The Official TRANSFORMERS THE MOVIE FAQ

hey, avangarde x and any other aussies on the hype...
we can see transformers today if we please.
the movie opened here in oz this mornin..
sorry to everyone else who has to wait, but i am just about to head out and watch it. peace

spectacular is the word!!
optimus prime is my hero again..
"one shall stand, one shall fall".

Where can I find a complete list of the Transformers that will be appearing in the movie?

Where can I find a complete list of the Transformers that will be appearing in the movie?

Wikipedia..or look below:

Autobots:

Optimus Prime
Ironhide
Bumblebee
Ratchet
Jazz

Decepticons:

Megatron
Starscream
Blackout
Scorponok
Frenzy
Barricade
Brawl
Bonecrusher

here is who is in it...but i have also posted who they really are!! [meaning, who their personality or look suits the most.]

bumblebee...: goldbug.

prime: perfect.

ratchet: pretty spot on.

ironhide: if he had his southern accent he wouldve been spot on.

jazz: more like cliffjumper....his final line to megatron is classic cliffjumper attitude..

megatron: may look different. but that was megs thought and through...and then some..he was badass..

starscream: any of the jets....starscream shouldve had a bigger role that showed his personality.

devastator: brawl...why did they change the name.. that was brawl the combaticon yet in the film he is called devastator...[why?]

bonecrusher: generic constructicon..

frenzy: a re-imagining of lazerbeak..he had the same job-role as lazerbeak, but looked and sounded like a skeletal robot ewok..

barricade: any of the stunticon cars...

blackout: vortex...[the combaticon helicopter]

What one the "Have Optimus speak a line in the movie" contest?

Not sure but there are some great quotes in the movie

"One shall stand. One shall fall"
"Autobots, roll out"
"freedom is the right of all sentient beings"
"My bad"

All awesome

my God this Transformers history is confusing.

Not really, you just choose to accept what ever continuity you like best while keeping in mind what the others are about. I can understand what it might be like for the people that have not had interest in transformers in the past.

I watched when I was a kid. Don't remember jack **** though.:o:csad:

IDW comics have been re-releasing the original marvel comics, if you want to getter a better understanding of characters and plot it might be worth a buy, that or the official guide to the transformers book.

Just thought I'd post this as food for thought in various threads. Hunter_Rider liked it. It was in response to a question he asked me about "bitter G1 fans"

He thought it was a great, concise description of what TF is...so I feel the FAQ thread is a good place to put it (as well as the User reviews).

(X, Y, and Z are stand ins for actual poster names - changed to protect the innocent)

As for "bitter G1 nerds". Transformers is an odd franchise in that the original cartoon (see: http://www.allspark.com/forums/index...howtopic=31727) is far more hated than future incarnations by the fans. That what people like X, Y, and Z often don't get. They think Transformers is like every other comic franchise where people are constantly acting as apologists for the "one true source material". What people don't understand though is it's a toyline, and the people who are writing are writing about toys....so really the last twenty years have been this game of trail and error trying to find a great story to tell regarding these toys we brought over from Japan. That's why every incarnation is so different, because the concept didn't come first. The end product, the characters came first, and we're constantly looking for some way to synthesize them into a story that makes sense and appeals. G1 didn't work, it got cancelled after three seasons. The problem is most people stopped watching then and are now left thinking Transformers is just been rehashing G1 for 20 years and big bad Michael Bay is the first one to trample on that tradition.

But the odd thing is that is the tradition, to trample on G1 until finally we beat some sort of useful storyline out of these toys.

And I think finally we have. All that hard work retooling and reworking this franchise paid off. The truth is, and what some don't get, is we wouldn't have this movie if Transformers hadn't been rebooting every year. Hasbro wasn't going to sell the rights to a dead property and no one else was gonna buy them. G1 fans are bitter, because they are fans of a dead franchise with no hope of revival. There will be no new G1 toys, no season 4 and 5, no issue 81 (although technically there is), and no series 7 and 8 of the toys. That opportunity has come and gone.

So as a fan of Transformers I have to keep an open mind, because ultimately whatever Transformers will become next is assuradly different.

So then what do you call all these new comics such as Infiltration and such? Sure the story might be slightly altered but the look and basics of G1 are still there. There is nothing wrong with making slight improvements to give the francise some more diversity, but seriously how can you say G1 is dead when its getting better then ever, hell even all the original toys are being rereleased. Oh and there was a season 4 and 5 in the animated series, it was set after the movie.

So then what do you call all these new comics such as Infiltration and such? Sure the story might be slightly altered but the look and basics of G1 are still there. There is nothing wrong with making slight improvements to give the francise some more diversity, but seriously how can you say G1 is dead when its getting better then ever, hell even all the original toys are being rereleased. Oh and there was a season 4 and 5 in the animated series, it was set after the movie.

