• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Phantom

Ive grown up with the Phantom and the whole legacy aspect of it was a big draw for me....so at least they got that right...I do like the Singh Brotherhood being this big multinational enterprise now

I like the legacy aspect of it aswell. :up:

hopefully the new movie gets it right.....if it ever gets produced

I read that Sam Worthington was up for the part, he wouldn't be a bad choice.

Just saw the premiere on SyFy the story is decent but the costume and everything about it was horrible. Its like they saw Batman and Iron Man then tried to combine both of their suits into the Phantom. Which I thought didn't work couldn't they have stayed with the original Phantom suit. That is my biggest gripe about this movie it made him bulletproof, and double his strength. If they wanted to give the ghost who walks super powers couldn't have gone a supernatural way. As far as the Singh Brotherhood being a multinational cooperation, I get it they are the modern day pirates. However I thought that made them less intimidating as villains. A white collar criminal when he goes to jail gets sent to a place most criminals consider a resort.

Just saw it and had no qualms really. Only gripe I have with the suit is how outrageous the helmet looks. Tone that down a bit and the suit would be perfect in my opinion. Really hope we get more with how they ended the series.

I get that they want the suit to look like it can take a pounding...but the helmet is the worst part of it....Id even prefer a smaller hood with goggles or a single eyepiece or something

I get that they want the suit to look like it can take a pounding...but the helmet is the worst part of it....Id even prefer a smaller hood with goggles or a single eyepiece or something
Exactly. Keep everything else how it is except take the stupid helmet visor and replace it with your traditional single eyepiece Phantom/Robin Hood mask.

they could also slim the sleeves down some otherwise I like the torso part of it

hopefully the new movie gets it right.....if it ever gets produced

They're gonna make a movie?! When? What? Who?! :huh:

I hope they keep the Zane costume if they do, that rocked. This Syfy phantom looks ridiculous.

there's been talk of doing a new film, but the rights keep getting bounced around....one of the ideas I read was of an older Phantom training his son

but who knows??

the original suit is ridiculous looking, but we all look past it because its worked since 1936 and most superheroes are garishly dressed anyway

The new SyFy suit managed to look MORE terrible. I don't even know what the hell that was on his head.

yea, everything from the neck up is a total train wreck....again, I get that they want to suit to look like it can take a beating but maybe a midway point between the suit might work

I like the premise for this, I just hope they can fix the costume. That's my major gripe with this so far.

It doesn't look like a superhero costume at all. It looks like some cheap knockoff SWAT uniform.

Last edited by a moderator:
a little, and they need to work on the lighting, I could hardly tell it was a purple suit at all.

It doesn't look like a superhero costume at all. It looks like some cheap knockoff SWAT uniform.

Exactly. Sometimes I wish the batman movies never existed then we wouldn't have people trying to "modernize" costumes. They're costumes for a reason! Call me crazy, but i like my masked mystery men dressed like superheroes, not like SWAT from the year 2255 or something.

You wanna update something, just make the original designs out of better material. (not leather, looking at you daredevil)

I happen to like the DD costume....it looks practical....what looks good on the page doesn't always translate to screen

but there is practical and then there is radical departure

I happen to like the DD costume....it looks practical....what looks good on the page doesn't always translate to screen

but there is practical and then there is radical departure

DD was okay, but I don't really care much for practical in the wardrobes of my fictional characters. i mean, Antonio banderas did okay taking on the mexican army in zorro with no high tech kevlar/leather suit and i believed he was made of win throughout that whole movie. Fast as hell too.

No reason why characters like The Phantom and Batman can't follow his lead and do the exact same thing.

because the audience won't buy it (thanks to Batman again)....Zorro could run around like that because guns weren't terribly efficient and everyone had swords....Zorro was just better with the sword

you do a modern day super hero movie and a hero has no "super powers" and people expect armor or a suit that looks like it can take the pounding that a superhero takes....that is just how it is now

I really don't think Batman suit in the movie is such a far departure from the comic suit. The main difference is its totally black. Batman's suit has been made out of bulletproof material since the 70's in the comics that is. Since the question was asked how does a guy with no superpowers who goes against the scum of the earth not get killed when bullets are constantly being shot at him. I like the movie suit ,a gold Batman emblem on the chest wouldn't hurt though, the classic suit is a little ughhhh mostly because of the underwear. I mean seriously can we stop having heroes with underwear on in 2010 its awful. I know why they started drawing underwear on them but that ban has been over a long time. OFF with the UNDERWEAR I SAY!!!! and ON with real pants.

Batman's suit in the comics is made out of a bullet proof material. the only reason it doesn't look like the movie ones is because it doesn't have to.

So is this now going to turn into a series or something because I remember reading a while ago this movie was suppose to be the pilot for a series.

The costume was horrible. I thought it to be Steel horrible. I looked as if the guy made the mask/helmet out of a backpack.

backdoor pilot....a stand alone film that hopes to generate enough interest to get picked up for a series....it aired in Canada late last year and just debuted in the US sunday night

usually if you don't hear something within 3 weeks, it won't be picked up

just saw the movie/backdoor pilot. It was extremely cheesey but still kind of fun. Some of the acting was terrible (especially the Singh Brotherhood people) but I really liked the Phantom headquarters/home. The costume could be better but I like that it was technologically advanced. The pilot made me want to see the 90s movie again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCat
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"