• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Comics The Problem With Spider-Man

The whole flippen marvel universe needs a crisis to fix the mess its in. The absolute problem with spidey is that he has no conflict thats worth anything anymore. We the readers can clearly see a viable solution by page 2, while mr parker takes an arc to figure out.

Then i think its comic stucture. Comics have gotten too short. Ads make up 1/4th of these issues. Half of that is semi enjoyable shots that add nothing to the story except filler.

storyteller said:
The whole flippen marvel universe needs a crisis to fix the mess its in. The absolute problem with spidey is that he has no conflict thats worth anything anymore. We the readers can clearly see a viable solution by page 2, while mr parker takes an arc to figure out.

Then i think its comic stucture. Comics have gotten too short. Ads make up 1/4th of these issues. Half of that is semi enjoyable shots that add nothing to the story except filler.

It takes six issues to tell a story now but in the early days it would be done in one maybe two. Every story has to last six parts.

Spiderluke said:
It takes six issues to tell a story now but in the early days it would be done in one maybe two. Every story has to last six parts.

Thank you! thats why i dont like the hype round these boards about "sensational...". im sick of story arcs.theyre fine now and again but with spidey there are no more single issue stories anymore. i mean, what is this?x-men?? All it does is help complicate everything, like the over complicated alternate universe this and hidden origin that in x-men.

As much as i quite liked the idea of spidey having a power boost the fact that there's threads asking when it happened and they can't be answered because it came in parts is pathetic.

Spider-man is my first comic-book love. I will always come back to this book but it is seriously lacking in supporting cast. And bringing back flash to his i-love-spidey/ i-hate-petey days is pathetic. We need a mix of old developed characters and some bloody new ones, mixed in with the hero community. After the civil war spider-man is probs gona lose stark's support and so we can get back to the struggle, but his personal and professional life needs to be developed (although that does not mean regressed to an earlier stage).

WS's analysis was brill and he has amazing creativity and should be plotting the books. MY ideas would probs make you guys lay into ME!! ha! I think after the MJ-Pete split Felicia should come back into the picture, after dating a new girl and then... maybe... the Gwen clone? I think she's still alive? and it'd be interesting to see what she has to say about Sins Past (i didnt read it, but im guessin they DIDNT complicate this story more at the time by adding in the clone) and whether they could spark up a relationship now that she's moved on as her own person.It therefore wouldn't be bringing Gwen back but could mean a good thing actually comes from the clone saga, which started well but ended so badly. Don't shoot me...

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannnnman
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"