The Official Green Lantern Rumors/Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
DC comics produce their own web series, and in it they noted DC's plans for a Green Lantern film. When mentioning the film, they only use a picture of Hal Jordan.

If there were an intention to do John, i think a picture of him would've been used.

At 6m 43s

[YT]-tebs7u4xRg#t=6m43s[/YT]

I really think Hal will be our GL. All signs point to it. Geoff Johns turned Hal into an A list character at DC, and he has an important role at DC Entertainment. The main GL of the comics, movie, and animated appearances of the last 8 years has been Hal Jordan. WB/DC have done a lot to establish that Hal is THE Green Lantern. It'd be a huge surprise if he didn't show up again in Justice League.

IMO John and Guy should be introduced in the Green Lantern solo film. But Hal should be the main character in the solo film after being established in Justice League 1 and 2.

The most recent rumor about Tyrese came from Tyrese. Not sure about him as Stewart :o

1507970_876827442384721_6053227025595300165_n.jpg

Please be true :mrk:

If it's John, why did he post a picture of Hal? lol Plus is Latino Review a trustworthy source?

If it's John, why did he post a picture of Hal? lol Plus is Latino Review a trustworthy source?
Maybe he googled Green Lantern and got the first picture that popped up.

They're a 3 of 5 times accurate.

Lately in casting they have been accurately right. Delevigne, Viola Davis and some Marvel stuff.

El Mayimbe says he can't get confirmation but he's hearing a lot of "Chris Pine as Hal Jordan" out there.

As I said in the BvS thread I would like the rumor to be true.

My thoughts on the Chris Pine/Hal Jordan thing is.

Green Lantern needs to be revived in the eyes of the general audience, because the potential for such great cinematic stories for the character is there.

They should go with someone who is a familiar name, which will make the general audience feel comfortable and get on board with the new cinematic Green Lantern.

Christian Bale revived Batman to a new audience, brought the character to popularity again and made the hero WB/DC's golden goose.

A similar name is needed for Green Lantern, since the character has a lot of potential to have a Batman-like renaissance to the general audience.

WB/DC have their out of the box choices already, but it's time to break the pattern for this one.

It's vital to get general audience members and fans interested in Green Lantern, so maybe Chris Pine could the guy to do it.

Pine as Hal would be nice. If it's true, hopefully he can ditch some of the ST Kirk baggage.

I doubt it. His role is too similar to the Star Trek. and comparissons will be there. I think there are another options where they can have a similar effect that Pine would give to the GA.

I don't think the general audience is going to care enough to make comparisons.

I doubt it. His role is too similar to the Star Trek. and comparissons will be there. I think there are another options where they can have a similar effect that Pine would give to the GA.
For now everyone should doubt it because 100% believing rumors is a silly thing to do.

A couple of months ago I would have been with you but I've thought about it and actors play similar roles all of the time and the audience accepts it as long as they like the film. It's not a new thing.

What other well known options are similar to Pine, I can't think of any?

I will be in agony if it doesn't happen.

tumblr_nhuewtMI6V1rcdtjro1_500.gif

Chris Pine is the perfect Hal Jordan. Im just a bit concerned with the thought that he's already playing iconic space action hero in Kirk. But Id dig it if he was cast.

Pine would be perfect, and honestly I think he would elevate the JL films from his presence :up:

10yrs ago Nathan Fillion would have made the perfect Hal Jordan.... Pine is a good choice.

For now everyone should doubt it because 100% believing rumors is a silly thing to do.

A couple of months ago I would have been with you but I've thought about it and actors play similar roles all of the time and the audience accepts it as long as they like the film. It's not a new thing.

What other well known options are similar to Pine, I can't think of any?
Look, if he's cast I wouldn't be mad. But I doubt this rumor is true. Althought I may be wrong.

As for better options, Jake Gyllenhaal would be my ideal option, tho unlikely.

Pine would be a safe, but welcome choice.

Don't think he'll get it, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"