balanced way to answer that question and to have Jerome maybe be involved in the creation of the Joker but have him not be the Joker.

In his final comment on the matter, Mazouz made sure to reiterate that Jerome and Joker were not the same person, but he had a very coy way of saying it.

"He [Jerome] is not the man that will have green hair and a pale face. He's not that man."

http://comicbook.com/dc/2018/02/28/gotham-jerome-joker-relationship-david-mazouz/

And here's a recent vid with the Gotham producers. Skip to 7:19 for that portion of the video.

[YT]lVPg4ltnvcU[/YT]

Danny Cannon also uses some, um, quite peculiar words about Jerome there...

Coupled that with some noticeable spoiler-ific stuff regarding him, courtesy of BobaTalks on YouTube, I honestly don't know what to think of all this.

Last edited:
Jim Gordon is not a quitter. Four seasons into Gotham, he has been knocked down — oftentimes literally — more times than fans can count. The latest beating? Sofia Falcone revealing that she’s been pulling the strings, even having her own father killed in order to gain control of Gotham. “The arc of the first half of the season was a wonderful long game where you could sense that Jim was getting caught up in all this stuff that was ultimately outside of his control,” star Ben McKenzie tells EW. “The fact that Sofia ultimately betrays him is kind of the ultimate justice for Jim in a way — that he has to pay the sins of needing to do what he has to do to defeat Penguin.”

But don’t expect this latest betrayal to keep Jim down, either. Rather, McKenzie sees every setback as another building block. One day, all of Jim’s trials will come together to form the man that comic book fans have been reading about for years. “He has an almost never-ending supply of resilience,” McKenzie says of Jim. “The character that I always imagined him to be from the comics, the elder Jim Gordon, is one of those guys who’s been hardened to the point of becoming steel. So he wills himself through the day each and every day, but around him, the city starts to crumble and his internal life is in shambles. His ability to trust anyone, to form any meaningful relationships outside of work, is completely decimated. That’s how the elder Gordon always read to me in the comics so that’s what we’re trying to presage with what we’re doing here.”

And Jim’s already got his next test lined up for him… even if he doesn’t know it yet. As was revealed in the final moment’s of Gotham‘s mid-season finale, Jerome is back, and this time, he’s making friends. “Jerome is one of our most beloved characters. The idea here was to really give the audience more time to enjoy and savor [Cameron Monaghan’s] performance,” McKenzie says, pausing before he adds, “Or performances?” The answer to that will remain a secret for now, but there’s one aspect of Jerome’s return that McKenzie can talk about. “He teams up with Scarecrow and Mad Hatter. You get a lot of villainous bang for your buck here at the end of season 4.”

Speaking of bang for your buck, Gotham‘s fourth season has offered some of its strongest hours to date. With each year, the show seems to better understand its identity and grow more comfortable playing in the world it’s built. “We’ve learned a lot over the four years. There were so many cooks in the kitchen initially, from the studio to DC to people on the ground making the show, that I think we struggled for a little bit to wrap our heads around what it is and what it isn’t,” McKenzie says. “The characters are deeply rooted in the world that we’re portraying, so now they can interact in all these interesting and unexpected ways. We understand now that the audience seems to enjoy those relationships at their core. Gotham tells a uniquely, humorously dark tale. It’s a truly wild and dystopian version of the Batman saga that is more like the Tim Burton version — it has that kind of wink and glean in its eye, as opposed to the colder but brilliant Nolan version. It’s not camp, but it’s also not afraid of being quite large and over the top with performances. I’m proud of where it’s gone.”

http://ew.com/tv/2018/02/28/gotham-season-4-ben-mckenzie-jerome-return/

And Ben McKenzie's comments seem to add to the theories that Cameron will still play the Joker in some capacity.

"performances"

How about Jim becomes Batman- he's already got the gruff voice and fighting against all of Batman's rogues.
Bruce has a breakdown after seeing his destiny and instead becomes the Joker.
And Jerome...just decides to call himself Harley Quinn just because.

:up:

As long as Penguin stays Penguin, we're all good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"