The Prequel Trilogy General Discussion and Appreciation Thread

Doc Ock

The Spider-Totem Awakens
Reaction score
For those that enjoyed the Prequels or aspects of them, talk about them here!

I do love the Original Trilogy more, but I like the prequels as well with Attack of the Clones being my favorite.

Revenge of the Sith is equal to the OT and surpasses ROTJ. There, I said it.

I appreciate that there was an overuse of CG, and my own preference for seeing practical effects, but Lucas created some of the most iconic imagery in modern Sci-Fi cinema.

Lucas basically experimented with the CGI in Ep1 and 2 to get to the level of 3 (which has some of the best CGI in cinema, ever).

I like the PT more than the OT, overall. There are missteps in editing mostly and there are shoddy FX (betrayed mostly by the clarity of the BluRays), but I think it expands the saga more than adequately.

Revenge of the Sith is equal to the OT and surpasses ROTJ. There, I said it.

I appreciate that there was an overuse of CG, and my own preference for seeing practical effects, but Lucas created some of the most iconic imagery in modern Sci-Fi cinema.
Agreed, been saying that for a long time :woot:

I actually view ROTS as my least favorite of the prequels, I didn't like the large use of CGI and enjoyed the practical stuff mixed CGI in the previous two films.

Plus, Count Dooku died at the beginning of it. :(

I think AotC had less practical stuff than RotS.

Revenge of the Sith was an awesome movie. I've always liked the prequels, even when they first came out. Ewan Macgregor as Obi-Wan Kenobi, Darth Maul, and Jango Fett were all awesome.

Last edited:
Are they still planning on releasing the other 3D prequels? Cuz I'm pretty sure ROTS 3D was supposed to come in 2015, but nos Ep7 will...

Phantom Menace gets better with each passing year, in my opinion.

I still like Phantom Menace the least. I just think it's too messy and incoherent. That being said, I definitely still like it!

Yoda vs. The Emporer is one of my favorite movie scenes of all time.

That was one of the best moments in the prequels.

I don't think episodes 1-3 are as good , but I still find them entertaining. Some of the duels were spectacular.

I agree that most of the PT duels were fantastic. I don't care if they looked like dances, they were spectacular.

I personally love the PT despite its flaws, same as the OT, which are far from perfect despite what some fans say. My favorite is definitely ROTS, although i enjoy the other two a lot as well.

Favorite two arcs are Obi-Wan (naturally!) and Palpatine (Sidious). I enjoyed Anakin's turn to Vader, and despite a couple of moments of cringe, i think overall Hayden did a good job with the character. I dont view Anakin as an emotionally stable individual, and i still wonder how the heck Padme fell for a guy with so many issues haha, but i guess love is blind :oldrazz:

I like the PT, and I think they each have their good, and bad about them. I do wish we got more of Qui-Gon Jinn, and Maul in the movie verse though. Plus I really love the lightsaber duels in the PT, they were great.

I personally love the PT despite its flaws, same as the OT, which are far from perfect despite what some fans say. My favorite is definitely ROTS, although i enjoy the other two a lot as well.

Favorite two arcs are Obi-Wan (naturally!) and Palpatine (Sidious). I enjoyed Anakin's turn to Vader, and despite a couple of moments of cringe, i think overall Hayden did a good job with the character. I dont view Anakin as an emotionally stable individual, and i still wonder how the heck Padme fell for a guy with so many issues haha, but i guess love is blind :oldrazz:
Definitelly true

Although Revenge is my favorite, I think one of the things I like better is that TPM used a lot less CGI. It still had a lot, but with actual sets and chraracters, it seems to blend a lot more seamlessly. Revenge managed to fix a lot of this, but one of the reasons AOTC is a hard watch for me is sometimes I feel like I'm watching real people in a cartoon. It isn't all the time but it is very jarring to me in certain scenes.

Simply take away "How Rude," "Yippee," the fart gag, the stepping in crap gag, and TPM is pretty good.

Just digitally replace JarJar with Tarpals and you've got a much better version of the tone RotJ was going for. Gungans >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ewoks. But sadly JarJar <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Wicket.

Although Revenge is my favorite, I think one of the things I like better is that TPM used a lot less CGI. It still had a lot, but with actual sets and chraracters, it seems to blend a lot more seamlessly. Revenge managed to fix a lot of this, but one of the reasons AOTC is a hard watch for me is sometimes I feel like I'm watching real people in a cartoon. It isn't all the time but it is very jarring to me in certain scenes.

Lucas basically overloaded AotC with CGI 'cause he was experimenting (same with TPM) with technology. That's why the CGI work in RotS is near damn flawless, imo. The ships in the opening fight looked just as real as the ones in the RotJ climax battle. They had weight on them and they weren't as shiny as, say, the Naboo fighters in TPM.

Well the first generation camera was like videotape everything was overly sharp, where as film hides the imperfections in the grain. ROTS looked better because George put a mesh like screen in front of the lens to cut down on sharpness. As you can read about it in the Making of ROTS book.

Precisely. AotC looks pristine and the most video-gameish of the bunch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"