The Official TRANSFORMERS THE MOVIE FAQ

What's the deal with the designs looking different from the cartoon?
  • The reason given to licensors as to why the robots look so different in the film is so that hardcore fans will stay loyal and keep buying the old toys, which they're relaunching, even if they hate the new movie.

Licensing has explicitly stated that companies doing merchandising have to avoid doing anything too similar to the original Transformers line, so as not to mix the two separate and profitable properties.

Michael Bay should have just said this from the beginning. There is a difference between choosing to go in a different design direction as appose to having to go in a different direction because of legal issues. I think there would have been a little less bit**ing about the designs had this been known from the start.

Michael Bay should have just said this from the beginning. There is a difference between choosing to go in a different design direction as appose to having to go in a different direction because of legal issues. I think there would have been a little less bit**ing about the designs had this been known from the start.

Agreed. But hey, maybe annoying the fans is fun :)

No problem :)

You want to watch: War Dawn (Season 2) to learn about Prime's history and The Five Faces of Darkness Part 4 for the history of the Quitesson's creating the robots and Megatron being created.

My only problem with Megs history is from the looks of it, it appears that the Constructicons created him (unless they just look like them) although as I am sure any G1 fan knows just what is the real Constructicon origin? Were they built on Earth as stated in Heavy Metal War (Season 1), turned evil by Megatron's RoboSmasher in The Secret of Omega Supreme (Season 2) OR did they indeed create Megatron as hinted at in The Five Faces of Darkness Part 4 (Season 3)?

Thank you and yes we learn about Alpha Trion in The Search for Alpha Trion (Season 2 latter) and Pax/Prime in War Dawn (latter half of Season 2).

Cheers :)

Thanks for answering my questions. I have a box with 6 dvd's but it's dubbed in French. Couldn't find it English spoken and Dutch subtitled.

But via the link below i found a way to watch ALL episodes. So, are this 4 seasons G1? Or is theire more G1?

The link: http://www.tv-links.co.uk/show.do/2/2505

Hopefully someday they will release everything about Transformers cartoons on dvd. English spoken and Dutch subtitled! (I live in Belgium)

I understand English, but not every single word!

Steve

Thanks for answering my questions. I have a box with 6 dvd's but it's dubbed in French. Couldn't find it English spoken and Dutch subtitled.

But via the link below i found a way to watch ALL episodes. So, are this 4 seasons G1? Or is theire more G1?

The link: http://www.tv-links.co.uk/show.do/2/2505

Hopefully someday they will release everything about Transformers cartoons on dvd. English spoken and Dutch subtitled! (I live in Belgium)

I understand English, but not every single word!

Steve

Well alot of Transformers has been released on region 1. G1 has been released on region 2 for ages now and so has RiD.

There are four seasons of G1, although The Rebirth (Season 4) is only 3 eps to introduce the Targetmasters and Headmasters.

However this seems to be a waste as Japan decided to continue with G1 by abandoning The Rebirth and instead producing three seasons entitled: Headmasters (Season 1), Super God Masterforce (Season 2) and Victory (Season 3) so I guess this is still G1. It is entitled The Takara Collection.

Agreed. But hey, maybe annoying the fans is fun :)

I know Michael Bay has fun with it, lol.

I think fanboys feel bad, because, even through they gripe about the changes, non-fanboys seems to love characters like Optimus Prime and Bumblebee even with the new changes...and, compare to the whole world, there's more "normal" people to please than the fanboy ratio anyways.

My question: Who tackles Optimis Prime at the very end of the trailer?

Bonecrusher :)

He's all cuddly, isn't he?

I know Michael Bay has fun with it, lol.

I think fanboys feel bad, because, even through they gripe about the changes, non-fanboys seems to love characters like Optimus Prime and Bumblebee even with the new changes...and, compare to the whole world, there's more "normal" people to please than the fanboy ratio anyways.

True, although I am a massive fan of G1 I aren't a fanboy. I am willing to accept changes to a certain degeree. I can cope with Prime having flames and Bumblebee not speaking and no longer being the smallest. My main gripes stem from the lack of personality on the Decepticons designs and Prime having lips...but I possibly am warming to the latter but I won't know till I see the film.

What are the specific vehicles models of the transformers in the movie?

I only know Starscream is an F22, Bumblebee is a Chevrolet Camaro, and Frenzy is a stereo system with probably no real life equivalent.

What are the specific vehicles models of the transformers in the movie?

I only know Starscream is an F22, Bumblebee is a Chevrolet Camaro, and Frenzy is a stereo system with probably no real life equivalent.

Optimus Prime Semi-trailer truck
Jazz Pontiac Solstice
Ironhide GMC Topkick pick-up truck
Ratchet Search & Rescue Hummer H2
Megatron Cybertronian jet
Barricade Saleen-modified Ford Mustang police car
Bonecrusher Buffalo H Mine-Protected vehicle
Blackout MH-53 Pave Low
Brawl Modified M1 Abrams

Source Wikipedia...so if wrong don't shoot me :)

True, although I am a massive fan of G1 I aren't a fanboy. I am willing to accept changes to a certain degeree. I can cope with Prime having flames and Bumblebee not speaking and no longer being the smallest. My main gripes stem from the lack of personality on the Decepticons designs and Prime having lips...but I possibly am warming to the latter but I won't know till I see the film.

