Dark of the Moon The Official Transformers 3 News And Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I gotta say that first clip was horrendous.

Paramount Moving Up 'Transformers 3'
By NIKKI FINKE | Thursday May 19, 2011 @ 10:58pm PDT

EXCLUSIVE:
I've just learned that Paramount is moving up Michael Bay's Transformers 3: Dark Of The Moon to Wednesday June 29th from Friday July 1st. The studio's big Summer 2011 blockbuster will open day and date in all markets except China and Japan on that new date. "Early response to footage, especially the 3D footage, has been great so we want to get the word out that this film is as good or better than the first and much better than the last," an insider just told me. It's the only action movie opening between June 24th and July 15th.

http://www.deadline.com/2011/05/paramount-moving-up-transformers-3/

Awesome, cant wait for this flick. Good to hear how confident they are.

A smart move by Paramount especially given that there will be no major threat until Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 comes out.

They've done this every time and every time it kills their chances at any sort of opening day record...it...every time.

On the positive it does put them closer to the smaller movies and further away from the bigger movies, thus a better shot a bigger gross. Still I dreaded this, and with each poster plastered with the july day, I grew confident that they would still with it this time. Next time Paramount just needs to be honest from day one and set a 3 day.

is this the only 5 day release of the summer?

They've done this every time and every time it kills their chances at any sort of opening day record...it...every time.

On the positive it does put them closer to the smaller movies and further away from the bigger movies, thus a better shot a bigger gross. Still I dreaded this, and with each poster plastered with the july day, I grew confident that they would still with it this time. Next time Paramount just needs to be honest from day one and set a 3 day.

is this the only 5 day release of the summer?

I agree. But I think they moved it up to get a bigger gross. I assume they want to be out before Captain America and Harry Potter Deathly Hallows part 2. Its not skin of my back all three movies are going to be epic in my book.

I would have killed to see those two in person. The egos on both of them are crazy, but I respect the hell out of what they do.

Last shot of the trailer is the money shot right there for Optimus. That will get some applause.

Yeah. There were only three or so new shots the 3D trailer but they were all pretty sweet and clearly were the type that would look amazing in 3D. The money shot was sweet.

Nelson has commented on SFTE that the movie is finished and ready.... earlier than both TF & ROTF :D

That blows the claims of problems with the 3D tech completely out the water :D

The new shots in that 3D trailer were breathtaking.

the shot of Shia and BB in the air has to be one of the most realistic live action +CGI shots ever.

Anybody else laugh when sam and bumblebee where falling off that truck or whatever. I don't know why but it was just to funny to me

wont be watching any of these clips but, anyone know if this new 3D trailer will be shown in front of the 2D showings of Pirates?

I think the new trailer is just limited in front of 3D showings of Pirates 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"