True but I don't know how much that counts...Season 4 was three episodes. There was no season 5 though but the show did continue in Japan picking up where Season 3 left off.

So then what do you call all these new comics such as Infiltration and such? Sure the story might be slightly altered but the look and basics of G1 are still there.
No, not really. They are, first off, comics miniseries which exist in their own universe and are drastically different from the original G1. They are appealing to a small niche' fanbase, not to a large general audience like the toons or toys. Sure we see rereleases, but when was the last time you saw a brand new Generation 1 toy. Sure you might be able to argue Magnificus and Deterius (E-Hobby Exclusives) fit that, but outside of very small things here and there, there isn't any expansion of G1 in existence. Even IDW features a drastically diffferent Universe where alt.modes have changed, the premise and origin is altered, and Galvatron isn't a redux of Megatron. Those are fairly substantial changes. G1 did die, because all G1 is are the things before G2. Some people lump these new continuities in there as well, but they aren't connected with the old show/comic except INO.
There is nothing wrong with making slight improvements to give the francise some more diversity, but seriously how can you say G1 is dead when its getting better then ever, hell even all the original toys are being rereleased.
They still rerelease a lot of originals, but the line has never been expanded. It's one thing to rerelease old toys, it's another to actually make new ones. There have been no more G1 toys, that line is officially over. The rereleases are just an attempt by Hasbro to fulfill that "collecter niche'", and give people like me a chance to buy Prowl direct from them for $46, instead of buying the original loose for $59 (and then switching out the parts so it appears to be the original :p). Classics can technically be seen as a G1-esque line, however really with the pressence of Minicons and drastic changes made to a lot of the reduxes (complete with a new origin), it really isn't either. It's is its own thing as well.
Oh and there was a season 4 and 5 in the animated series, it was set after the movie.
Season 3 came after the movie. Season 2 and 3 are just incredibly long. Season 4 is technically "Rebirth", but that's just a 3 part mini. So no, there was no season 4 and 5. The show was cancelled in 1987, just under 3 years after it's release - Japanese continuities notwithstanding.

Why are you on this endless crusade to trivialize G1 fandom?

You don't like G1. You think it's a waste of time. So what? I think there are strong points from the cartoon, animated movie and comics that should be explored in the movies.

Maybe Shadow Boxing is hoping his hatred for G1 will effect the sequel and they'll put talking rats and cheetahs in the movie. Who knows?

You don't like G1. You think it's a waste of time. So what? I think there are strong points from the cartoon, animated movie and comics that should be explored in the movies.
No offense, B_F. But it's apparent after all these weeks of posting that you have seen one or two episodes of Transformers and read none of the comics...and are essentially just working off of short wikipedia articles.
Maybe Shadow Boxing is hoping his hatred for G1 will effect the sequel and they'll put talking rats and cheetahs in the movie. Who knows?
They put Sparks, Minicons, Prime Lips, Protoforms, Scorponok among other things in the movie which sure as hell didn't come from G1. Sure G1 had some influence, but so did Armada, Energon, Cybertron, IDW, DW, Marvel, UK, Japanese continuities, Beast Wars and Beast Machines. G1 is not a continued franchise, and I doubt you even read what I just said....because you missed the point entirely.

Anyone know where I can hear the music to the transformers movie, particularly the autobot theme?

I have a question after seeing the movie, a bit off topic, but in the trailers they showed a movie about a bunch of people on a rooftop and screaming about a lion or something and explosions going on all around. Does anybody know what this is?

No, not really. They are, first off, comics miniseries which exist in their own universe and are drastically different from the original G1. They are appealing to a small niche' fanbase, not to a large general audience like the toons or toys. Sure we see rereleases, but when was the last time you saw a brand new Generation 1 toy. Sure you might be able to argue Magnificus and Deterius (E-Hobby Exclusives) fit that, but outside of very small things here and there, there isn't any expansion of G1 in existence. Even IDW features a drastically diffferent Universe where alt.modes have changed, the premise and origin is altered, and Galvatron isn't a redux of Megatron. Those are fairly substantial changes. G1 did die, because all G1 is are the things before G2. Some people lump these new continuities in there as well, but they aren't connected with the old show/comic except INO.

Fair enough then, but I still feel that these new titles Infiltration, Escalation, and now Devastation (which are a continuing series I might add) are pretty darn close to the mark of a G1 basis, regardless of the change in timeline and minor changes in look it is the closest thing we have to a generation 1 "remake" I guess you could say.

Fair enough then, but I still feel that these new titles Infiltration, Escalation, and now Devastation (which are a continuing series I might add) are pretty darn close to the mark of a G1 basis, regardless of the change in timeline and minor changes in look it is the closest thing we have to a generation 1 "remake" I guess you could say.
Yes, sorta. But just like rereleases it's appealing to a niche' fanbase, rather than expanding upon the original. Much like the upcoming Beast Wars, Animated, and alternate universe titles will be doing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"