• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Raid

This movie was so awesome.

The fight between
The brothers and the main henchman 'Mad Dog' was not crazy. I was thinking fatality in my head when he died

The hollywod remake is going to struggle to find a white leading male who can pull off even half the stuff the Rama guy can do in this movie. Jason Statham sure couldn't.

Yeah, I'm not always against remakes but I seriously don't think this one CAN be remade with actors who have not practiced this form of martial art for years.

this movie was so awesome.

The fight between
the brothers and the main henchman 'mad dog' was not crazy. I was thinking fatality in my head when he died

the hollywod remake is going to struggle to find a white leading male who can pull off even half the stuff the rama guy can do in this movie. Jason statham sure couldn't.

boyka! Boyka! Boyka! Boyka!

I wonder how the original score/soundtrack compared to the new one they used from Shindoa(?)

Yeah, I'm not always against remakes but I seriously don't think this one CAN be remade with actors who have not practiced this form of martial art for years.

The advantage of an American version is the cornucopia of martial arts styles that they can use instead of just silat.

The disadvantage among many, is how many hollywood actors are actually fully trained in martial arts?

I suppose jason statham has already received the script?

Love this film, I really cant wait for the sequel and not the American remake.

The disadvantage among many, is how many hollywood actors are actually fully trained in martial arts?

I suppose jason statham has already received the script?

Boyka! Boyka! Boyka! Boyka!

[YT]l_OHCjZnT4A[/YT]

Gary Daniels;

[YT]d32MZjfaLj0[/YT]

Michael Jai White

[YT]i5TZQXMJT6A[/YT]

Last edited:
Don't disturb Michael Jai White when he's doin' his Kung-fu!

Boyka! Boyka! Boyka! Boyka!

[YT]l_OHCjZnT4A[/YT]

Gary Daniels;

[YT]d32MZjfaLj0[/YT]

Michael Jai White

[YT]i5TZQXMJT6A[/YT]

If the remake has anything approaching a mid size budget those are not the actors that will be cast.

If I see Matt Damon or Tom Hardy on the cast list, I'm tapping out immediately. It would just be a waste of talent, on both the actors and film makers parts.

That's how hollywood remakes go though. I was totally blown away by the film it was an action masterpiece i don't know how hollywood can improve on that?

I've heard fan suggestions for keanu reeves even :doh:

We all know Taylor Lautner will probably be cast in the remake.

ARGH DON'T EVEN SAY THINGS LIKE THAT! YOU NEVER KNOW WHO COULD BE WATCHING!

But... yeah. I could see something like that happening.

The movie will just be called Redemption and it will take place in New York.

Robby (Rama): Taylor Lautner
Andy (Andi): Taylor Kitsch
Tommy Recetti (Tama Riyadi): Ray Liotta
M-Dawg (Mad Dog): 50 Cent
Lieutenant Waylon (Lieutenant Wahyu): Eric Roberts
Sergeant Jacks (Sergeant Jaka): Keanu Reeves

ARGH DON'T EVEN SAY THINGS LIKE THAT! YOU NEVER KNOW WHO COULD BE WATCHING!

But... yeah. I could see something like that happening.

The movie will just be called Redemption and it will take place in New York.

Robby (Rama): Taylor Lautner
Andy (Andi): Taylor Kitsch
Tommy Recetti (Tama Riyadi): Ray Liotta
M-Dawg (Mad Dog): 50 Cent
Lieutenant Waylon (Lieutenant Wahyu): Eric Roberts
Sergeant Jacks (Sergeant Jaka): Keanu Reeves

[YT]sJAeD1f2YnI[/YT]

raidblu-ray.jpg

Sony has offically announced specs and bonus features for this release. The Blu-ray will boast a 1.78:1 widescreen transfer, encoded in 1080p/AVC, with English 5.1, Spanish (Castilian) 5.1, Spanish (Latin Am) 5.1, Portuguese (Brazil) 5.1, Indonesian / Bahasa 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio. The DVD will feature an anamorphic widescreen transfer and English 5.1, Indonesian / Bahasa 5.1 Dolby Digital audio. Extras for both releases will include the following:

• Video Blog 1: Bootcamp
  • Video Blog 2: Set Location, Camera & Lighting, Make up & Special Effects
  • Video Blog 3: Courtyard, Hole Drop
  • Video Blog 4: Drugs Lab, Tama's Office
  • Video Blog 5: Machete Gang & Corridor, Jaka vs. Mad Dog
  • Video Blog 6: Post Production
  • An Evening with Gareth Evans, Mike Shinoda & Joe Trapanese
  • Behind the Music
  • An Anatomy of a Scene
  • In Conversation with Gareth Evans and Mike Shinoda Hard Shoot
  • Score featurette
  • Stunts featurette
  • Themes featurette
  • Inside the Score featurette
  • Claycat's The Raid Short (see video below)
  • THE RAID TV show ad (circa 1994)
  • Commentary with Writer/Director Gareth Evans
Suggested retail for the Blu-ray is $35.99. Amazon has the Blu-ray available for the pre-order price of $25.19. DVD suggested retail is $30.99. Amazon's pre-order price is $21.69.

So you can add The Raid to the list of "S***ty Blu-Ray Covers Designed by a 5-Year-Old with Photoshop." Seriously, how the hell does this happen?

raid.jpg

Haha wow, that's horrible. Glad i ordered the Play.com Steelbox edition. ;)

PS. How is the movie Merantau? As good?

It actually has the certified fresh label on it.

This film was too awesome for me. It's like I can't even watch another film without watching the final boss fight a few times. Everytime I intend to watch another film, I'm like "Let me see that Mad Dog fight one more time, just one more time." This goes on for several times until I finally start watching the film I want to watch :funny:

So my friend saw this and said it was boring. I saw it today and now I want to stab him. This **** was off the wall. I loved every second of it.

So my friend saw this and said it was boring. I saw it today and now I want to stab him. This **** was off the wall. I loved every second of it.

I can't see how anyone can think this is boring...unless if they are some kinda film snob. Glad you loved it. :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IAmBatman125
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"