Catman

Avenger
Reaction score
FRIDAY JUNE 01, 2007 08:15 AM EDT

By Courtney Rubin

nicky_hilton.jpg

Nicky and Paris Hilton

Photo by: Chris Weeks / WireImage

With the June 5 deadline for Paris Hilton to turn herself in to jail looming, her younger sister Nicky is speaking out.

"I think she should definitely be punished, but going to jail for a traffic violation is pretty absurd," Hilton, 23, told PEOPLE Thursday at the BlackBerry Curve launch party in Los Angeles, which she attended with Paris.

Though a source told PEOPLE Paris is dreading jail time, the 26-year-old heiress wasn't showing it. Wearing a flirty pink dress, Paris was giddy and giggly as she chatted with her sister and a female pal. (She declined to speak to PEOPLE, saying: "I'm not doing interviews.")

A longtime Paris friend says the laughter is her way of coping. "She's the eternal optimist," the pal – who spoke with Paris at the party – told PEOPLE. "She's been through so much, but that's always her disposition.

Paris has until June 5 to turn herself in to the Century Regional Detention Facility in Lynwood, Calif., where she will serve at least 23 days for violating probation by driving with a suspended license.

After serving time, Hilton can look forward to a party – in St Tropez. She's the face of a canned sparkling wine called Rich Prosecco and, according to the company, will appear at their summer party. When's the party? Depends on when she gets out.

"We have to wait and see what happens on June 5," Gunther Aloys, the Austria-based head of Rich Prosecco, tells PEOPLE. "Her family is very anxious about what will happen. When it [the jail sentence] is over, she was planning to go on vacation at the end of June. We expect to have a party day then with her in St. Tropez."

The heiress – who came to Zurich in April for the brand – will also have a photo shoot on the Matterhorn in July or August, plus a market launch in England this summer. Her three-to-five year contract with the brand also includes a share of the business, though Aloys wouldn't specify how much.

A longtime Paris friend says the laughter is her way of coping. "She's the eternal optimist," the pal – who spoke with Paris at the party – told PEOPLE. "She's been through so much, but that's always her disposition.

I'm ignrorant to the world of Paris but can someone tell me what exactly she's been through?

Paris going to jail on my birthday? Best present evar!

I'm ignrorant to the world of Paris but can someone tell me what exactly she's been through?

Well, the court dates probably made her miss a nail appointment, maybe a party or something. In Paris' world, that's like you or me losing an arm.

Yeah, it's real absurd for people who break the law to go to jail. :whatever:

Let this stupid s**t die already.

Yeah, it's real absurd for people who break the law to go to jail. :whatever:

Violate probation 3 times???? Hmmmm...... :whatever:

Some people are so star struck, even if she actually hits and kills someone, they would still think she's being treated unfairly.

And what did they expect Nicki to say?? That her sister broke the figgin' law with impunity and deserves what she gets??

and thanks to that nit wit judge, she's still not getting what she deserves.

Niki's just siding with her sister. Both of them need to get over themselves and pay for the crime. Then again the fact that Paris does the SIMPLE LIFE every year is punishment in its own right, but she's getting paid for that.

The fact that this qualifies as "news" is what is truly "absurd".

I was expecting her to say "she would of got away with it too, if it wasn't for those meddling cops"

scooby dooby do!

She's not going to jail for a "traffic violation". Nicky may be as dumb as her sister.

jag

She is as dumb. The only difference between the two is that Nicky isn't as misbehaved.

At least Nicky's trying to make something of herself by trying to learn the family business. I respect that a lot more that Butter Face Paris' lifestyle.

jag

If it weren't for the paparazzi or people who live for this crap, Paris, Lindsay Cokehead, Nicole B!tchy all these dumb b!tches would dissappear from the public eye.

If it weren't for the paparazzi or people who live for this crap, Paris, Lindsay Cokehead, Nicole B!tchy all these dumb b!tches would dissappear from the public eye.

Unfortunately, the paparazzi are only fulfilling one part of the supply and demand equation. :(

jag

At least Nicky's trying to make something of herself by trying to learn the family business. I respect that a lot more that Butter Face Paris' lifestyle.

jag

Uh...she's not trying very hard. Have you seen her "business plans"?

Uh...she's not trying very hard. Have you seen her "business plans"?

Haha! Well, I didn't say she was doing a good job. But it's still more than Paris has tried to do. :hyper:

jag

Now she's starting to act like a spoiled brat. She needs to just go in there and take it. If I got caught driving drunk, something I would never do, and I got arrested I would have nobody to blame but myself. Yeah if I got sentenced to like a year or something unreasonable I'd feel like a victim and I'd whine, piss, and moan, but her sentence is completely reasonable.

Not Lindsay. She's a Disney actress who got f--ked up. That would have made news either way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joelschmole
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"