The official Justice League movie plot discussion thread.

protocida

Avenger
Reaction score
Hello, everyone. :woot:

As we all know, the project to adapt the Justice League of America to the big screen was postponed in order for Warner Brothers to make the individual movies first. But before that, the writers Kieran and Michelle Mulroney finished a Script for the JLA movie, and several details leaked on the Internet. I'm opening this thread so we can discuss it.

Here's what we've been told:

The movie would be a adaptation of "Tower of Babel", from Mark Waid, and "Omac Project" from Greg Rucka, with several concepts taken from the classic 60s stories.

The JLA would alredy be formed by the movies begining, and would have Superman (Clark Kent), Batman (Bruce Wayne), Wonder-Woman (Diana), Flash (Barry Allen), Green Lantern (John Stewart), Aquaman (Arthur Curry) and Martian Manhunter (John Jones) as the lineup. The villains would be Maxwell Lord, Talia Al Ghul and the Omacs. The JLA HeadQuarters would be the Hall of Justice in Washington, D.C.

The first draft of the movie was connected to "Superman Returns" and "Batman Begins", when Warner's plan was create spin-off franchises with the other League members.

The movie would start with Superman walking on the rooftop of a cathedral. He would be there as well as five other members of the Justice League (Wonder Woman, The Flash, Green Lantern, Aquaman and Martian Manhunter) because they are paying their respects at a funeral, grieving over the loss of someone that we don’t know as of yet. The funeral is a public event and as such Batman doesn’t show up until after all of the cameras have gone away. For now, the rest of the League is under the media spotlight, each of them showing their respects for the deceased by wearing blackned versions of their classic costumes.

And then we cut back to six days earlier in Central City…

Detective Barry Allen and his wife, Iris West, are eating lunch at a superhero themed restaurant called Planet Krypton. They are watching a television showing Wonder Woman addressing the United Nations. Barry makes a comment clearly showing an infatuation for Wonder Woman to which Iris promptly shoots him down.

From here we cut to the introduction of the Brother Eye satellite, a sleek, state-of-the-art surveillance satellite in orbit and owned by Wayne Industries. Batman sits in the Batcave, watching Barry and Iris enjoy their lunch. We see him adjust the controls and the image shifts to architect John Stewart (a.k.a. Green Lantern) sitting in his office unaware that he is being spied on. Batman flicks the dial and the image shifts again to show us Wonder Woman in the U.N., then to Aquaman and finally to the Martian Manhunter under his human disguise as Central City Detective John Jones. Batman hears a noise behind him and closes down the interface just before Alfred appears to speak with him about Bruce Wayne’s upcoming business meeting with business tycoon Maxwell Lord.

As Batman and Alfred depart the Batcave they don’t see the computer switch itself back on or the override for the Brother Eye program accessed remotely. Whomever is using the device resumes spying on Detective Jones/Martian Manhunter.

Jones is working police cases at the station when someone drops off a package on his desk. Upon opening the parcel a fine white powder explodes in his face. Zooming in we see that the powder are actually zillions of some kind of molecular-sized robots, nanobots. They settle on the Detective’s skin and the result is that the Manhunter loses control of his ability to change his shape. As shocked coworkers gaze on him we see Jones change his shape into a beautiful woman wearing a bikini and then into a mountain gorilla followed by a small child, a python and then into a ball of fire before he finally is able to regain some control and morph into the humanoid green guise we know as Martian Manhunter. Distraught and fearing for the safety of the others J’onn J’onzz flies off at great speed heading for a location in Colorado. Barry Allen manages to get a glimpse of the Manhunter streaking through the sky and has to excuse himself from Iris as The Flash rushes off after J’onn.

Eventually, it would be revealed that the causer of this situation was Lord, that hates superheroes and organized a big conspiracy to destroy them, especially the Justice League. He was the one that hacked Batman's computer and stole Brother-Eye. He alse stole Batman's secret files, that detailed how to defeat all the members of the JLA in case they turn evil. Lord programs an army of invencible androids know as OMACs (One Man Army Corps) with those informations, making them almost invencible. And Lord is not alone in this scheme. Talia Al Ghul, R'as Al Ghul's daughter, joins him to revenge her father, killed by Batman, by destroying something Batman admires: His team.

With the OMACs set to destroy the Leaguers, Lord starts the a new part of his plan: Using the Nanobots, he is able to manipulate MM's telephatic powers and uses it control Superman's mind and set him against Batman. exposed and sabotaged, The Dark Knight can only count with WW's help to defeat Superman (Problably via Kryptonite Ring). The trio would have a battle of biblical proportions.

Meanwhile, Barry supposedly assumes Blue Beetle's role in "Omac Project", investigating MM's kidnaping by himself and discovering Lord's plot, and eventually dieing. He would the the deceased from the begining of the movie.