Prime's lips isn't a biggie for me, it just gives him more pesonality because he can talk like a human with lips...and, Megatron really gets the most personality which should kinda be the way it is...Decepticons are basically Megatron's slaves, they can't have different thoughts than their master, which is why Bonecrusher, Brawl, Blackout, they work for him and are also terrified of him...unlike Starscream, which, in the sequel, we should get to know more about him.

So, I was wondering about something. You know, when Transformers was announced, there was a plan to have more than five Autobots, and in the end, there were only five: Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Ironhide, Ratchet and Jazz...and, it got me to think...excluding Jazz, do you think Beast Wars helped Bay, or whoever decided, to go with Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Ironhide and Ratchet?

I mean, before Dinobot joined, the first Autobots in the series was Optimus Primal (Optimus Prime), Cheetor (Bumblebee), Rhinox (Ironhide) and Rattrap (Ratchet); and since the show was a huge hit, and the first (I think) showing Autobots with their protoforms and their sparks, being taken away (it happened to one of the newer Autobots...again, I presume, it's been a long time since I saw the show, lol)

Just wondering, that could've helped them decide who to use, and since [BLACKOUT]Jazz dies, it leaves those four remaining.[/BLACKOUT]

The formula with Beast Wars was a good one, but I don't think it influenced the movie in anyway.

Will we see Cybertron in the Movie or any flashbacks about how the whole war started?

Will we see Cybertron in the Movie or any flashbacks about how the whole war started?

AS far as I am aware, Prime gives Sam history lesson on the war through a hologram so we will see Cybertron in a way.

Optimus Prime Semi-trailer truck
Jazz Pontiac Solstice
Ironhide GMC Topkick pick-up truck
Ratchet Search & Rescue Hummer H2
Megatron Cybertronian jet
Barricade Saleen-modified Ford Mustang police car
Bonecrusher Buffalo H Mine-Protected vehicle
Blackout MH-53 Pave Low
Brawl Modified M1 Abrams

Source Wikipedia...so if wrong don't shoot me :)

who should we see next time?

here are my pics:

Ultra Magnus a.k.a. "PRIME'S *****": well, just so he can get killed...again.

Arcee: We've seen here as a toy....JUST MAKER HER LOOK BETTER!

Megatron AGAIN: Who knows? maybe he'll be galvatron!

Grimlock: I know! maybe MB can get Dan Castallenta from the Simpsons (HE'S HOMER, REMEMBER?) to voice Grimlock in his Homer Simpson voice! That'll b funny, seeing how Grimlock acted like a complete dumbass in the 1985 film.

AND, THE MAJOR VILLIAN BESIDES MEGATRON/GALVATRON...

UNICRON AND THE QUINTESSONS!!!!

so...agree or disagree!

No problem :up:

who should we see next time?

here are my pics:

Ultra Magnus a.k.a. "PRIME'S *****": well, just so he can get killed...again.

Arcee: We've seen here as a toy....JUST MAKER HER LOOK BETTER!

Megatron AGAIN: Who knows? maybe he'll be galvatron!

Grimlock: I know! maybe MB can get Dan Castallenta from the Simpsons (HE'S HOMER, REMEMBER?) to voice Grimlock in his Homer Simpson voice! That'll b funny, seeing how Grimlock acted like a complete dumbass in the 1985 film.

AND, THE MAJOR VILLIAN BESIDES MEGATRON/GALVATRON...

UNICRON AND THE QUINTESSONS!!!!

so...agree or disagree!

Ultra Magnus....hmmm...don't really see the need for him. It also depends on one of three version to make him. 1) Original, 2) G1 or 3) RiD. All could work although if Prime is staying alive then the RiD version make work better.

Arcee...well I would opt for no female Autobots, in G1 Firestar, Moonracer, Alita 1 and Chromia just seemed to be there so the show didn't seem sexist, there were rather pointless.

Megatron will be back...guaranteed.

I would love to see Grimlock but not with a Homer voice with his original Berger voice.

Unicron and the Quitessons my convolute the story...if they wanted to keep things simple. I would prefer Devastator as the major threat with Dinobots only being able to stop him. They could use a little of the Desertion of the Dinobots storyline and have them leave just as the Autobots need them, then obviously they get them back.

i think they should hold off on Unicron for now and have him in later films. These new films will have a long existence I'm sure.

Any early screenings? Sneak previews?
Yes.
Finland has advance screenings at Tennispalatsi (theater), Helsinki (city) 29.6. 9:45 PM, 30.6. 9:45 PM and 1.7. 9:45 PM. Tickets are 11€, which means I'm skipping. I can see this for 6,50€ on 4.7. so why I'd pay extra?

What one the "Have Optimus speak a line in the movie" contest?

I would love to see Grimlock but not with a Homer voice with his original Berger voice.
Greg Berger is responsible for the Homer Simpson-esque, Apron wearing Grimlock. I'd much prefer the comic version, the borderline Decepticon with a speech impedement.

Does anyone know anything about a score CD? The first post says that one is being released in late June, but I haven't seen or heard anything about it, so I'm wondering if it's still on. Anybody?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"