• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Guardians of the Galaxy The Official Ophelia Lovibond Topic

Completely random, wacky, and unlikely speculation of the day:

For sake of argument, suppose the theory about Del Toro/Collector actually being Thanos is correct (and I'm not certain it is), then who would Lovibond be playing? Perhaps Lady Death?

So the Collector is really Thanos, because he's collecting to protect against himself? And maybe he's not really protecting?

what-a-twist.jpg

As per the other site - Lovibond confirms she's in the movie.

"I'm not really allowed to talk about it as it's such a top-secret project, but I'm incredibly excited and I'm still kind of pinching myself."

So it is officially confirmed Lovibond is Carina

So it is officially confirmed Lovibond is Carina

It has been confirmed. At the end of this interview the interviewer asks her about Carina specifically and she responds.

[YT]pWusSgk4uBw[/YT]

The title of this thread should be changed to reflect this.

She's really hot btw and has an absolutely gorgeous smile and sexy mouth.

Last edited:
So Carina dies in this movie. She doesn't appear to be the Collector's daughter either, but just his slave. Since she dies, that rules her out of having any relationship with Michael Korvac in a future instalment. It looks like she was just a nod to the character in name only, and not the actual woman, who isn't pink skinned in the comics at all and definitely not his slave.

Any idea what species she's supposed to be in the movie? I'm guessing it's not the same as whoever she is in the comics?

I'm not sure, but Rhomann Dey seemed to be married to some pink-skinned woman as well.

In the comics, Carina looks rather human. She's just a regular Caucasian blonde.

I noticed her in this, was quite saddened that she had such a small role, she's a great actress and should've been kept for a main character

Has anyone said what race these pink-skinned aliens were supposed to be? I recall at least four (all female): Starlord's initial fling (whose name he forgot), Dey's wife, Carina, and another one in one of the Collector's cages. Probably more, used in the background.

I noticed her in this, was quite saddened that she had such a small role, she's a great actress and should've been kept for a main character

Since she is almost unrecognizable thanks to the pink hue and prognostics, I think the actress may appear in MCU again in a different role. The actress who plays Quill's dying mother actually had a small role in CA:TFA as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"