Several battles would happen between Leaguers and Omacs, and, eventually, the heroes would reagroup and strike back, still divided by Batman's betrayal.

Major changes would happen with two members of the League: Wonder-Woman, that, at one point, would envolve Lord with her magic lasso and, upon hearing that she would have to kill him in order to free Superman, doesn't hesitate to break his neck, and the Flash, who would be replaced by his nephew, Wally West, who also has superpowers. The Flash saw in the begining of the movie would be him.

Everything would lead to a eventfull ending, full of plot twists and jaw-dropping action sequences. But the main one would be the reveal of a third villain, that would be secretly pulling the strings since the begining. The rumors said Lex Luthor and R'as Al Ghul. The finale would also have a set-up to a sequel, problably foreshadowing Darkseid's arrival.

Later on, i'll add more information about the characters. But let's start the discussion. Did you liked the basic idea of the Script, or hated it? Would you like to see it, or would prefer something completelly different? Now that the plot was atualized, How about the development? What did you tought of it?

Discuss. :woot:

Last edited:
I think it was titled "Tower of Babel" and it is JLA not LJA. That storyline had nothing to do with the OMACS nor Maxwell Lord since neither were in it. It is doubtful that they were writing this script exactly like that storyline. The storyline that actually used the OMACS and Lord was "The OMAC Project". I have a feeling that this was probably a distorted rumor that got mixed up since both tales involved Batman's secret project to keep a database on super-humans.

I'm brazillian, and here, it's LJA, so, i typed in the wrong form. Sorry.

And Lord and the Omacs we're defnetly going to be in the movie. As i said, it was a fusion of "Tower of Babel" and "Omac Project", with nods to the 60s storylines and SR and BB.

I added more informations and some suppositions about the Plot, and, tomorrow, i'll add more informations about the characters and their motivations.

If we ever get a JLA movie in the future, I want the first film to be an origin of how the team was formed. The story that was written was interesting and probably really good, but it felt more like a sequel.

Last edited:
Wonderful. A thread devoted entirely to rumors no one can even remember accurately.

yea so true guard. There was so much rumored/true/rumored info on the film its hard to remember anything straight about it.

More like hard to know what was straight about it.

If you don't like it, there's no reason to read this thread. :o

If you don't like it, there's no reason to read this thread. :o

No, its not like I don't like it. It is that the truth of the matter is that we probably aren't really sure what was really in the script, because of the possibility of disinformation from folks who didn't really want this to happen.

yea that is true we cant be sure on everything that was leaked or was rumored to be in the film if it did happen. I do hope we can get the jl film we all want to see in the next few yrs but with the way wb/dc are handling things still it doesnt look like it will happen any time soon.

Everything i posted was confirmed, and came from pretty reliable sources like Patrick Sauriol and Robert Sanchéz. And even that one detail or another are incorret, the basic plot outline is correct. So, let's resume to the discussion:

If Christopher Nolan agreed to tie his movies with Justice League, do you think that Talia's envolvement, wanting revenge for her father's murder, would work?

Everything i posted was confirmed, and came from pretty reliable sources like Patrick Sauriol and Robert Sanchéz. And even that one detail or another are incorret, the basic plot outline is correct. So, let's resume to the discussion:

If Christopher Nolan agreed to tie his movies with Justice League, do you think that Talia's envolvement, wanting revenge for her father's murder, would work?

Although Sauriol is a respected web journalist, even he gets some of the details wrong in his summary of the plot (it's "Brother Eye" not "Redeye"), and although it is stated by him that elements of the story are taken right from the pages of JLA, nothing he reported was from the "Tower of Bable" storyline. Robert Sanchez lead a lot of people on with his twisted reporting of the film. He is an admited Nolanite and I question his intentions. Although we might know about the casting of the film and a little of the storyline, we really do not know the exact contents of the script. Sorry about that.

No way Talia is a villain in the first JLA live-action film unless it was part of a Nolan tie-in. I never read that "Tower of Bable" comic but you gotto be real here... Darkseid and White Martians and villains of that nature are much more suitable for a JLA film.

The movie would start with Superman walking on the rooftop of a cathedral. He would be there as well as five other members of the Justice League (Wonder Woman, The Flash, Green Lantern, Aquaman and Martian Manhunter) because they are paying their respects at a funeral, grieving over the loss of someone that we don’t know as of yet. The funeral is a public event and as such Batman doesn’t show up until after all of the cameras have gone away. For now, the rest of the League is under the media spotlight, each of them showing their respects for the deceased by wearing blackned versions of their classic costumes.

And then we cut back to six days earlier in Central City…

Detective Barry Allen and his wife, Iris West, are eating lunch at a superhero themed restaurant called Planet Krypton. They are watching a television showing Wonder Woman addressing the United Nations. Barry makes a comment clearly showing an infatuation for Wonder Woman to which Iris promptly shoots him down.

From here we cut to the introduction of the Brother Eye satellite, a sleek, state-of-the-art surveillance satellite in orbit and owned by Wayne Industries. Batman sits in the Batcave, watching Barry and Iris enjoy their lunch. We see him adjust the controls and the image shifts to architect John Stewart (a.k.a. Green Lantern) sitting in his office unaware that he is being spied on. Batman flicks the dial and the image shifts again to show us Wonder Woman in the U.N., then to Aquaman and finally to the Martian Manhunter under his human disguise as Central City Detective John Jones. Batman hears a noise behind him and closes down the interface just before Alfred appears to speak with him about Bruce Wayne’s upcoming business meeting with business tycoon Maxwell Lord.

As Batman and Alfred depart the Batcave they don’t see the computer switch itself back on or the override for the Brother Eye program accessed remotely. Whomever is using the device resumes spying on Detective Jones/Martian Manhunter.

Jones is working police cases at the station when someone drops off a package on his desk. Upon opening the parcel a fine white powder explodes in his face. Zooming in we see that the powder are actually zillions of some kind of molecular-sized robots, nanobots. They settle on the Detective’s skin and the result is that the Manhunter loses control of his ability to change his shape. As shocked coworkers gaze on him we see Jones change his shape into a beautiful woman wearing a bikini and then into a mountain gorilla followed by a small child, a python and then into a ball of fire before he finally is able to regain some control and morph into the humanoid green guise we know as Martian Manhunter. Distraught and fearing for the safety of the others J’onn J’onzz flies off at great speed heading for a location in Colorado.
I remember reading that off a website but I frogot where but it was intresting. I agree Chris would have never agreed to this and mabye there should have beeen prequels and an orgin movie before they started this but other than that it look good.

That plot is so lame it's not funny....
Hall Of Justice? Seriously?

I think a converted space station financed by Wayne Enterprises would be better
Dub it... THE WATCHTOWER

That plot is so lame it's not funny....
Hall Of Justice? Seriously?

I think a converted space station financed by Wayne Enterprises would be better
Dub it... THE WATCHTOWER

There's no solid confirmation that the Hall of Justice was even in the script. Heck, there's no solid confirmation of much of anything, other than perhaps the Big 7, OMACs, and Max Lord.

Honestly, I have no problem with the basic story idea. There's a whole "who watches the watchmen" theme there, the OMACs are relatively easy to explain and the fact that they don't really have personalities is a plus in a movie with at least 8 major characters, not to mention that the OMACs likely would look very good on screen, and the rumor that they were going to kill off a member of the JLA in the story is a ballsy choice (although that just as easily could have been Max Lord's funeral). Heck, Batman vs. Superman is something that would capture the general publics imagination as well.

That's in the big picture though. The devil is in the details may be a cliche, but it's an accurate cliche.

The Hall of Justice would be the movie's HQ, because that's the current HQ of the League in the Comics.

What confirmation did we have that the JLA was formed and had a headquarters? I don't even see how that would be relevant to the story. The story is about trust issues, and forming the JLA as a way to form trust and responsibility strikes me as a good a reason as any to form a superteam.

Patrick Sauriol's informant revealed him things from the Script, and, among them, that the League would alredy be formed by the beginning of the movie, and Entertainment Weekly published a article featuring the character's bios, and, on the John Stewart bio, it was stated that he was an architect and designed the Hall of Justice. Besides, before those budget problems, production had choosen a australian collegue to be one to the sets. (Either the Hall of Justice, or Max Lord's lair).

Rumor also had it that, in eventual rewrites, the movie became a origin story. I'm not certain, but it think that Adam Brody (Wally West) said something about it in a interview.

actually i believe adam was due to be barry not wally. As for the a jl film i rather it be an origin to the group forming.

No, it was definetly Wally. There were pictures of him with red hair.

No, he was definitely Barry. Anton Yelchin was cast as Wally, not Adam Brody

Does anyone know what the costumes would have looked like? I heard that WETA was designing them. (Sorry if this is the wrong thread for this).

nope we have no clue what their designs were going to look like from weta. All we know was weta was working on them and some actors might have done some fittings. Even though the movie isnt happening i would love to see what weta was planning on the costumes.

nope we have no clue what their designs were going to look like from weta. All we know was weta was working on them and some actors might have done some fittings. Even though the movie isnt happening i would love to see what weta was planning on the costumes.

Me too! I would particularly love to see their Superman costume!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"